Boarding ships on Shady Business Plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Black_hole_suN

Boarding ships on Shady Business Plot

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 03:02

I'm about to start the part where rival corps will send ships to attack me.

BUT.. what if instead of destroying those ships, I board them instead?

>> Will they despawn after some time after I acquire them just like boading some RRF ships?

>> I heard they have a "Mercenary" prefix in them.. can I keep that after boarding just like in TC??

>> what about rep loss?? are they tied to the race that sends them or are they set to "Enemy Race" just like the ships in some station defend missions?

>> I really hope they come with marines onboard..

I thoroughly prepared for this plotline.. so I only have one boron eqd. (where all my traders will dock for safety) and PHQ for my stations and a fleet of 3 M1, a Xenon I as the only m2.. a Kraken/Sirokos boarding combo..

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sat, 12. Apr 14, 01:41

since no one replied I went ahead and finished the plot... the part where attacks from rival corps happen is a dissapointment really...
Spoiler
Show

>>enemy ships jump around you not at a gate of the sector you are in.

>> even at Hero fight rank and purposely used Jonferco hackers the forces they send is still smaller than I expected.. m7 starts spawning at the 5th or 6th spawn.. m2's at the last 4 spawn and m1 at the last spawn... LOL

>> they do have "mercenary" prefix and I get to keep it after boarding..

>> they dont disappear/ dispawn after the plot is over

>> they are not tied to the faction that send them, no rep loss

>> they do have marines onboard, this makes boarding much more worthwile... I lost 4 4-star and 5 elite marines but gained/subdued 15 5-star marine, 4 4-stars, and 6 marines with 2 stars in fighting after the attacks.. along with 15 capitals..

it was fun.. until it got tedius where you have to destroy the same enemy.. and you have very little time to rearm missiles and switch marines after the ones in your ship hit 100 in fight rank..
after that though.. it was really fun!!! I wont go into details but now I'm enjoying "that" ship at 240m/s

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 12. Apr 14, 22:09

Thanks for that info.
I am not much into boarding,so when I saw your OP, I just tagged it to see what others say.
But if I get an urge to play a boarding game, I will keep this in mind.

Yes ,that particular ship has become my personal ship for most tasks now.

My current game , I started with it as my first ship and set the Goner to broker peace before the War-zones became "live".
That meant I did not do that mission and get another.
(Playing the TC for AP mod in my sig)

But if I do play AP vanilla again,I might just give it a shot.
Thanks again.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”