X3:R m5-killer missile factory

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

blacksteve

X3:R m5-killer missile factory

Post by blacksteve » Thu, 3. Apr 14, 19:34

First post, woohoo!

I LOVE what a Disruptor or a Hurricane missile will do to enemy M5s. There's nothing more annoying than having to chase those little buggers down at the end of a fight, so there's nothing more satisfying than firing a spread of missiles to zap the lot of them before I fire the first laser shot at the enemy heavies. ZAP! Gotcha sucker! *Cackling ensues*

I love it so much that it's worth the expense, to me, to start killing them exclusively with missiles.

Disruptors can't be sourced, though, and I haven't found a good source for Hurricanes... I think there may be an NPC fab in Paranid space (unclear from all the online sources if that only exists in X3:TC), but I'm actually trying to become Paranid-independent so that I can declare war on them as soon as the plot turns in that direction (I read a plot spoiler and I am preparing for it).

Is a Hurricane fab available in X3:R? If so, where?
If not, is there a different missile equally good for killing M5s that I *can* fab or source in large quantities?

blacksteve

Post by blacksteve » Thu, 3. Apr 14, 20:11

Hmm, it looks like the Wasp would do it.

x3.wikia.com says that those should be available in Family Njy (Split) and Cardinal's Domain (Paranid), but it makes no distinction between X3:R and X3:TC.

Will someone confirm if these locations have the fab in X3:R?

Also, the complex calculator (here: http://www.altanetworks.com/x3occ.html) says that the Split also sell a Thunderbolt fab-- where is that one available? Seems like it'd be good to setup a single complex for both missiles using the same food type (I really like both of those missiles).

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 3. Apr 14, 22:04

Explore your map as much as you can and look for a super shipyard that sells the L size stations of everything. Get the appropriate rank and the world or rather the galaxy is your oyster.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 3. Apr 14, 23:29

@shaun: Not in X3R.

X3R factory data with a slight twist: http://www.seizewell.de/x3-r/x3fabriken.php

Wasp Forges: Argon @Omikron, Paranid @Cardinal's, Split @Njy
Tbolt Forges: Split @Cho

There is probably a NPC Hurricane Forge in Family Tkr. Care and feed it.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 22:43

Welcome to the forums :)

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Welcome!

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 09:36

Welcome to TC, blacksteve!

Don't know which start you are in, or even which game. You have picked the perfect enemy. You don't want all of them after you. Pirates are not enough, and they are a dangerous enemy if you keep after them. If you like capping the small ships, the Paranid TS are worth $. The big TS sells for $1 Mil. If you kill them in Argon space, you gain Argon for it. Don't kill Paranid civilians or attack their bases though. There is a limit to how much rep you can lose, if leave these alone. So it isn't too hard to come back, when it's time for that. I like Paranid ships, all of them. They really are too good to leave in Paranid hands.

Welcome to TC!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”