landing planets mod requesting

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

quitnoblesix

landing planets mod requesting

Post by quitnoblesix » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 17:41

hi all guys with cheats i tried to land in a planet but there wasn't any reaction for the distance between me and my ship do you know if someone is working to create landing or gravity effects to something more realistic for the game?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 18:08

i think its sufficiently relistic currently, because if you get too close to a planet your Ship goes boom... besides: in Orbit you wouldnt really notice gravity (which is where the Sectors seem to be located) - to fall down from Orbit onto a Planet you would need tens to thousands of years, depending on height of the Orbit.

Adding Planet Landings isnt really fesible, too because the Engine is definietly not designed for that.. the closest thing you could get would be an Sector Background like a Sky and surface Objects on the Ecliptic level, but the performance would probably be horrible and the AI wouldnt be able to handle it (not designed to work with Objects that big)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 19:27

As explained by UniTrader, this suggestion / request has come up since modding exists for the X games. That is a good 10 years, more if you consider the rudimentary modding done for X-Tension.

There were numerous projects to enable it over the years, none of which succeeded.

Sorry to say but it still is not possible to implement any sufficient semblance of planet landings into the game.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 17. Apr 14, 04:45

People asked for walking around on stations, until Rebirth implemented it. And then everyone was like, "why did you implement walking around on stations?"

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 05:31

Well, certainly there isn't even a single ship that was design for atmospheric flight, they will fly like a brick (and the frigates like an anvil) so there is no point in doing that.

I even remember the last mission of Wing Commander 3 where you have to drop a bomb in the Kilrathy home planet, and it did suck graphically and physically in comparison with the rest of the game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”