Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 19:35

Did anyone try to play as a Yaki/Pirate +Teladi and win the game? I'm tempted to try that next playthrough.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 21:05

Szynszyl wrote:Hello im back to LU after play on Mayhem, and i want to know that i can claim sector in this mod?
No, you can't claim sectors in LU without additional mods.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 00:07

BlackArchon wrote:
Szynszyl wrote:Hello im back to LU after play on Mayhem, and i want to know that i can claim sector in this mod?
No, you can't claim sectors in LU without additional mods.
With Saturn Complex Hubs allowing you to cram a billion stations inside one tiny structure, and Plutarch tractor system to move asteroids and combine their yields, there is literally no reason to have a presence in more than a single sector. And even at that, there is no requirement to gain control of the sector or even ask permission from the sector owner to place your production there.

The station limit per sector and lack of complexes in Mayhem, combined with the need to own a sector before placing stations, is one of the brilliant things about it IMO. Without these factors, taking over sectors is kinda meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 05:13

Ok thx :) Next question, if i want to station agent sell all product i must setup export treshold to 0%?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 13:20

Szynszyl wrote:Ok thx :) Next question, if i want to station agent sell all product i must setup export treshold to 0%?
Yes, but then the station agent is just gonna run around like his hair is on fire, especially if your station produce valuable stuff. I tend to set it to something that makes it sell roughly once per hour, which is usually around the 12-14 percent mark.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 16:57

Then export treshold is a minimal amount to sell?

There is any player HQ in this mod?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 21:20

Szynszyl wrote:Then export treshold is a minimal amount to sell?
Sort of. The export threshold indicate how many wares have to be in stock before the assigned station agent will start looking for places to sell said products, given as a percentage of the maximum amount said station can hold.

Say that a station can hold 100 items and you set the export threshold to 20%. Then the station agent will only start looking for places to sell the wares once the station's storage capacity is at least 20% full, which in this case means the station agent will start selling once the station got more than 20 items in stock.

Personally I tend to adjust it so that the station agent will sell roughly once per hour, which usually means setting the export threshold to somewhere between 10 and 15 percent.
Szynszyl wrote:There is any player HQ in this mod?
You can buy it from a certain shipyard, yes. It's fairly expensive and require a high rep, but it's well worth it.
Footnote: You can only have one PHQ at any given time. You can buy multiple ones, but since the game engine was never designed to handle more than one PHQ they will stop working properly if you have more than one at any given time. So no, you can't have different PHQs making different things.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 21. Oct 17, 05:04

Zaitsev wrote:You can buy multiple ones, but since the game engine was never designed to handle more than one PHQ they will stop working properly if you have more than one at any given time. So no, you can't have different PHQs making different things.
You can still buy multiple HQs in LU?

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Sat, 21. Oct 17, 09:32

Litcube wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:You can buy multiple ones, but since the game engine was never designed to handle more than one PHQ they will stop working properly if you have more than one at any given time. So no, you can't have different PHQs making different things.
You can still buy multiple HQs in LU?
Yeah you can. It's pretty good for the third station auction exploit/double station sell glitch. Hold a ton in the cargo, and keep trying over and over until you get double money back :P

Edit: I started doing the advanced start speedrun. It's certainly faster on time! No abandoned ship or required missions. Less dependence on luck.

X3LU Speedrun: Advanced OCV (13:56). Youtube mirror.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 09:54

artisauce wrote:...

Edit: I started doing the advanced start speedrun. It's certainly faster on time! No abandoned ship or required missions. Less dependence on luck.

X3LU Speedrun: Advanced OCV (13:56). Youtube mirror.
I just watched this video. You were using the exploit that the collision detection is disabled for a short while while saving the game to glitch into the OCV station? And the OCV ships are destroying it while trying to target you? Oh wow... this is bad, but also a creative way to do so.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 09:59

BlackArchon wrote:I just watched this video. You were using the exploit that the collision detection is disabled for a short while while saving the game to glitch into the OCV station? And the OCV ships are destroying it while trying to target you? Oh wow... this is bad, but also a creative way to do so.
The tricks are similar to the ones posted here before, just no abandoned ship reclaiming and mission luck for notoriety.

How is it bad? :?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 11:52

artisauce wrote:...
The tricks are similar to the ones posted here before, just no abandoned ship reclaiming and mission luck for notoriety.

