Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 12:28

Litcube wrote:Anyone else having these issues? Why aren't they widely reported? Is it because there's only 4 people playing LU?
because improper installation?
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 19:35

@zanosg I never used the "Attack all enemies" command on a capital ship in X3 so I cannot comment how it works in vanilla vs LU but what about the "attack enemy" command, does that seem to work correctly?
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 20:08

memeics wrote:@zanosg I never used the "Attack all enemies" command on a capital ship in X3 so I cannot comment how it works in vanilla vs LU but what about the "attack enemy" command, does that seem to work correctly?
Nope. Even move to or follow seem to place ships out in deep space. They just drift off no matter what command I give them. I have played vanilla for years and thats fine. I never had any ships fly off like that. I guess Ill just uninstall this mod and move onto something else. And people commenting improper installation, oh please. I have installed this mod like 5-6 times so far by following wiki instructions to a t. Each time is a same story.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 21:47

Does the capital ship in question have any other objects (ships, stations, gate etc) nearby? How far is their target? If you get the ship details screen ("u" key) up after ordering the ship to attack, what do you see as the current orders/tasks while it seems to be drifting away from its target?

The ideal scenario is:
- get a capital ship (no main guns, M7 and bigger) at some position in empty space (no other object nearby in about 10km around it)
- order it to attack an enemy ship (that is >10km away) and that is relatively in front of it (so it doesn't have to do wide turns)

If in this scenario it's not moving towards the target then something is definitely broken and it would help to post savegame that reproduces this issue (in the above setup) and full list of mods and installation order.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

metleiche
x3tc

Post by metleiche » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 21:03

Hey Guys!

Im fairly new to the mod and just found out about the Trade Product Search.

But its not working :( :(

Whenever i open it (via console command of my own ship) its only does work for Factories and Docks. When i select anything not-station-y, nothing happens.
The bar with "search for best buy" just doesnt appear.

Only if i click a station something changes, i can chose the race and then there is a "search for best buy" option available. Nothing like that with Ore or Weapons or Shields or anything really, it just gets highlighted and i cant go on from there.

What am i doing wrong? Or if it is a bug, how can i fix it?
Googling didnt turn out anything.

I will try to reinstall it as cleanly as i can since im not very far into the game yet, but maybe someone can tell me what im doing wrong already :p

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 21:18

Bad boy answer: look at the encyclopedia, it tells you what software you need to run a command.

Good boy answer: you must have the Best buys/selling locator softwares.

metleiche
x3tc

Post by metleiche » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 14:35

Ahhh yeah now it works thanks a lot!

Its pretty plausible that the locator software is needed but the encyclopedia only says "Trade Command Software Mk1+2 and Trading System Extension".

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 15:32

metleiche wrote:Ahhh yeah now it works thanks a lot!

Its pretty plausible that the locator software is needed but the encyclopedia only says "Trade Command Software Mk1+2 and Trading System Extension".
You're right indeed... I thought in this rich intellectual world, at least encyclopedias knew the truth... but no.

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 05:36

hello so i have a question I have a couple and I mean like 30 or more SCH operating but I'm at the point where my 100 SCH don't have sufficient ore/silicon in a sector to do it. Example Seizewell total ore 800 but combined silicon 140 only. Is there a way to setup the SCH without the ore or silicon and I can just make a SCH in a different sector solely for ore/silicon and send it to the other SCH as it's secondary resource. I know about the Plutarch tractor beam/jump but that seems unrealistic in my role play game.

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 06:52

ShadowRouge wrote:hello so i have a question I have a couple and I mean like 30 or more SCH operating but I'm at the point where my 100 SCH don't have sufficient ore/silicon in a sector to do it. Example Seizewell total ore 800 but combined silicon 140 only. Is there a way to setup the SCH without the ore or silicon and I can just make a SCH in a different sector solely for ore/silicon and send it to the other SCH as it's secondary resource. I know about the Plutarch tractor beam/jump but that seems unrealistic in my role play game.
I don't think there's a way to do this as you describe it. SCHs as I understand it are just a station with the outputs of the selected product and excess energy cells, so you can't give it any sort of resources to use. Game logic has them not require anything to produce beyond the setup costs, they just produce without consuming.

