Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 17:36

BlackArchon wrote:Please do not create a new patch for LU just now, I'm about to start a new and modified LU 1.7.2 game. Porting all of my changes to a new patch is tedious work, don't make me do that! :D
You could just... not update.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Apr 18, 18:15

I recommend a delay of 7 years between each patch.

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 13:49

Litcube wrote: Don`t feel bad. The SCH scripts are, by a wide margin, the most complicated in LU. They are the most complicated I have seen. They could be the most complicated made for X3, period (Bounce, script version, was pretty complicated).
Your words mean a lot, thanks. It took me a lot of time to get as far as I did, and although I never expected to be able to fix the core issue myself, I did at least learn from it a bit. Plus now I've finally got the basics of scripting down, with a better but still incomplete idea of just what all exactly can be done. It was fun and insightful not to mention a good way to pass the time.
Litcube wrote:I will commit to fixing it. If I have my brain wrapped around it right, the issue is only with energy cells, in that the generation of support stations is only compensating for resource requirements, and not product requirements. What is likely to happen is energy hubs will end up requiring much more support stations once the number crunching is done.
What you said is what I'm seeing, but I think it applies to every configuration where the main product ware is also a resource for a support station, not just energy cells specifically. Off the top of my head Rastar Oil, Crystals, and Silicon Wafers are some of the more noticeable ones since they're HQ resources along with Energy Cells. All race foods should be affected too, but that's probably much less common of a main product for an SCH.

A problem I see though is that in those cases even if the product requirements are compensated for, in the end you'll have an SCH that only outputs say 400 of the main product because of how RelVal and station sizes work, but the stations that make it up would actually make 410 if they were in a traditional complex. So on the SCH, that extra 10 just gets clipped off. You'd have to either just take that loss or make something like the Minimum Energy Surplus / Lib.Cmd.SaturnComplexHub.Surplus script that periodically adds the difference back in.

I'm going to do a fresh install and check what the calculator gives me just to double check everything. I can make a screenshot album of the results if you'd like.

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 13:57

Joubarbe wrote:I recommend a delay of 7 years between each patch.
i´m REALLY sory, you are nuts! :P :wink:

sdfgwrtetyryr
xr

Post by sdfgwrtetyryr » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 17:15

Hi Folks, can someone help me a bit here. I am really newb to modding, so I need some help.
I have quite an annoying issue, with ships bought in Terran/ATF sectors; there are no Jumpdrives on shipyards there as you may know, which results in a tedious procedure before you can move them to your MLCC.
I tried to modify TWares list via X3 editor2 and modify a ware category, adding SS_WARE_WARPING, which will just install Jumpdrive on each ship as a built-in component (after modding TShips ofc).

It worked, Jumpdrive was installed, however ships just refuse to jump with it. If you buy a Jumpdrive it works, but built-in doesn't.

I decided to try another way, and tried to add Jumpdrive as an equipment to Shipyards, but ultimately failed to figure out which file is responsible for editing what equipment is sold on shipyads.

So is there any way to solve the issue of either adding jumpdrives to shipyads, or setting it is as default equipment?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 17:28

Why not load them on a carrier?

sdfgwrtetyryr
xr

Post by sdfgwrtetyryr » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 17:47

Because no carrier can support 4 Aegirs docked, and moreover, involving carrier is what I call "tedious". So the question is, how can I either mod ships to include working jumpdrive, or mod shipyards to have jumpdrive.

Thanks for your response anyway. LU is a masterpiece, I just try to turn it into a game I can play nearly forever.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 17:56

sdfgwrtetyryr wrote:...
I decided to try another way, and tried to add Jumpdrive as an equipment to Shipyards, but ultimately failed to figure out which file is responsible for editing what equipment is sold on shipyads.

So is there any way to solve the issue of either adding jumpdrives to shipyads, or setting it is as default equipment?
You want to add Jumpdrives as a product to a Military Base or Equipment Dock in the same sector as the Shipyard, not to the Shipyard itself.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 17:58

This is not thread for generic X3 modding.

sdfgwrtetyryr
xr

Post by sdfgwrtetyryr » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 18:15

Thanks BlackArchon, I've tried it already, but it did not work either, jumpdrive appears as equipment, yet jumps do not occur. I'll try to solve it myself somehow.

BTW, I tried it on a LU-free install as a test and it works just to edit a ware category for a ship, so I am sure it's just due to LU have something modified about it. And taking into account this, and that forum branch is called "Scripts and Modding" it seems like a proper place to ask, but whatever...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 18:33

I want to say something mean, but I don't have anything. Damn I'm getting old. Poor Director of Comm skills here :(

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 19:24

Got a fresh new install and calculator results are showing that it happens for Crystals, Silicon Wafers, Energy Cells, and race foods. I haven't checked every single race food, and I can't at the moment think of other products to check.

Here's an Imgur album showing calculator results for 4 examples of Argon configurations at 300x size. Suns value, SCH production size, and maker race seem to make no difference.
https://imgur.com/a/TjWDY

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 20:56

Thanks, A10. I said the F Word really loud.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 21:04

Carrot eaters can hear you, shut up!

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 16:23

Hope it is ok to ask about this here

I am hoping one day to play Litcube's Universe; but for now I am working my way through the X saga from BtF.
Currently I am on Reunion...and going well.

I am looking ahead to setting up to play Terran Conflict....
And I would love to be able to use Litcube's awesome GUI
Is this at all possible?
Has it been or can it be adapted to TC & AP?
If I installed it on a vanilla AP would I be able to play TC & AP with it?

Thanks

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 00:01

siddham wrote:Hope it is ok to ask about this here

I am hoping one day to play Litcube's Universe; but for now I am working my way through the X saga from BtF.
Currently I am on Reunion...and going well.

I am looking ahead to setting up to play Terran Conflict....
And I would love to be able to use Litcube's awesome GUI
Is this at all possible?
Has it been or can it be adapted to TC & AP?
If I installed it on a vanilla AP would I be able to play TC & AP with it?

Thanks
Unfortunately no, the UI wont work outside of LU; While adaption is likely possible to some extant, LU has special settings that TC/AP cant read.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 00:41

That's a shame :(
I would so love to have something like Malachite in my TC & AP games
Oh well I do have TrixX's excellent Gold GUI for TC & AP
Thanks for explaining

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 00:57

Before I started playing LU (with Malachite) I was using Pure X (not the Gold version) with one of its low glow variants (I hate that glow):
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=299546
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 02:30

memeics wrote:Before I started playing LU (with Malachite) I was using Pure X (not the Gold version) with one of its low glow variants (I hate that glow):
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=299546
Thanks memeics
I'll have a look at the at the Pure X GUI

kecin25
x4

Station Agent - Agent Paused

Post by kecin25 » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 18:54

So I have an ore mine early game and have a Mercury Tanker XL for it with all the equipment needed to be a Station Agent. And every time I have it run the Station Agent command it will say it is waiting, then say "Station Agent - Agent Paused". What does this mean and How do I fix it? I also have the Mercury's home base set up correctly.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”