Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 01:25

cmdrdingo wrote: but now i couldnt spend any time with my wife, i had to wait for the OCV to expand, and Zaitsev, he helped me.

Let him stay on the download page.
I mean, I'd probably think the OCV expanding is a bad thing, and unless Litcube decides to fix IS station bombing (or at least make it less overpowered,) they'll always be easy to repel.

By the way Litcube, I thought of some ideas to make it less overpowered.
1. Perhaps add a timer to the stations so they can't be auctioned off right after being used as a station bomb. (Or getting damage in general.) Technically I didn't try auctioning it off yet, so if it's already in ignore this.
2. Snip off those long ironing boards sticking out of OCV stations. At least then I'll have to use Remote Station Drop. :roll:

draeath
x4

Post by draeath » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 02:19

Any chance you can repackage LU with the ASF and MP3 audio transcoded to ogg vorbis?

This is apparently the magic that allows us Linux players to enjoy your work (albiet we have to resort to various shenanigans to work with .exe installers still)

Heck even just providing a flat list of files installed/replaced would be useful (so we don't have to manually find and transcode the files)

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 10:45

draeath wrote:Any chance you can repackage LU with the ASF and MP3 audio transcoded to ogg vorbis?

This is apparently the magic that allows us Linux players to enjoy your work (albiet we have to resort to various shenanigans to work with .exe installers still)

Heck even just providing a flat list of files installed/replaced would be useful (so we don't have to manually find and transcode the files)
Your a Linux user you should be used to the runaround by now (half joking.... haha)

If you install the soundtrack to a seperate directory, outside of the actual game, then use whatever tool you are familiar with to transcode the entire directory in batch, then copy it to GameRoot/soundtrack, that should work.

None of us use Linux for daily gaming, so the best we can do is provide instructions.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

cmdrdingo
xr

Post by cmdrdingo » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 20:57

I had to manually transcode. It was such a PITA that next time i wanted to reinstall I just listen to spotify for the music. They have all the x-series soundtrack anyway.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 13:08

Haha. Decided to give another try at killing the OCV quick. I also had to change the rules a bit too: time now stops (the run concludes) when you view the message where it says that sector Omega has been freed from OCV control. :lol:

Last post with previous attempts.
I posted the preparation (finding the route, etc) for those previous runs here if you're curious.
Spoiler
Show
Around 3:55 is me using remote drop as my weapon of choice, which is way, way better than dropping manually (which has collision detection,) but unfortunately unavailable to NPC TL's.
First: here's what I attempted to do, really really hard. Discovering a new glitch during the first stationless run (highlighted individually below as the Load Glitch) was the reason this wasn't shown in these runs, so here it is.

First M5 Start Stationless Run (Time: 48:03) :headbang:
Second M5 Start Stationless Run (Time: 23:27) :D

Still a reputation race, but now to level 2 instead of 3. :)

LU-specific exploits found:

1. The Third Station Auction Exploit.
Spoiler
Show
The haunting of auctioning stations to ghost continues, but at least now it's quite hard to pull off. I think it might even be frame perfect (though I have a feeling it's actually RNG, like there's a checker that determines which stations are flagged to be removed.)

So remember how you auction stations? You can do it twice in a row. You just have to access the sell menu fast enough again before the station is destroyed. Be really fast. Have your mouse click the "Yes" to auction, have "Enter" be the one to access what station command you want, and another finger on "4" to select "Auction Station." Click, enter, 4.

If litcube makes a hotkey for auctioning selected stations, it might be possible to even do it three times in a row, but then were' just getting silly.

Sure, the first exploit allows you to obtain 100 million per hour when you're on a roll, but this? You could make hundreds of millions fairly quickly (or atleast, so long as you're lucky or practiced.) One downside though, which is fairly obvious: the most expensive station is the player Headquarters, if you already got one, you can't place another. Doubling on 267 million is super cool though, so maybe you can invest in draining out your current headquarters, get rid of all those pesky docked ships and start double selling. The second most expensive is the OTAS Starliner Dock, which is about 100 million. Still not bad.
General Exploits found (though I used the quicksave hotkey, soooo):

1. The Load Glitch
Spoiler
Show
Collision is disabled for some time after loading a save. This goes anywhere from 1-2 seconds.

It sure is handy to use to get in and hide in stations (and potentially huge ships too :wink: .) Otherwise, you're stuck by trying to SETA in animated stations instead (like the OCV's.) [LINK]
2. The Save Glitch.
Spoiler
Show
Evidently, if you save, you warp ahead a little bit, how much depending on your speed. I suppose it's the game trying to catch up, but if the walls are thin and you're just about to hit, you can get through with a save warp. Different than the load glitch because that BOTH warps you (more than the save glitch) and has the disabled collision for a few seocnds.
Edit: Updated last two exploits after some testing.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 12:44

Hey, I've probably asked this a year ago but I'm not going to trawl through eight hundred pages of posts to find it! (Shows how successful this mod is) I've hugely enjoyed playing this mod as it gives me reason to carry on playing past getting a few destroyers. The one thing that bugs me though is the fact that OCV ships can't be capped.

Is there any way that this can be changed, either in the game files or through a mod? Thanks :P

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 12:47

Aidyer wrote:Hey, I've probably asked this a year ago but I'm not going to trawl through eight hundred pages of posts to find it! (Shows how successful this mod is) I've hugely enjoyed playing this mod as it gives me reason to carry on playing past getting a few destroyers. The one thing that bugs me though is the fact that OCV ships can't be capped.

