[X3TC] Problem with Treasure Hunt and other noob questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sataki
x3tc

[X3TC] Problem with Treasure Hunt and other noob questions

Post by sataki » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 08:22

Ohai there,

so, i've been roaming the forum quite a while now, playing X3TC(3.2+bonus pack) vanilla for some 300+ hours.

a few answers elude me though:

when Treasure Hunt was available to me, i saw the book symbol but didn't comm it, thinking i might do that one later.

since then, said station has vanished and is nowhere to be found. i have searched (repeatedly now for a week straight) every surrounding inch and can not find it. yes, this means every inch of every sector up to 3 jumps away.
is it possible i have missed that plot by not activating it in time? this is bugging me the most, i am short of restarting.

other questions (probably repeatedly asked, but i have not found the clarification i seek)

if i were to clear out a sector for my own purposes of any residient, will the engine rebuilt NPC stations in there? are there some rules on how this happens? what if i blocked the spawning point with another station of my own or a satelite?

currently i use a panther for my personal ship, which is loads of fun, but managing fighters are quite a nuisence (currently 20 tenjins)
is there a way to make things easier? they never quite seem to do what i want them to.

if a ship has a CLS pilot(25) will it repair the ship when no active trade orders are given? (for example packing a CLS pilot on a capital ship to give it regenerate?)

i'd like to build neat tidy complexes like NPC weapon complexes etc. but tubes are a nightmare, is there a guide to that? i don't mean just packing them up in a cluster and make them tidy, that is easy enough, but some stations have 2 tube-connections, others have 3, etc.
i have seen pretty much every guide available so far, but found nothing on this matter. (as i said, NPC weapon complex would be the goal)

what is the exact length of a tube (or minimal length) so i can tilt and build them tight enough and pleasing to the eye?

any tips on placing the complex hub? it takes me hours to build even small complexes i am satisfied with. figuring out which factory to connect to which etc. i'd like the hub to be as close as possible to a station, if not even directly touching it.

i have many other questions, but those are the most pressing atm, thank you for your patience.

cheers

PS:
no suggestions for scrips/mods/etc.
i have read up on those but want to keep it vanilla for the moment.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 09:53

is it possible i have missed that plot by not activating it in time?
No, it's not. The offer jumps from station to station after a certain time (a few hours iirc). For the time the offer is displayed, said station is invincible and cannot be destroyed. Check all Pirate sectors around Elena's Fortune. That would be Farnharm's Legend, Bala Gi's Joy, Olmancketslats Treaty, Split Fire, Brennan's Triumph, Danna's Chance, Nopileos Memorial, Hatikvah's Faith.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

sataki
x3tc

Post by sataki » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 10:10

impossible.... i was searching for a week now, hours upon hours

jumping to the first place you mentioned and that elusive teladi was sitting in plain sight in a wheat farm as if he were just waiting for me there.

many thanks!

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 11:05

if you clear a sector of stations they will be rebuild, not necessarily on the same spot.
so you can't really "block" their location.

the Panther is an awesome ship, it's the first M7 I usually buy.
I'ld like to use fighters with good shields, this will prevent much replacing fighters.
Falcon Haulers are great for that job, they are for sale in PTNI HQ.
they are small and have a 200 MJ shield.
if you make wingmen of them you can set a few commands.
I have "attack my target" under "\"
and "defend me" under "]"
you can also make a wing of them.

when building complexes you can connect stations up to 20 km from the hub.
if you have a large complex you don't want to be often in that sector.
spending loads of time to connect the tubes perfectly makes little sense in my opinion.
but I guess everybody gets their fun from different things in the game.
there are a few posts written about the subject.
never tried it myself though.

sataki
x3tc

Post by sataki » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 11:20

thx for the reply :)

yes, i am aware of (some?) of those topics concerning complex building.

deciding on a sector to settle and build a mega complex (and figuring out what it should actually do) is on my to-do list anyway. this one i will manage OOS only.

but i want to build small up-to-10-fact complexes i can sprincle around the universe for extra profits, those should be pleasing to the eye.

'the vault' has a small teladi complex building FFA and GC which looks neat and tidy. something like that i want to build, with different setups to provide a minimum of selfsufficiency or less maintenance that can be accomplished by one or 2 CLS drawing from a mega complex.

building big complexes is not the issue, building small ones that are pleasing to the eye are :)

(currently i lack the means of experimentation as flow of money is low, but eventually i might pick a sector and build a showcase of every fact in there?)

----------------------

as for the panther

yes i tried a couple falcon haulers as well, not sure if i really like them yet. tenjins seem to be ripping quite nicely overall.

the problem i am facing is, if i play around with wings in my panther, more often then not they seem to be blocking each other when launching.
atm i have 2 wings set at 'attack nearest enemy of panther' and 'protect panther' or somesuch, which seems to work ok-ish, at least for lift-off.

(finally capped a hyperion, which i currently fly, noticed that paranids supershipyard is a deathtrap for it unfortunately)

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 15:54

ships blocking each other might come from the amount of ships you have in a wing.
I like to have as many fighters as exit slots on the carrier.
a Panther has two rows of 5 exit slots, so I'ld like to use wings of 10 fighters.
unfortunately the AP Panther can only carry 20 ships. (the TC Panther was nicer in that regard)

I've noticed many times that an entire wing was chasing an M4 or M5 with their HEPT's.
after I changed the weaponry on my Falcon Haulers to Phased Repeater Guns it went much better.
the damage output is lower than with HEPT's, but now at least they hit something.
and although the dmg output is lower, the targets die quicker.
which leaves any wings with HEPT's chasing real targets like M6's and such.

sataki
x3tc

Post by sataki » Sun, 27. Apr 14, 02:41

another question:

so if i kill stations in race owned sectors, they will respawn eventually
what about pirate sectors? (Bala Gi to be exact)

supposedly there should be 7 stations according to universe map, but there are only 2 since quite a long while now.

will stations rebuild there as well? or could i settle there?

(i am currently in the progress of clearing antigone memorial of any rocks, but it is getting tedious after DAYS, any tips to clear those rocks quicker then with guns would be appreciated as well, i elected this place to be my first sector to settle in a bigger way, but bala gi would serve nice as well as a gathering hub)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 27. Apr 14, 02:54

If I were to settle in a sector i would do one of three things...

Find a sector which is owned by a military group that will protect my assets,no matter which race attacked me.

Find an unknown sector with good resources and maybe only one gate.

Wait until I can buy a sector.

sataki
x3tc

Post by sataki » Sun, 27. Apr 14, 04:07

the main idea about bala gi was something like: it is easy to reach via map (2x 'B') and it a tad bit more central then similar sectors

my intentions of bala gi were to place a trade port and EQdeck in there

the EQdeck middle-ish with a TL docked for extra storage, this will serve as a home/reset-base for UT that got stuck to unload their cargo into the dock or TL, so i can more conviniently restart them, it is starting to get bothersome.
one or 2 CAGs there sell off excess wares "manually"

the trade port between jump gates as a 'firebase' that was suggested somewhere in the forum, hosting a bunch of M3/M6 for defense, along with laser towers sprincled around.

the main idea is to have an easier way to restart UTs actually.

other sectors will follow for automated complexes like you suggested

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”