Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 23:09

Scoob wrote: Pirates are great for early-game rep with the Argon, I used to camp out in Elena's Fortune and snag rep, loot and the odd bailed ship. Making friends with the Pirates makes the initial game a bit slower, but opens up their sectors for traversal and trade. Also, you can just sit and watch any Pirate vs. Race fights and collect any loot without any real danger.

Odd about your trade ships, I know UT's will only trade in a Sector with Player Property present, and I thought other (Station Agent equipped) ships followed the same rule. I've placed nav sats in every sector pretty much, so I can check for Xenon activity.

Oh, the best earner for me is being lucky enough to get a Xenon invasion and anti-Xenon Patrol mission in the same Sector at once. The former pays a LOT higher per ship, but the latter spawns a LOT more ships for a given difficultly. I made over a billion credits on one of these combo's, but it was a HUGE fight with all my heavy military ships involved. The Xenon Z's (18gj shielding) generally prove the toughest to take down.

Btw: do you have much experience with SCH's? Mine appear to be slightly bugged as per my post above. Perhaps it's some mod conflict as I do use a couple of additional scripts, thought they're all Litcube Mod approved I thought.

Scoob.
Not got much expirence with SCH's. Might be to do with how traders won't touch illegal goods if they can help it?

Anywho my problem wasn't them trying to trade. It was them jumping into pirate sectors to travel, or escape from fights. Since it was a known location, but with no player property present, they couldn't detect enemies and figured it was safe. Despite being a pirate/xenon sector full of things just itching to blow them up.

Edit: Aaaaaaaand they're still jumping into pirate sectors for some reason, maybe they just don't have enough jump fuel? I don't know how they're programmed but they just keep jumping into pirate sectors on the way back from selling things.
Last edited by asdx on Sun, 19. Aug 18, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 23:54

Scoob wrote:
I've also been dabbling with MLCC - I had a bunch of captured ships so thought I'd have a play - Was wondering if I can automate their response to threats? Currently, I'm manually issuing the command to send ships to various Security Complaints, but I wonder if they respond automatically if one of my ships is actually attacked?

Scoob.
Here u go!!

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 12:31

so im wondering why i only have a FLC of 0,26% with a combat rank of 24

if i look herehttp://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eature_FLC than i should have plenty more or am i wrong?

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 12:40

I'm wondering something. Is there a way to automate drone carriers and such? I'm asking cause I can afford a Griffon now and it mentions being able to drop a bunch of drones quickly. Not sure if carrier command software does anything for drones...

(it is now 6 AM and I need to get to bed before it's suddenly noon, again)

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 12:52

asdx wrote:I'm wondering something. Is there a way to automate drone carriers and such? I'm asking cause I can afford a Griffon now and it mentions being able to drop a bunch of drones quickly. Not sure if carrier command software does anything for drones...

(it is now 6 AM and I need to get to bed before it's suddenly noon, again)
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0 maybe this helps u

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 13:30

Freenan wrote:so im wondering why i only have a FLC of 0,26% with a combat rank of 24

if i look herehttp://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eature_FLC than i should have plenty more or am i wrong?
Rank 24 puts you at 85-140k points. Which is still in the very first box of chances.
0,26% fits.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 21:36

Freenan wrote: Here u go!!
Thanks, will check it out.
Freenan wrote: so im wondering why i only have a FLC of 0,26% with a combat rank of 24
I think that's as high as it goes. I'm "Extreme" in Combat and it's stopped at just shy of 25% chance. This gives me LOADS of loot, especially from my own kills. I use a Drake with over 20,000 cargo as a Reaper, and sometimes it takes two trips to collect all the loot from Patrol and Invasion missions.

Scoob.

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 04:10

Well It appears it was the jump fuel being too low, so that's one problem sorted out. I'm rank 7 with the Argon now, so I can buy an M7 finally. Going to rank up with the Teladi next, any of you recommend a specific M7 for player use?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 09:01

I had quite some fun with the Teladi Geochen in the past. It's reasonably fast, especially for a Teladi ship, has quite a strong weapon energy generator and a huge cargo bay for storing missiles. :)

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 10:23

So my SA just startet not selling all my IRE i produce on my SCH´s, they´re just selling one at a time, what makes no sense at all, they got more than enough energycells, there are MORE THAN enough buyers for my IRE and the SCH´s configuration is at max range for selling/buying and the export threshold ist at 0% so they SHOULD sell all of them, it started from one second to another at no reason why... help save my profitssssssssss :lol:

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 10:49

Freenan wrote:So my SA just startet not selling all my IRE i produce on my SCH´s, they´re just selling one at a time, what makes no sense at all, they got more than enough energycells, there are MORE THAN enough buyers for my IRE and the SCH´s configuration is at max range for selling/buying and the export threshold ist at 0% so they SHOULD sell all of them, it started from one second to another at no reason why... help save my profitssssssssss :lol:
Check that there are still stations buying more than 1 at a time.
It's possible you saturated the market.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 11:11

asdx wrote:Well It appears it was the jump fuel being too low, so that's one problem sorted out. I'm rank 7 with the Argon now, so I can buy an M7 finally. Going to rank up with the Teladi next, any of you recommend a specific M7 for player use?
I do notice that, from time to time, UT's run out of fuel. It's rare, but they seem to jump to a location, buy something, then try to refuel but they've not left enough space. Not common at all, but does happen. I usually give my freighters enough fuel for 60 jumps, which covers them, so they can jump out and back again without issues. I only tend to use freighters with at least 6,000 cargo, ideally 10,000+ for ST/UT's.

