Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 21:01

BlackArchon wrote:
dreamer2008 wrote:What do we have to do to get access to the "epic soundtrack" mentioned in the wiki?

Music always was an important part of the x3 experience, and I've read good things about that soundtrack :)
Jokes aside, Litcube has stated several times before that he won't give anyone access to it because of the ****** weird copyright laws.
But we are just a few fans hanging around on the forums, I don't know if the copyright stuff applies if we get a download link in private...

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 22:31

I have just return to Litcube after some years so silly question.

I liked the oringinal X3 gates, I don't like the rimless ones. I think they look silly.

So how do I use Litcube with the old, original X3AP gates.

Thanks.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 23:35

Ahhhh, the old "your gates are ugly" symptom.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 09:35

With the size of some of the ships, and how busy the gates can be, you kind of need the border-less gates.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 17:16

Tharrg wrote:I have just return to Litcube after some years so silly question.

I liked the oringinal X3 gates, I don't like the rimless ones. I think they look silly.

So how do I use Litcube with the old, original X3AP gates.

Thanks.
The gate structure was removed because of problems with Bounce, IIRC. So you will also have to disable Bounce which you probably don't want.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 17:21

Its just that I have just been rereading Farnhams's legend, the bit where Elena enters the destroyed gate and reads the meassage from the crew of the AP Gunner. I don't see how rimless gates fit with that?
Last edited by Tharrg on Thu, 3. Aug 17, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 17:24

Tharrg wrote:Its just that I have just been rereading Farnhams's legend, the bit where Elena enters the destroyed gate and reaeds the meassage from the crew of the AP Gunner. I don't see how rimless gates fit with that?
It's a mechanics choice, not a lore choice. :roll:
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 22:46

Tharrg wrote:Its just that I have just been rereading Farnhams's legend, the bit where Elena enters the destroyed gate and reads the meassage from the crew of the AP Gunner. I don't see how rimless gates fit with that?
You're going to have a bad time with LU.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 21:51

Ok guess I will just have to make up some head canon to explain the gates. Possibly involving parallel universes.

So a couple of other daft questions.

Why is Gaian Star not a CORE pirate sector? Its surrounded by pirate sectors, got a shipyard and everything...

Why has my Black Hole Sun sector got two Free Argon Trading Stations? I got really confused when I had to deliver 4 EMPC to IT. Should Trading stations not have alpha beta labels like other station types?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 21:54

Greek letters are for Factories only. Trading stations and military outposts are considered as Docks.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 13:49

Started a new game recently. Decided to join the Tokyo Lambda fight in an M3 before upgrading to an M6. Definitely my best kill-steal yet.

It's too bad that the first weapon platform the OCV face is a medium argon rather than the large one. The first fleet+platform is at least able to weaken the first M2 to 0% before having to rely on me to finish the rest (after 17 tries.)

I had also considered buying a TL (I recently sold a drop of 239 boarding pods lying about in Paranid space,) and accept construction contracts in Tokyo Lambda while they're being invaded so that they never win the sector(while profiting.) Of course, vanilla missions really don't make any sense in the first place, with a Terran seeking protection from those who wanted protection money (apparently the Xenon,) and this is just another way of exploiting them.

stisoas

Post by stisoas » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 22:14

Hello.

i wanted to use X-mission reloaded mod . as it's litecub only, i think i will try to use litcube total conversion.

my dilem: tying to keep my actual fleet. i have nearly 300 hours work on it . 3 station and half a dozen of LVL25 Universal trader.

plus my shiny cerberus .

What are the installation tips to play litcube with my actual savegame?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 22:28

Litcube's Universe is incompatible with vanilla savegames. Period.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 23:16

artisauce wrote:Started a new game recently. Decided to join the Tokyo Lambda fight in an M3 before upgrading to an M6. Definitely my best kill-steal yet.
Oh snap!

stisoas

Post by stisoas » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 23:39

OK i understand.

where can i find documentation about new trading howto ? some basic feature arent here anymore. i feel a little bit lost

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 03:07

stisoas wrote:OK i understand.

where can i find documentation about new trading howto ? some basic feature arent here anymore. i feel a little bit lost
"Trading howto" is a bit broad, but I'll throw out some general tips here.

