Will this Argon High-Tech Trader ever bail?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Will this Argon High-Tech Trader ever bail?

Post by IanFitzJo » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 14:18

I really want her Nova Prototype but I can't seem to get her to bail. I've reloaded a whole bunch of times, tried various combos (how quick, which guns, etc.) for how to drop her shields then work her hull down. I'm in an Advanced Perseus packing HEPTs, PBEs and EBCs. I'd appreciate any suggestions or am I wasting my time? Is she one of those types that will never bail?

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 14:27

I don't know if certain pilots are more or less likely to bail than others, but to my knowledge:

a) A pilot is more likely to bail if you land lots of hits on their hull in a few seconds, so weapons that fire fast but do very little Hull Damage (Ion Disruptor, Pulse Beam Emitter) are ideal

b) I'm pretty sure your combat rank has an impact on how likely an enemy is to bail as well.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 14:30

My rank is Vindicator. Does a high fight-rank make likelihood of a bail higher or lower?

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 14:33

If it's too hard to get a pilot to bail, take him down and try with another target. It's overall less frustrating as some pilots simply won't bail.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 14:40

Think I will, reluctantly, give up this hunt. I searched right across the galaxy and I think she is flying the only Nova Prototype in circulation at this time. I've reloaded about 30 times and she steadfastly refuses to bail. I think I've been persistent enough.

Hellfire29
x3tc

Post by Hellfire29 » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 07:34

There's a hidden bravery(I think that's what it's called) factor that affects the likelihood that they bail. You can't do anything about this but kill them and hope the next one that spawns has a lower value.
Guns don't kill people, Split kill people.

I'm always up for a game of Monopoly.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 09:17

Hellfire29 wrote:There's a hidden bravery(I think that's what it's called) factor that affects the likelihood that they bail. You can't do anything about this but kill them and hope the next one that spawns has a lower value.
It's called morale.

Some pilots just never bail, regardless how many times you reload.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”