I went with an Argon Cerberus as my first M7. Fairly middle of the road, but it made a decent Player ship for a while. I only bought it because I was quite a way ahead rank-wise with the Argon and I wanted something right away.

I was going to replace it with a Shrike once I gained the Teladi rank required, but I stuck with the Cerberus. Only once I gained a LOT more rank (and other ships) did I finally switch from the Cerberus, and it was to the Argon Flagship "Excalibur" - basically Litcube's Argon One. Dead slow but very tough and with M6 & below docking.

Scoob.

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 09:46

Scoob wrote:
asdx wrote:Well It appears it was the jump fuel being too low, so that's one problem sorted out. I'm rank 7 with the Argon now, so I can buy an M7 finally. Going to rank up with the Teladi next, any of you recommend a specific M7 for player use?
I do notice that, from time to time, UT's run out of fuel. It's rare, but they seem to jump to a location, buy something, then try to refuel but they've not left enough space. Not common at all, but does happen. I usually give my freighters enough fuel for 60 jumps, which covers them, so they can jump out and back again without issues. I only tend to use freighters with at least 6,000 cargo, ideally 10,000+ for ST/UT's.

I went with an Argon Cerberus as my first M7. Fairly middle of the road, but it made a decent Player ship for a while. I only bought it because I was quite a way ahead rank-wise with the Argon and I wanted something right away.

I was going to replace it with a Shrike once I gained the Teladi rank required, but I stuck with the Cerberus. Only once I gained a LOT more rank (and other ships) did I finally switch from the Cerberus, and it was to the Argon Flagship "Excalibur" - basically Litcube's Argon One. Dead slow but very tough and with M6 & below docking.

Scoob.
I'm going with the Tern for now, plan on stocking it with a bunch of Falcon Sentinels later for funsies. Going to have to grind a bunch of combat missions with it tomorrow, should be a lot faster and safer then puttering around in my Quasar trying to swat down P's and L's before blowing twenty minutes trying to swat down a half dozen M's and N's.

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 20:15

Sirrobert wrote:
Freenan wrote:So my SA just startet not selling all my IRE i produce on my SCH´s, they´re just selling one at a time, what makes no sense at all, they got more than enough energycells, there are MORE THAN enough buyers for my IRE and the SCH´s configuration is at max range for selling/buying and the export threshold ist at 0% so they SHOULD sell all of them, it started from one second to another at no reason why... help save my profitssssssssss :lol:
Check that there are still stations buying more than 1 at a time.
It's possible you saturated the market.
Excuse me if this Sounds rude but did u read my Post? I wrote there are more than enough buyers for sure THAT includes more than 1 at a time buyers, checked it myself with the trade product finder so thats really not the Problem, but i saw later my SA selling all of them, and i checked the buyers ALOT Times even when my SA just went of to sell 1 IRE. Thats a little Bit ****** up :lol:

kecin25
x4

Freezes around Xenon fleets

Post by kecin25 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:41

So I have started a new run through the game and now a few min after my save the game keeps freezing. I fly to a sector with a Xenon J, Q, P, and a few smaller crafts of theirs. The game freezes but the sounds keep going and get stuck on a loop. My task manager says the game is not responding. I am about 4 in game days in and about 23 hours of IRL time in the game and I can' get it to stop freezing, Ive tried creating a new export and importing it. I've tried to reinstall the mod but nothing I've tried works. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this issue?

Joubarbe
xr

Re: Freezes around Xenon fleets

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:47

kecin25 wrote:So I have started a new run through the game and now a few min after my save the game keeps freezing. I fly to a sector with a Xenon J, Q, P, and a few smaller crafts of theirs. The game freezes but the sounds keep going and get stuck on a loop. My task manager says the game is not responding. I am about 4 in game days in and about 23 hours of IRL time in the game and I can' get it to stop freezing, Ive tried creating a new export and importing it. I've tried to reinstall the mod but nothing I've tried works. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this issue?
Got any mods installed?

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:50

Besides the Litcube Mod, no I do not

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:58

Please try the following: go to the script editor (console, then S), then to the global tasks menu; highlight Gbl.StockExchange and hit "delete", then confirm. Do the same thing for !shield.stock.terran (or something like that).

It's more an experiment than a fix, but developing Mayhem, I came to the impression than one of these scripts is bugged.

Still, if an E/I is not helping, that's really weird.

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 22:08

Joubarbe wrote:Please try the following: go to the script editor (console, then S), then to the global tasks menu; highlight Gbl.StockExchange and hit "delete", then confirm. Do the same thing for !shield.stock.terran (or something like that).

It's more an experiment than a fix, but developing Mayhem, I came to the impression than one of these scripts is bugged.

Still, if an E/I is not helping, that's really weird.
This seemed to have worked! it was station.shield something but I was able to find it and delete it! thankyou for helping!

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 22:16

Ok so it did not actually work, It just prolonged it. What happened when it froze is a Xenon C was in firing distance of my TL and I'm guessing shot it with some game breaking gun. But also a fleet of Xenon ships appeared, at the same time, consisting of 3 Xenon L, 12 Xenon M, 7 Xenon N. Only way I can give you the numbers is because it froze while I was looking at my sector map

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”