- STs and UTs work mostly like they do in vanilla, but with one major difference: You need "player property" in a sector before the ST/UT will go there. A satellite will do just fine, and the explorer command software has been expanded to allow a scout to fly around and place satellites automatically. Protip: Set autojump to yes, range to 0 and give them at least 80 jumps worth of fuel, otherwise they tend to get stuck and/or fly through hostile sectors in search of e-cells.

- CAG has been replaced by the Station Agent for stations and the Dock Agent for equipment docks (and the PHQ, which you are now able to buy). There's a bit of extra setup but once you got everything set up it's more or less "fire and forget." Protip: If you're setting up a station, make sure to change the import and export thresholds in the station control panel. They control when the assigned station agent will look for resources and sell stuff respectively, and the default values are kinda wonky which has lead to some head scratching. I tend to set things up so that my station agent sell stuff roughly once an hour (export threshold at 10-15% usually works) and set import to about 50%. The import threshold may need some adjustment depending on the type of station.

- CLS has been replaced by Freighters, which carry wares from a specific source, usually a factory or a Saturn Complex Hub (all-in-one self sustained complexes) to a destination, usually an equipment dock or your PHQ, and Couriers, which is basically CLS 1 with a few changes and extra functions. And no, you can't build "traps" with them.

If you got anything more specific in mind, feel free to ask.

PS: Check out the LU Wiki for extra info on the new stuff in LU.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

stisoas

Post by stisoas » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 06:26

thanks

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 09:03

Litcube wrote:You can always drop stations. But that's old news and in vanilla.

One of these days I mighy take a crack at fixing it.
Decided to try speed-running the OCV's destruction again. This time with the M5 start.
And in the latest version, of course. I don't think I can do anything to match the combat intensity of my first speedrun, but that's just the way speed goes sometimes.

A consistent good way to get Argon noteriety is something I'm missing. It's definitely the one thing lacking, anyone got any ideas?

First Speedrun posted here long time ago, Advanced Start (Time: 4:33:32)
First M5 Start Run (Time: 1:40:49)
Second M5 Start Run (Time: 1:24:38 )

Edit: I soon realized that Cattle Ranch M stations are actually pretty ideal. It's still a reputation race (to level 3 instead of 5,) but much less so.

Third M5 Start Run (Time: 48:16)
Fourth M5 Start Run (Time: 32:35)

Noticing a fair bit is actually random:
Spoiler
Show
Whether the derelict ship in Hila's Joy actually spawns
Whether the Supply TL's actually spawns
Whether the Direlect Ship's loot is bad or not
Whether the Patrol Missions spawn enemies near or far
Whether missions spawn at all, or even the right ones
Whether a huge ship will go through the gate at any time and smash me. Luckily it's only ever happened twice. Once here. (LINK)
And ultimately, how quickly the OCV Station is destroyed
It's definitely not meant to be speedrunned, but it's possible it seems.
I'm also don't find these new runs particular "LU"ish. I'm using an exploit from the base game, namely
Spoiler
Show
station bombing.
The original run was about exploits that was in Litcube's mod rather than the base game, using a combination of the Plutarch Tractor Beam Exploit and Station Auctioning exploit, both that vanished in 1.7.0. I guess I ran out of material to use :lol:
Last edited by artisauce on Mon, 7. Aug 17, 02:17, edited 2 times in total.

skieknight
x3ap

bad exe

Post by skieknight » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 13:48

I have searched around for a while can't find a way to fix a bad exe warning when i start game. I have done fresh installs twice. The vanilla game runs fine with warnings. Any ideas on how to fix this?

BlackArchon
xr

Re: bad exe

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 14:34

skieknight wrote:I have searched around for a while can't find a way to fix a bad exe warning when i start game. I have done fresh installs twice. The vanilla game runs fine with warnings. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Open the file addon\t\8379-L044.xml and change the text of id 10001 from "3.0" to "3.2". If the file isn't already there, extract it from LU's cat/dat files.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”