Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 01:51

Hey Scoob o/.

The folder I use for X3: AP is separate from Steams libraries as LitCube specifically tells us to. :P

It's even on an isolated drive with my X and X2 games and their respective saves, some several years old and still going strong.

I am considering an Export/Import, but I'm not sure it will fix my 1 hull Point SCH's.

I'm sorta thinking of making my save game available for scrutiny, but I'm not sure it will help much.

The only thing installed besides LU is the Satellite Network thingy I think Joubarbe/Joub Joub made.

Anyways the saves are here, feel free to use em' :p

https://mega.nz/#F%21FfpWnRaS%21gUIkc9Tfbxbif6dy3RrkEA

Much broken, such wow, anyways just copy paste.

Edit: Fixed the link by replacing the ! with their respective percent code. X2-Illuminatus

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 12:37

Royalhealer wrote:I am considering an Export/Import, but I'm not sure it will fix my 1 hull Point SCH's.
Export Import is the first thing you should try when you hit a bug. Think of it as turning your computer off and on again.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 17:19

Royalhealer wrote:Hey Scoob o/.

The folder I use for X3: AP is separate from Steams libraries as LitCube specifically tells us to. :P

It's even on an isolated drive with my X and X2 games and their respective saves, some several years old and still going strong.

I am considering an Export/Import, but I'm not sure it will fix my 1 hull Point SCH's.

I'm sorta thinking of making my save game available for scrutiny, but I'm not sure it will help much.

The only thing installed besides LU is the Satellite Network thingy I think Joubarbe/Joub Joub made.

Anyways the saves are here, feel free to use em' :p

https://mega.nz/#F%21FfpWnRaS%21gUIkc9Tfbxbif6dy3RrkEA

Much broken, such wow, anyways just copy paste.

Edit: Fixed the link by replacing the ! with their respective percent code. X2-Illuminatus
Hey :)

I thought the Satellite thing was built-in now? I have a 1.7.2 build I put together a year ago - also in a separate folder using the no-steam .exe - with the only added component being Marine Repairs. I might just be miss- remembering, like I said I set this up over a year ago and only started playing again recently.

Note: I did update Steam and then use a copy of that as my base install, that's sorta what I meant. However, I understand there's a new X3AP update now, 3.3 vs. 3.2 - my current Litcube Universe game is based on a v3.2 build IIRC.

Export / Import certainly the logical starting point, give it a go. However, restarting can be fun too - it's what I just did :)

Edit: Btw, I've snagged your saves so will check them out when I am able. Which one is your current save?

Scoob.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 17:37

Satellites Monitoring is not part of Litcube.

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 01:29

X07 is the latest, sorry for the late answer, work, life and stuff. :P

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 14:24

Joubarbe wrote:Satellites Monitoring is not part of Litcube.
I must had added it into that old build then. Seems to be working well :)

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 16:31

Has anyone tried the new patch with LU? Any difference?

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 00:42

Litcube wrote:Has anyone tried the new patch with LU? Any difference?
If you mean 1.7.2 then yea that's the one I'm playing, though admittedly, the only thing I noticed was that the colored minerals finally stopped laughing at Tahl. :p

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 09:09

Royalhealer wrote:
If you mean 1.7.2 then yea that's the one I'm playing, though admittedly, the only thing I noticed was that the colored minerals finally stopped laughing at Tahl. :p
He spoke of the new AP patch, 3.3.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 16:56

No, didn't want to rock the boat so LU is running on a separate 3.2 Instance currently.

I can try to test it later if you like, not sure how much time I'll have though. Only just got the power back here - quite heavy snow in this area of the UK - and had to finish off lunch.

Scoob.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 18:34

3.3 seems risky to use right now, since changes to the exe were made. But the upside is that the performance should be a lot better, since projectile performance was improved from what I understand.

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 19:19

Hmm, my clean install with the Import/Export I did is on the 3.3 only change I did was use the recent 3.3 no steam exe. I haven't seen anything strange yet. But will report as I go along.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:24

Can someone advise me regarding an LU feature please?

I'm aware of the changes to Docking, indeed, when running my Boa (TM Class) fighters would teleport dock just fine. Since switching to a Griffon however they dock the vanilla way.

Both ships have Carrier Command Software of course, as well as a Transporter device. The information in the LU Wiki does not really give any additional detail.

Note: with both the Boa and the Griffon they're being used to reclaim bailed ships, so these are not ships home-based at the Carrier. However, they always teleport-dock with the Boa yet not with the Griffon. I dimly recall having the same issue with a Magnetar (teleport dock) and Colossus (vanilla dock) in my prior game.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,

Scoob.

PS @ Royalhealer - nice, hopefully 3.3 will not need any tweaks to LU and will continue to work fine for you. I've not looked at the v3.3 changelist yet.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:37

Scoob, M8's come with a Docking Transporter Extension.

I played it this way to give a benefit to M8s.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 19:55

Litcube wrote:Scoob, M8's come with a Docking Transporter Extension.

I played it this way to give a benefit to M8s.
I is even more confuzzled now. M8's are the Missile Boats, half way between an M3 and a M6 is size. If you mean TM, then cool :)

Note: I have seen Race-owned M1's using the teleport docking thing, so they must be using the "Docking Transport Extension" - I just looked it up, so my understanding is improved...though my credits are soon to drop by near 15 million lol.

Btw: hey, hope you're well Litcube :)

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 20:33

I have a severe fever right now.

TM. I meant TM. :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 20:53

Ah, sorry to hear that - hope you feel better soon. Fevers are not fun. Not at all. Make you confuse ship classes and everything you know.

Look after yourself!

Scoob.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 13:12

Sorry to hear that, Litcube, I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 14:28

@LitCube Get well soon!

@Scoob - BTW I forgot to mention the SCH's all still have only 1 HP after I/E. So strange. :D

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 22:23

Royalhealer wrote:@LitCube Get well soon!

@Scoob - BTW I forgot to mention the SCH's all still have only 1 HP after I/E. So strange. :D
Hmm, I guess the E/I process preserves the health of objects too - I didn't know whether it did or not. A very odd problem for sure.

Could you knock up some sort of repair script to fix the issue?

Scoob.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”