How is it bad? :?
It's bad in the meaning of "hard to fix" albeit one has to ask if this really needs fixing. The collision detection issues of X3 during low fps scenarios (which you also encountered when using SETA flying through gates) are engine-related and it is unlikely that Egosoft will fix them. They were there in older X games, too. However, you can mitigate them yourself when using a CPU with high IPC and clock frequency, so that the fps won't drop so low in most occasions. But using the game saving feature to disable the collision detection will remain... or Litcube decides to get rid of salvage insurances. :D

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 12:06

BlackArchon wrote:It's bad in the meaning of "hard to fix" albeit one has to ask if this really needs fixing. The collision detection issues of X3 during low fps scenarios (which you also encountered when using SETA flying through gates) are engine-related and it is unlikely that Egosoft will fix them. They were there in older X games, too. However, you can mitigate them yourself when using a CPU with high IPC and clock frequency, so that the fps won't drop so low in most occasions. But using the game saving feature to disable the collision detection will remain... or Litcube decides to get rid of salvage insurances. :D
There's a none-save glitch way to enter the station, though pulling it off is a feat all on its own. The xenon station has interesting, spinning architecture. (At 44:20).

As for a better CPU... I wish! :lol: . If less collision glitches happened because of a better CPU, perhaps even less missiles and lasers would go inside the station as well, would make it safer.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 12:56

About a software bugfix: I wonder if you could write a script which checks regularly the player's sector. If there is an OCV station in it, it further checks the player ship's coordinates. If they happen to be within the radius of the OCV station, the player is killed.

@Litcube: would this be a feasible idea?

Well I will get an i5 8600K as soon as they get a better availability here, and overclock it to 5 GHz. This will be a nice improvement for me and X3. :)

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 13:05

BlackArchon wrote:About a software bugfix: I wonder if you could write a script which checks regularly the player's sector. If there is an OCV station in it, it further checks the player ship's coordinates. If they happen to be within the radius of the OCV station, the player is killed.

@Litcube: would this be a feasible idea?

Well I will get an i5 8600K as soon as they get a better availability here, and overclock it to 5 GHz. This will be a nice improvement for me and X3. :)
You'd also have to check for station bombing, and after that, asteroid bombing (if that hasn't been totally fixed yet), and after that just OOS quantum jump fighter army blitzkrieg (which can be fixed by just having that station off the center of the sector.)

You can still do a fair amount of damage to the station even without actually going in, too. You just have to be between the armored sections. That can be fixed by just having a new model for the station without them (which arguably can prevent this entirely from the start if you make it really messy inside the borders of the station in that invisible walls are everywhere.)

After that... you'll have to prevent the user from turning off the OCV through the AL menu. :lol:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 14:00

Those glitches are part of the folklore of a game. If all bugs of Doom or Quake are fixed (or Morrowind!), then these games won't be played so much. Speed runs are fun because some weirdos work to find all the "perfect bugs". (or/and they are really good, as in Mario and Mirror's Edge)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 14:03

Joubarbe wrote:Those glitches are part of the folklore of a game. If all bugs of Doom or Quake are fixed (or Morrowind!), then these games won't be played so much. Speed runs are fun because some weirdos work to find all the "perfect bugs". (or/and they are really good, as in Mario and Mirror's Edge)
You've just insulted artisauce. That's it, no bamboo for you today.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 14:09

I love weirdos.

otherwise I won't be playing this mod.

lilbean
x4

Post by lilbean » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 16:44

I hate asking for help as a new poster but I'm kinda stuck with MLCC. I'm a few days into a game and have a bunch of Saturn complexes printing cash and I'm starting to setup some docks with various ships. I have an Argon Equipment Dock with MLCC installed, and a Buzzard M4 docked up with the configuration I'd like to use for a fleet. I copied the configuration to a template for later and assigned the MLCC homebase as a dock.

However, when I activate the global MLCC console and choose Configuration all I see is a section for the "MLCC Missile Rules of Engagement". I'm not able to assign roles and what not to the class. Strangely enough the ship was renamed automatically by the MLCC dock so at least that's working? But I feel like I've missed a step in setting up the command software.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 03:49

From the documentation:

Functionality & Orders

Once you have an MLCC dock with your military ships assigned, you will be able to set various rules for how your fleets are auto managed. There's four main parts:

Intercept
Ship Assist Rules of Engagement
Hangars
Missile Rules of Engagement

In order for the MLCC to have any functionality at all, you'll need to have ships assigned to the MLCC. The assigned ships are intended to be of class M6 or larger. Fighter capability is intended to be in the form of carrier wings, which should be homebased to a carrier, and the carrier, in turn, homebased to the MLCC.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”