The Plutarch Tractor System is the easiest way to solve your problem, but I can understand your role play concerns. Maybe someone could offer an acceptable explanation/backstory for how it works for you to use?

EDIT: From the wiki, if you haven't seen it.
The Teladi, well known for manipulating trade sector station and gate arrangements to increase trade profits, have recently assisted in the development of a highly capable device to further the trend. The development was a joint contract, with research assistance from the Plutarch Mining Corporation's research division and NMMC's capable funding capital. Due to maintaining most of the logistics control throughout the duration of the project, Plutarch was able to win the brand name on the technology with surprisingly little negotiation. The Plutarch Tractor System is a technology that allows the ship to instantly jump an entire asteroid to known coordinates. Through calibration of tractor beam technology and small expendable jump drives the tractor system is capable of sending the asteroid to any point in the known Universe. A notable application of the system is a precise amalgamation of two asteroids, essentially combining their yields. The device comes with a cost: huge amounts of quantum tubes, energy cells, and crystals are required to fabricate the large quantity of jumpdrive probes required for the procedure.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 20:31

ShadowRouge, if you don't want to use the Plutarch Tractor System then scout the universe really well, there are a few sectors that have huge concentrations of asteroids, enough to setup multiple of the biggest SCH possible. The fact that you will have your industry spread out (instead of concentrated in a single place after moving asteroids there) will potentially add a bit of challenge to the game, having to defend multiple locations from enemies.
[ external image ]

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 20:41

memeics wrote:Does the capital ship in question have any other objects (ships, stations, gate etc) nearby? How far is their target? If you get the ship details screen ("u" key) up after ordering the ship to attack, what do you see as the current orders/tasks while it seems to be drifting away from its target?

The ideal scenario is:
- get a capital ship (no main guns, M7 and bigger) at some position in empty space (no other object nearby in about 10km around it)
- order it to attack an enemy ship (that is >10km away) and that is relatively in front of it (so it doesn't have to do wide turns)

If in this scenario it's not moving towards the target then something is definitely broken and it would help to post savegame that reproduces this issue (in the above setup) and full list of mods and installation order.
I believe it is just X3's collision avoidance codes. If there is something close to the ship it will try to evade the obstacle. Just get out of the sector, and the big ship will be on its attack run. Jump back in when it is about to engage its target.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 05:36

VincentTH wrote:
memeics wrote:Does the capital ship in question have any other objects (ships, stations, gate etc) nearby? How far is their target? If you get the ship details screen ("u" key) up after ordering the ship to attack, what do you see as the current orders/tasks while it seems to be drifting away from its target?

The ideal scenario is:

I believe it is just X3's collision avoidance codes. If there is something close to the ship it will try to evade the obstacle. Just get out of the sector, and the big ship will be on its attack run. Jump back in when it is about to engage its target.
Its the freaking crates. :evil: When you are in a sector and there are thousands of crates floating around big ships have to avoid them all. This isnt a problem in vanilla because you dont get so many crates dropped.

TrgtMobius
x4

Post by TrgtMobius » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 20:46

zanosg wrote:Ok. So I took some time off away from this mod hoping that it would be fixed but I just started a new game and got my first M2 and the game is still doing the same thing. With my ships anything bigger than M7 just does not want to do what I tell it to do. Attack all enemies command doesnt seem to work. When I tell the ship to attack all enemies it should fly to closest enemy and start killing it. Correct? With my ships anything bigger than M7 just goes off into deep space away from everything. When I first played this Mod, I had this problem but only with very big M2s like Ocelot. Now Im having the same issue with small M2s. This does not help at all when I have to fight OCV as ships simply dont follow my commands.
What controllers do you have connected? The X3 engine has problems with modern controllers with lots of directx buttons. If one of those switches/buttons is toggled on, it can cause exactly this behavior with capital ships. Out of sector, they behave normally; in sector, they fly off in a straight line and ignore commands.

I have a warthog + throttle, and I have to make sure every switch is in the deactivated position else I get this problem. It's a known X3 problem, but it's been "known" for so long that everyone forgets about it.
Litcube's Universe - you should try what is essentially X3.5.