Is there any way that this can be changed, either in the game files or through a mod? Thanks :P
al.Revelation.CreateShip, line 47/48 :

Code: Select all

$Ship-> set bailing disabled on ship: disabled= [TRUE]
$Ship-> set boarding disabled on ship: disabled= [TRUE]
Use the in-game editor or X-Studio to set these to FALSE.

Xe-131
x4

Post by Xe-131 » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 13:12

Joubarbe wrote:al.Revelation.CreateShip, line 47/48 :

Code: Select all

$Ship-> set bailing disabled on ship: disabled= [TRUE]
$Ship-> set boarding disabled on ship: disabled= [TRUE]
Use the in-game editor or X-Studio to set these to FALSE.
Thanks for the quick response. (Same bloke, managed to get locked out of my account by changing to a dead email address and remembered that I made this one a while back)

I did as you said in the script manager, saved it, restarted the game, and when I try to board a capital OCV ship it still says that it cannot be boarded. Is there something else that I might have overlooked?

Thanks!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 14:13

That will only affect newly built ships.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 02:32

Here's one with almost perfect RNG (luck.) OCV Stationless, M5 Start (Time: 18:11)

I think that may be the last one, unless there's still an interest for potentially other categories. Race to a billion CR? Destroy Phanon? Glitch Hunting?

I hope everyone enjoyed these, because load times don't seem to be any shorter when on a SSD for me. Maybe someone with actually good recording skills and good internet may post a higher quality run one day here or on the reddit.

Or maybe there will be a way to do a station eject without the TL's. When near a station, and another station is placed somewhere in same sector, ships that are near stations are ejected away similar to items being ejected close to a station. Thing is, you will need god luck to have both a 10 million sell of Barracuda (got a 9 million sell once, so it isn't unfeasible) AND a close Mammoth TL in Magnatar to purchase Artificial Fertilizer station, and hope the TL is fast enough to get to you before you're done.

Xe-131
x4

Post by Xe-131 » Sun, 20. Aug 17, 21:45

Thanks for the help Joubarbe, I have managed to board a T!

I now have a different problem, the Saturn Complex Hubs no longer work. My old ones are unaffected but when I try to make new ones through the hub menu, I only get a choice of Race, Energy Reservoir and Install. When I change the race, the install option disappears. When I install, the only product available to make are 200MJ shields and no list of the stations that I need to put in. It's been two years since I last used this feature but I think that when I patched LU 1.5.1 to 1.7.2 (a long time) this caused the hubs to stop working.

If anyone has an idea as to why this happened and how to fix it I will be very grateful! I've checked the LU wiki and followed the steps but my menu doesn't look like it does in the images and I have no option to choose the desired product/primary stations.

Xe-131
x4

Post by Xe-131 » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 01:59

Okay, now I've really messed up, and accidentally deleted the old folder to try and reinstall the game to fix this minor bug without realising that I was running a different base code.

Is there a download link for 1.5.1 (Tapir) so I can export/import my save for 1.7.2 (Jerboa)? I can't find one on the wiki, my saves won't load, I'm incredibly stressed and not entirely sober.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 02:01

Ultralight OCV in 18:09

I figured out how trading notoriety works after some testing.

1. Doesn't matter how much you sell/buy, nor what ware (salvage insurance does not give notoriety, however.)
2. There's a 37-40 second timer that restricts how often you can gain notoriety. This goes by play time (which goes faster when in SETA,) not real time.
3. There's a set amount of notoriety that's given depending on what your current notoriety is. From 0 - 50%, it goes to 1 - 0%, 1 - 57%, then 1 - 91%. Those are RANK - PERCENTAGE TO NEXT RANK format.
4. It's completely RNG (luck) based whether the sell/buy you just did would trigger a notoriety increase or not (which makes precise timing of the timer in between difficult.)

So, the strategy to trigger lots of these would be to hold ENTER, and press right-left arrows repeatedly on a ware you can buy and sell, with little delay in between (so there can be a sell/buy,) then undock when you trigger notoriety increase, SETA at 1000% for four seconds, then repeat when you dock again.

Bishop Weyland
x3ap

Post by Bishop Weyland » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 03:47

hey... could anybody tell me where I can find the Terran Player HQ (or a nother Big Terran Station as HQ) to buy ? Terran Military Lizenc is in Terran marines too ? thx for help :)
Weyland Yutani Corp.

Building better Worlds

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 04:47

Bishop Weyland wrote:hey... could anybody tell me where I can find the Terran Player HQ (or a nother Big Terran Station as HQ) to buy ? Terran Military Lizenc is in Terran marines too ? thx for help :)
No such thing in LU, unfortunately.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Sat, 26. Aug 17, 18:21

(Using LU+Mayhem)

Anyone know how to alter the MLCC automatic naming conventions? I assigned a Hydra to MLCC, and it named it "Security Unknown Sector Omega 001" without any Type in there, ideally I'd like to know what type of ship it is.

Cheers!

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 22:31

X3LU: Ultralight OCV (Time: 16:37) :D

Yep, that's it. Unless another route change occurs, I don't think I'll beat this one. That's two gold splits in one run.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 2. Sep 17, 20:47

Is it normal that a ship using the "ship template outfit" command goes off to buy the stuff even if it has all required wares already in the cargohold?

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Sun, 3. Sep 17, 01:35

You're referring to "Supply Command Software > SCS Template Outfit", right?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 3. Sep 17, 15:48

lostProfitssssArrgh wrote:You're referring to "Supply Command Software > SCS Template Outfit", right?
Yup. I want to get a certain amount of resources from a TL into an ADS carrier for field repairs with just one command using a template including those resources. But the TL wants to buy the ore it already has in itself.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”