[X3:AP] Where do you place your (Terran) HQ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wheem
x4

[X3:AP] Where do you place your (Terran) HQ?

Post by Wheem » Sat, 26. Apr 14, 03:56

I'm curious where you guys prefer to place your personal HQ when playing the Terran Commander start in Albion Prelude.

There's a part of me that wants to put it somewhere in the Sol system, but I'm not sure if any of those sectors are particularly practical. Maybe Oort Cloud would be OK, since there's a jump beacon there in my game, along with a few decent asteroids (and more in nearby sectors, though "nearby" is relative when we're talking about Terran space :P ). I suppose it would cost more energy cells to jump to/from there than it would for many other parts of the map, and I wouldn't be able to use the HUB to redirect a gate to the sector, but it'd certainly be safe from enemy military patrols (and pirates? I haven't spent much time in the region myself).

'Course, I could also put it outside of Terran space altogether. The war is still raging and the Argon hate my guts, but my relations with everyone else are at least nominally positive. Even the Boron still like me, which I found surprising; I ran various missions while traveling through their space, and kept the rank of Queen's Knight even after they declared war on the Terrans.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll start, much less complete, the Shady Business plot in the immediate future, so it's possible that the war will continue for a while. Most of the time, the only Argon ships that I see more than a sector or so away from their space (or Pirate sectors) are trading ships; would "most" of the Commonwealth be safe for my HQ and/or other factories while the war is still going, or is it inevitable that I'll have the Argons come-a-knocking someday? I don't currently own anything larger than an M6, have no stations/factories placed, and funding is minimal, so I won't be able to field - much less supply - a force capable of fighting off major attacks on my initial assets.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sat, 26. Apr 14, 04:47

I usually place it in a core sector of my race where there are a SY, an EQD and a jump beacon. It's in Saturn in my current game.

Please note that if you want to capture the unique TL in the plot without losing all Gonar reputations (then not repairable), you will need to place your PHQ in a sector with a jump beacon. Unless you have your own jump beacon, plan carefully beforehand.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 26. Apr 14, 10:10

Player owned sector :P

Tho admittedly until I get to that point it usually sits at the Moon.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 5. May 14, 16:13

an Equipment Dock is very handy to have in the sector where your HQ is.
in X3;R I placed my HQ in Treasure Chest, which is a very bad idea in X3;AP.
in X3;TC I had my HQ in Interworlds, a sector with an ED. it's also pretty central.

in both games I wondered about the time you would get the HQ, it's basically the last thing you do.
in AP they changed it, so you can enjoy the HQ much earlier.
unfortunately I haven't decided where to place it yet.
PTNI is an option, or Interworlds again.

all ships I use are equiped with jumpdrives, so it doesn't really matter that much.
placing the HQ in a core sector provides extra security.
I like to have the HQ in a nice light system, where you can watch it properly.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 8. May 14, 07:01

This is how you properly use equipment dock.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/792 ... 633C1C561/

Traffic is so high I can't use docking computer on that CPHQ or request docking permission lol I have to wait out autopilot docking.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”