[ external image ]

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 03:32

TrgtMobius wrote:
zanosg wrote:Ok. So I took some time off away from this mod hoping that it would be fixed but I just started a new game and got my first M2 and the game is still doing the same thing. With my ships anything bigger than M7 just does not want to do what I tell it to do. Attack all enemies command doesnt seem to work. When I tell the ship to attack all enemies it should fly to closest enemy and start killing it. Correct? With my ships anything bigger than M7 just goes off into deep space away from everything. When I first played this Mod, I had this problem but only with very big M2s like Ocelot. Now Im having the same issue with small M2s. This does not help at all when I have to fight OCV as ships simply dont follow my commands.
What controllers do you have connected? The X3 engine has problems with modern controllers with lots of directx buttons. If one of those switches/buttons is toggled on, it can cause exactly this behavior with capital ships. Out of sector, they behave normally; in sector, they fly off in a straight line and ignore commands.

I have a warthog + throttle, and I have to make sure every switch is in the deactivated position else I get this problem. It's a known X3 problem, but it's been "known" for so long that everyone forgets about it.
No controller. Just a mouse and keyboard.

And I dont think its the crates either now. It doesnt matter how far the ships are from other objects. And its not just my ships that are doing it. I have Xenon Zs flying 100KM north from north gate. I have 4 small M2s and they are ok most of the time however sometime they just head off after I command them 10 to attack specific ship.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 03:34

VincentTH wrote:

The ideal scenario is:

Im sorry but that isnt sound advice at all. Isnt the whole point is to fight along with your ships? If im out of sector I just might as well let the game play itself.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 03:37

The ideal scenario is:

Here is the save. There are no mods other than LU.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Mon, 27. Nov 17, 18:44

Please please tell me how to get access to the epic beta soundtrack. It will be our little secret, I won't tell and I won't share.

One of the most important aspects of X3 is the music, and every time I read the LU wiki and the music section especially, I dream of listening to it, not only reading about how awesome it is. Is the copyright stuff that bad when it involves a small community such as ours?

Snakespur
x3ap

Litcube's Universe UTs

Post by Snakespur » Tue, 28. Nov 17, 04:47

Hello all, I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I've been having a problem with my UTs and I just don't know how to solve it.

Currently, I have a total of 12 UTs with most of them having a pilot who is lv 14 and above with my highest sitting at 20. All of them have Jump Drives installed and have enough energy to jump to any sector in the known universe. I also have a giant Advanced Satellite network spanning nearly every sector in the game, yet for some reason, my Traders refuse to use their Jump Drives when they trade.

Several times, even my highest level UTs would rather manually fly through 5-6 sectors to reach their destination rather than jump there. Because of this, they sometimes fly through some rather unfriendly sectors (80% of the time it's Gunne's Crusade :(). So far, I haven't lost too many traders in this manner since they are smart enough to jump out of harm's way, but my profit gain is pretty slow because they insist on taking the long route.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm missing some crucial software in my UT fleet that keeps them from making use of their jump drives, or I'm misunderstanding what setting the "Minimum auto jump distance" or whatever it's called means. Most of my ships have the Trading Run Extension installed, but on my last few, I decided not to purchase this software, thinking that it would fix the problem (it hasn't). So, I'm at a loss as to what's wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated!
"I have work for you, perhaps of much profit..."
"I have something to which your skills could be applied..."

[ external image ]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 28. Nov 17, 04:57

When you read the installation guide, you also read this:

Signs of a broken installation of LU

Due to the number of changes LU makes to the base game, deviating from the instructions listed above will often result in a broken install. Signs your install is broken are:
  • There are .pck files in your ...\addon\scripts directory
    Your game lags like hell
    Your ships won't autojump when settings are correct and e-cells present
    Mammoths, everywhere. So many Mammoths that I could not for the life me understand how the sky could contain them all yet be so black.
If you have issues with your new LU installation and notice any of the above, please delete your entire X3AP install folder, re-download X3AP from steam, and carefully follow the install instructions above again before making a bug report on the forum.[/list]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”