Selling Missiles Exploit?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddible
x4

Selling Missiles Exploit?

Post by oddible » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 09:38

Several types of missiles will ALWAYS sell at Equipment docks (such as Aurora), so as long as the factory is producing under market average this is an endless milk run - seems rather exploity.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 09:53

If the Equipment Dock doesn't normally stock a particular missile, then it will take an infinite amount of those particular missiles (though you may have to make more than one transaction). And when sold, they will disappear into the aether. That's just how it works.

Some people make full use of this by constructing missile complexes and using an M5 with Trade Extension to perform the Manual Trade Run command on infinite loop to sell to the Eq Docks.

Cheat? Exploit? Creative Use of Game Mechanics? That's up to you. Whether to use it or not is also up to you.

Personally I don't really see it as cheating any more than building giant Booze/Weed, Shield or Microchip complexes. They have much the same effect with seemingly infinite demand even though no one appears to actually use the stuff.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 11:24

The economy model is rather fake in X3s. Some wares just spawn from nowhere, most disappear to invisible end users. You can expect lots of exploits/cheating or whatever you call it from this model.

Every time I read someone writes something about improving/balancing/stabilizing the economy, I feel a bit strange since there is no real economy. Wares just spawn, go through some channels, and disappear somewhere.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 13:08

Lone Jedi wrote:Wares just spawn, go through some channels, and
disappear somewhere.
So we've gone from "some wares" spawn (which is perfectly true, boarding pods for example) to a blanket statement that they all do?

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 13:57

pjknibbs wrote:
Lone Jedi wrote:Wares just spawn, go through some channels, and
disappear somewhere.
So we've gone from "some wares" spawn (which is perfectly true, boarding pods for example) to a blanket statement that they all do?
Not all of them, but some other wares found in equipment docks and military outposts also spawn. NPC power plants produce energy cells from nothing, isnt that spawning? They are enough to make the economy unbelievable.
I live in my Vidar.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 14:07

Its logical that power plants produce from nothing IMO.
They just collect solar energy and pack it up in cells (which are returned back to the solar plant once used).

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 14:08

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Its logical that power plants produce from nothing IMO.
They just collect solar energy and pack it up in cells (which are returned back to the solar plant once used).
What about yours?
I live in my Vidar.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 14:29

If NPC SPPs required Crystals, it'd probably result in GoD deleting the universe.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 14:53

OniGanon wrote:If NPC SPPs required Crystals, it'd probably result in GoD deleting the universe.
That exactly supports what I'm talking about - the design problem of the economy. The "economy" is extremely problematic, the model will not run smoothly at all; so invisible hands were added here and there.
I live in my Vidar.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 17:03

LOL...wares don't 'spawn from nothing'...at least for the most part...but there is one small category of items that do.

SHIPS AND STATIONS

I always figure that whatever junk I dump into eq docks is being recycled at the shipyard, which otherwise is consuming no resources at all.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 19:55

Lone Jedi wrote:That exactly supports what I'm talking about - the design problem of the economy. The "economy" is extremely problematic, the model will not run smoothly at all; so invisible hands were added here and there.
Sure, but y'know it's imperfect partly by design. The holes in the system makes for opportunities for the player.

It'd kinda suck if the whole universe was like core Split space where they pretty much have everything needed and traders seem to actually do a decent job of moving everything around.

Hard to make any profitsss in a perfect system.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 15:06

OniGanon wrote:
Lone Jedi wrote:That exactly supports what I'm talking about - the design problem of the economy. The "economy" is extremely problematic, the model will not run smoothly at all; so invisible hands were added here and there.
Sure, but y'know it's imperfect partly by design. The holes in the system makes for opportunities for the player.

It'd kinda suck if the whole universe was like core Split space where they pretty much have everything needed and traders seem to actually do a decent job of moving everything around.

Hard to make any profitsss in a perfect system.

I have been playing most of the X Universe to TC. I don't buy it for economic realism.

I do it to fly and command all types of Starships and fighters. It's a Space Opera. Equal to a lot of the Military Science fiction novels out there to buy. It's about Command Decisions, grand strategy and tactics.

In game ships or modded to heck, with all the famous types of ships that are out there to add. Economics are not relevant, simply a basic tool to use to generate credits.

It's about managing a Fleet, flying a rusty old freighter, or shooting up Pirate ships to protect the shipping lanes. Flying a massive M2, or flying recon on point ahead of the fleet in a flimsy M5.

The game is the very best of it's type, and I plan to play for a long while yet.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”