Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 23:59

Chase842 wrote:@Litcube

Oh man that's a bummer!

Is there anyway I could script it in without breaking anything?
Yup. Just script er' in, modify a few files, and you're good to go!

Chase842
x3ap

Post by Chase842 » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 00:09

@Litcube

Great!

I've already been browsing through the scripts in the main folder and the addon folder today, and I have been unable to find anything relating to unfocused jumps. Unless the LU installer deleted these, they should be there somewhere...

Since you obviously know these files really well, would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I'm a programmer, so I don't mind doing the legwork, but I can't find the relevant script(s).

Thanks!

EDIT:

Important Note: This is my first time scripting/editing for X3, so make no assumptions that I know certain corks of the modding/scripting methods for X3.

Chase842
x3ap

Post by Chase842 » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 01:13

Ok, I have got a script that jumps the player ship to a known sectors jump gate. That much I could do in the script editor. Seems all I really need is to be able to input the unknown sector generator thingy that would be associated with the unfocused jump drive.

Anyone know where I can find this thing?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 17:12

@Chase842

You should find the vanilla scripts for the UJD in a normal installation before applying the LU patches.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 17:14

For anyone new to the Mod you might want to check out this page for some basic info on how LU changes Weapons, missiles and ships. http://blubb.najut.org/x3/

Chase842
x3ap

Post by Chase842 » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 21:18

An Update:

I got the unfocused jumpdrive equipped on my ship using a custom start mod, that let's you select the UFJD as an option.

However, once I jumped to an unknown sector... it was empty, as in no ships, asteroids, nothing but space.

At this point this is beyond me what to do.

I could really use some help!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 21:50

Chase842 wrote:
I could really use some help!
This is probably not the thread.

Chase842
x3ap

Post by Chase842 » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 22:15

@Litcube

Fair enough.

Ubern
xr

MLCC ships not refueling

Post by Ubern » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 23:02

Ignore the below. It was a simple stupid user error.
Spoiler
Show
I can't seem to figure out how to get my MLCC ships to replenish their energy cells after an engagement. Would you mind having a look at the set up below and see if there is something I have done wrong?

A Marauder is assigned to an OTAS Starliner EQ dock that has MLCC installed.
Marauder has 441 EC in cargo hold and is configured to engage Capitals and then my target. I call it to assist then tell to retreat. It docks at Starliner and does not refuel ( it now has 281 EC). I have also tried selecting "restock" in the MLCC menu (this results in all ships returning to the Starliner EQ without restocking their ECs.

Marauder's Advanced Jump Drive Configuration is: Auto jump = Yes, Minimum Autojump = 1, Fuel Resupply Quantity(jumps) = 100.

Starliner has a Freighter assigned. It has 200 EC's and the following extensions: Combat command software mk1, duplex scanner, freight scanner, jumpdrive, navigation command software mk1, SETA, special command software mk1, station agent software, trade command software mk1 and mk2 and mk3, trade run extension, trading system extension , triplex scanner

There is a Saturn complex 10 in system that is producing ECs. It is at 99% capacity and has the following parameters: Max jumps = 9, Open to race traders = yes, open to your traders = yes, traders to standby = no, importing threshold = 5%, exporting threshold = 30%.

As far as I can tell, the starliner has no EC's in it even though I would expect it to be picking some up from the nearby EC factory. Dockware manager on the starliner says: Energy = Energy Cells, Amount = --, Capacity = 80,000, Per = 0%, Freight Source = Energy 10 50%

For completeness, here are the Marauder's Extensions.
Marauder's Extensions: Best Buys Locator, Best Selling Price Locator, Boost extension, Cargo Lifesupport, Carrier command software, ccds mk1, ccds mk2, docking computer, duplex scanner, freight scanner, hull polarising device, jumpdrive, mineral scanner, navigation command software mk1, quantum jumpgate extension, SETA, special command software mk1, trade command software mk1 and mk2, trade run extension, trading system extension, triplex scanner.
Last edited by Ubern on Wed, 17. Jan 18, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 23:19

How many sectors/jumps between Saturn hub and Starliner dock. Your freighter needs to have enough fuel for a return journey.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Re: MLCC ships not refueling

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 23:53

Ubern wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to get my MLCC ships to replenish their energy cells after an engagement. Would you mind having a look at the set up below and see if there is something I have done wrong?

A Marauder is assigned to an OTAS Starliner EQ dock that has MLCC installed.
Marauder has 441 EC in cargo hold and is configured to engage Capitals and then my target. I call it to assist then tell to retreat. It docks at Starliner and does not refuel ( it now has 281 EC). I have also tried selecting "restock" in the MLCC menu (this results in all ships returning to the Starliner EQ without restocking their ECs.

Marauder's Advanced Jump Drive Configuration is: Auto jump = Yes, Minimum Autojump = 1, Fuel Resupply Quantity(jumps) = 100.

Starliner has a Freighter assigned. It has 200 EC's and the following extensions: Combat command software mk1, duplex scanner, freight scanner, jumpdrive, navigation command software mk1, SETA, special command software mk1, station agent software, trade command software mk1 and mk2 and mk3, trade run extension, trading system extension , triplex scanner

There is a Saturn complex 10 in system that is producing ECs. It is at 99% capacity and has the following parameters: Max jumps = 9, Open to race traders = yes, open to your traders = yes, traders to standby = no, importing threshold = 5%, exporting threshold = 30%.

