Problem with docking at shipyard X3TC

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Rockettman
xr

Problem with docking at shipyard X3TC

Post by Rockettman » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 17:54

Hi, I have been having a problem with the Boron shipyard in Queen's retribution.

I am trying to tell my hired TL to dock there, but the ship doesn't do anything when I give it the command. So I try to buy an Orca at this shipyard, but the ship computer tells me that there are no docking slots available (no other ships are actually docked). Earlier on in my game I had another hired TL which was docked at the shipyard but refused several commands to undock from this shipyard, and was destroyed when it finally did.

Running vanilla TC. Have tried verifying game files on steam, and have looked in X3 editor at the Tfactories file but I couldn't see any difference between this shipyard and the other shipyards (which work fine).

I don't know how to fix this but if anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 19:55

Does the shipyard or computer actually say there are no docking slots or does it say 'Docking is not permitted at this time'? The latter message to the Player is common enough from Shipyards when there are NPC or other ships already queued to dock there even if they are still a long way away from the station. I assume your race rep is still good enough to dock there and that the hired TLs involved are not owned by a race hostile to the shipyard.

The best thing to do when you have already told a hired TL to dock is then to get your own ship OOS and let the TL dock without any collision avoidance. Being OOS also allows TLs to undock safely too. It even seems to help Player-owned/hired ships to jump the NPC docking queues and find more docking slots than when you are IS. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rockettman
xr

Post by Rockettman » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 20:07

Hi Alan, thanks for your swift reply

The computer says there are no docking slots when I try to buy an orca.

Here is a screenshot I took when OOS
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =252032671

I was thinking of blowing it up and seeing if that fixes the problem. How long would it take to respawn?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 20:37

Hmm, if there are no capitals visibly docked at that shipyard then that message *could* mean that 2 NPC capitals somewhere are already queued to dock there, or that 2 capitals are in the process of being built there, or a combination of one of each. Otherwise the Shipyard *could* be broken for some reason.

Destroying the Shipyard would probably eventually fix such things but would leave wreckage for some days as well as damaging rep without some rep-penalty avoidance exploit. It will then take some more game days to respawn and you would have to be OOS for it to happen I think. It may be quicker to just leave the TL task for a few days and try again later.

Some other players may have further ideas though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rockettman
xr

Post by Rockettman » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 23:01

The hired orca that was destroyed has respawned and now it can dock at the shipyard. Looks like you were right :)

Many thanks for the help :lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”