M2/M1 main guns

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mandomaniac
x3tc

M2/M1 main guns

Post by mandomaniac » Thu, 3. Apr 14, 20:28

I have searched the forums for a while and i cannot find the answer to my question...

Is there a mod which give M2s M1s and possibly the panther player controlled guns, and if not how would it be done??????

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 3. Apr 14, 23:55

What do you mean with "panther player controlled guns" ?

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 00:24

I think he refers to Main Guns, as with fighters and some frigates.. but that would make player destroyers too much OP. Where is the fun in that? if you want an OP ship, buy X-rebirth.

Also they would conflic with other mods that changes ships like XRM i guess.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 02:15

I am not sure that there is a mod that does that however, you can do it yourself if you want.
There is a guide on how to do it here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 35#3870835

However there is a reason why there is no huge ships in the game with front guns. You probably noticed that your fighters when they are attacking they go in for 'strafing runs', while big ships try to sit back a bit and pound the enemy with turrets. Well the feature that determines which type of action they do in combat is determined by the presence of main guns. If they do have main guns they will go in for strafing, otherwise they will sit back and use turrets. The easy way to see this is to get a Tiger and Panther frigate and tell them to attack something and you can clearly see that there will be a big difference to their fighting style.
Since most big ships don't have good turning angles, an M1 or M2 that goes in for a strafing run will most likely ram whatever target they were trying to attack, making the addition of a main gun detrimental to the ships operations.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

mandomaniac
x3tc

Post by mandomaniac » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 06:52

Hmm... i dont want to over power any ships or "break compatability" however i had an idea for a new script to solve the "problem" only i dont know if it is possible...

So i only know a little bit about coding but would a script like this be possible:

It would be a "turret script" that add the commands "manual turret override" and "reverse manual turret overide" activating mto would hopefully do this:

/MTO
/is MTO running on a different turret: no (this is the first time we r running it)
/save current command for this turret in temp storage
/save current weapon loadout for this turret in temp storage (i know this is at least somewhat possible bc of all the weapon switcher mods)
/remove weapons from this turret
/move turret guns to main guns... gun bank 0 something like that??? This is the part that i wonder if it is possible to run midgame in flight
/apply weapons profile from turret to main guns

And then lets say we want to run MTO on a different turret

/is MTO running on a different turret: yes
/run command RMTO

/RMTO
/remove weapons from main guns
/move guns back to original turret
/apply weapon profile back to this turret
/apply saved turret comand to this turret
/ was RMTO run from MTO:
/no
/do nothing
/yes
/run command MTO on previously selected turret

Is this "script" possible or just an entertaining waiste of imagination?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 08:34

As far as I understand you, you would like to have a certain load out of weapons in a turret, if the player "enters" the turret, thus manually overrides the actual script controlled turret, right?
If so, the only problem I see: How to get the turret the player controls at the moment?
If this is somehow possible, then writing such a script should be no problem.

mandomaniac
x3tc

Post by mandomaniac » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 17:28

@nico not exactly.... what i would like if it is possible would be to "override" a turret and remove or disable its "guns" while adding or enabling main guns... so that i can be a control freak and manually control the main guns with out overpowering the ship ot screwing up the ai behavior of m1/2s if this script would work on a front turret then it could work on any forward facing turret ie left right top and bottom however the practicality of overriding any turret execpt the front 1 would be minimal... if this can be done with out modding each individual ship that would be wonderful

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”