As far as I can tell, the starliner has no EC's in it even though I would expect it to be picking some up from the nearby EC factory. Dockware manager on the starliner says: Energy = Energy Cells, Amount = --, Capacity = 80,000, Per = 0%, Freight Source = Energy 10 50%

For completeness, here are the Marauder's Extensions.
Marauder's Extensions: Best Buys Locator, Best Selling Price Locator, Boost extension, Cargo Lifesupport, Carrier command software, ccds mk1, ccds mk2, docking computer, duplex scanner, freight scanner, hull polarising device, jumpdrive, mineral scanner, navigation command software mk1, quantum jumpgate extension, SETA, special command software mk1, trade command software mk1 and mk2, trade run extension, trading system extension, triplex scanner.[/b]
Did you configure the source of E cells in your MLCC dock?
Your Freighter won't know where to get the E cells until you tell it.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Ubern
xr

Post by Ubern » Wed, 17. Jan 18, 01:04

Wow yall reply fast haha. The e cell source was indeed the problem. Thanks a ton!!

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Sat, 20. Jan 18, 22:28

Can someone please explain how things work?
Let's say I have a wasp complex hub. In my HQ I have set the capacity to 5000 and source export threshold to 1%. Why are my HQ freighters "waiting for load" even if my complex is at 25%? Shouldn't they start transporting the goods as soon as the complex reaches 1%?
If not, how am I supposed to sell the goods in excess? Should I hire a station agent for every complex hub I have (as I'm doing right now)?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 20. Jan 18, 22:34

albazeus wrote:Can someone please explain how things work?
Let's say I have a wasp complex hub. In my HQ I have set the capacity to 5000 and source export threshold to 1%. Why are my HQ freighters "waiting for load" even if my complex is at 25%? Shouldn't they start transporting the goods as soon as the complex reaches 1%?
If not, how am I supposed to sell the goods in excess? Should I hire a station agent for every complex hub I have (as I'm doing right now)?
Did you set your HQ to "overstock"?
But no, that will prevent Dock Agents from selling it. So yes, if you want to sell the stuff, do so from the SCH directly, with Station Agents.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Sat, 20. Jan 18, 23:38

Sirrobert wrote:Did you set your HQ to "overstock"?
But no, that will prevent Dock Agents from selling it. So yes, if you want to sell the stuff, do so from the SCH directly, with Station Agents.
So you're not supposed to sell your stuff from the HQ? What are the DA for? I think I'm missing something very obvious here... :?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 00:12

albazeus wrote:
Sirrobert wrote:Did you set your HQ to "overstock"?
So you're not supposed to sell your stuff from the HQ? What are the DA for? I think I'm missing something very obvious here... :?
You can use Sell Dock Agents to sell salvage that your Reaper Quickshuttle brings in.
You can use Station Agents to sell products.

You can also use a Courier to bring your product to the HQ, and then the Dock Agents will sell it.
It's just that Overstock will prevent them from selling it, that makes it easy to unload everything your SCH produce into your HQ for later use (ship building)

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 01:23

Sorry but I'm more confused than before. I'll try to explain my problem in more details. I have an HQ with 4 buy DAs, 10 sell DAs and 10 FRs. My idea was: my FRs bring all my stuff from my SCHs to my HQ until the capacity of that ware is reached, then the sell DAs will sell what exceeds.
According to the wiki:
This capacity is the amount to which your Dock Agent pilots or Freighter pilots will adhere to when stocking the dock. Any amount over this capacity will be sold by your dock agent. Your Freighters will also not ferry any more than your capacity from the wares sources. More on this later.
The "More on this later":
When a ware is set to overstock, Freighters will continue to stock the ware despite the capacity settings. Additionally, Dock Agents will not sell wares set to overstock.
My understanding is:
If overstock is set to no, the FRs will stop at capacity but DAs will not sell the wares because they are needed by the HQ.
If overstock is set to yes, the FRs will stock more wares but the DAs will still not sell them because "Dock Agents will not sell wares set to overstock".
So my question is: in which scenario DAs will find wares to sell? As I said, I think I'm missing something really obvious. I'm just asking how this mod is meant to be played.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 01:30

If the ware isn't set to be stocked. It's in the loose list at the bottom.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 01:37

DAs will sell things that are over the set capacity, and not set to overstock.
They also sell everything that's not set as stocked at all.

You can get things in overstock by stocking them with a Courier, or by bringing them in as loot from a Reaper Quick Shuttle.
Or by using one of Joubarbe's submods: Internal Distribution Network

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 16:57

Dock agents sell stuff not wanted/required by the dock. The items at the bottom of the main dock manager page.

Example: 1

I have an IRE SCH. I have a courier which picks up the IRE's and drops them at my HQ. As I don't want to keep them, they are not in the weapon section of the dockware manager but in the loose collection at the bottom of the list. As soon as my DA can make a sale of more than 20k he's off.

Example 2

I have a Chaff SCH. I have my chaff set to 1000 in the HQ dockware manger. If I use a freighter to maintain this level, he behaves according to the rules and keeps the HQ stocked at 1000.

My SCH produces way more than I use currently so I want to sell the excess from my HQ with my DA. So I use a COURIER to collect the chaff from the SCH and drop it at the HQ. Couriers just loop a set of instructions and do what they are told. Once the HQ gets to 1000 the rest is excess and the DA sells it.

So in summary, the freighters you are using are behaving as intended.

The HQ is working as intended.

You are simply using the wrong tool for the job.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”