Sector-wide Mineral Scanner Mod?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shdwknght

Sector-wide Mineral Scanner Mod?

Post by shdwknght » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 17:16

I've been looking everywhere for a mod or even some instructions on changing the mineral scanner range myself but there is absolutely nothing out there on the subject.. anyone have any idea? I found some NPC's selling asteroid yields for entire sectors but they are pretty rare and most likely wont be living very long near hostile sectors.

Having played X3AP for about 40 hours so far, I found that scanning asteroids has got to be the worst part about this game and there is no getting away from it for anyone who wants to build any basic economy. It took me a good 45 minutes just to map one sector. It wouldnt be so bad if the autopilot wasnt so horrible with large objects, my ship just keeps turning in circles on itself for 5 minutes trying to get around asteroids that are in the way of my target. I seriously cannot believe no one has modded this yet, considering how many other trivial mods there are out there..

Any help is appreciated!

Vivaporius
x3tc

Post by Vivaporius » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 17:33

I don't know of any mods like that. But I can agree on the tedious nature of scanning a sectors worth of asteroids, especially in the massive sectors. :evil:

I just use Cycrow's Cheat Package, which actually has a sector-wide mineral scan function which I use as a spiffy alternative to the mind-numbingly slow manual scanning I'd have to do instead.

I'm not sure if this cheat package was what you were looking for, but if it helps, all the better then! :D
[ external image ]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yours is just stupid.

shdwknght

Post by shdwknght » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 18:11

Oh this is wonderful! I usually dont like cheating but when it means bypassing some really ugly time consuming mechanics, I'm all for it.

Thanks a lot man!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 19:02

You don't need a script or mod for scanning asteroids. There's even a vanilla command for it: Scan Asteroids (under Navigation Commands). Just get a fast M5 class ship with transport class M (e.g. Teladi Kestrel), equip it with Mineral Scanner and Explorer Command Software and let it Scan Asteroids in a sector OOS. Enable notifcations when the job is done and the only thing you have to do is sending the ship to the next sector.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

shdwknght

Post by shdwknght » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 20:30

X2-Illuminatus wrote:You don't need a script or mod for scanning asteroids. There's even a vanilla command for it: Scan Asteroids (under Navigation Commands). Just get a fast M5 class ship with transport class M (e.g. Teladi Kestrel), equip it with Mineral Scanner and Explorer Command Software and let it Scan Asteroids in a sector OOS. Enable notifcations when the job is done and the only thing you have to do is sending the ship to the next sector.
Ahh..damn I missed that option. I had the software and everything. I looked through most menus and I must've skipped over it.

I think I'd rather do it that way than having a cheat script :D I have to consciously not look at all the available cheats when I look through that menu..

Thanks to both of you guys for bothering to help a noob.

Vivaporius
x3tc

Post by Vivaporius » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 20:36

No problem. I have to commend you on your rigid self-control. Some of us often crumble in the face of the array of cool features we can exploit to get ahead of the dog-eat-dog universe of the game. Well, not really, but it's pretty dang close. :P
[ external image ]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yours is just stupid.

shdwknght

Post by shdwknght » Sat, 26. Apr 14, 08:41

:D I learned my lesson with TES: Skyrim, spawn a few items here and there to cut corners and next thing you know, I dont even need any loot from the game anymore and there goes all the fun. I try to avoid looking at such complex and wonderful games as engines instead of living breathing worlds to get lost into. And X series are among the best for that!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”