Cant buy corvette

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

acidblue

Cant buy corvette

Post by acidblue » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 19:10

I have enough money to buy a corvette but when i'm in a shipyard the game wont let me buy one :gruebel:
It has a red bar across the name 'Centaur'.
This is for X3 Reunion in Argon Prime.
..and on the eighth day God created Pink Floyd.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Re: Cant buy corvette

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 19:18

acidblue wrote:I have enough money to buy a corvette but when i'm in a shipyard the game wont let me buy one :gruebel:
It has a red bar across the name 'Centaur'.
This is for X3 Reunion in Argon Prime.
Argon don't trust you enough.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 19:30

Do more missions for the Argon, or any race for that matter, to build racial relationships. The better the relationship, the more you can buy from that race.

acidblue

Post by acidblue » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 20:22

Where can I get missions??
Sorry I'm new. :oops:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 20:44

In Reunion and earlier X games you dock at a station and read the BBS boards to find missions.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 20:58

In TC and AP, look for stations with various symbols after the name. A red circle is a combat mission, a white apostrophe is a "think" mission, and yellow "cent" signs are trade. A blue book is a major plot. Be aware that some mission types are buggy, such as looking for smugglers that never spawn.

Check the mission specs before you accept, to be sure you have the proper equipment to do the job. Taking a "taxi" mission without Cargo Life Support for the passenger (or a TP class ship for any "transport" missions) doesn't go well, and scanning for asteroids without a mineral scanner won't work.

Wheem
x4

Post by Wheem » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 20:59

I'm not sure if it's also true for Reunion, but in Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude you can also gain reputation for destroying ships from enemy factions, within the "target" faction's territory. For instance, destroying Xenon, Pirate, or Paranid ships in any Argon sector will raise your reputation with the Argon (at the cost of reputation with whomever's ship you destroyed, of course - excepting the Xenon, they'll hate you no matter what).

acidblue

Post by acidblue » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 21:11

Wheem wrote:I'm not sure if it's also true for Reunion, but in Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude you can also gain reputation for destroying ships from enemy factions, within the "target" faction's territory. For instance, destroying Xenon, Pirate, or Paranid ships in any Argon sector will raise your reputation with the Argon (at the cost of reputation with whomever's ship you destroyed, of course - excepting the Xenon, they'll hate you no matter what).
Yes, thats true in Reunion as well.

Can I get missions from any station??

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 21:21

iirc,each station has BBS boards,but not all messages on them are missions.

Also , very often ,when there are missions,they require more rep etc than you have at the time . :-(

But there are enough to help you progress. :-)

acidblue

Post by acidblue » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 22:25

Thanks for the info everyone, guess Ill shoot some pirates to gain exp.
untill I can get some missions.

I checked pretty much all the stations in Argon prime but no missions. :(

BTW what does iirc mean?, besides 'internet relay chat', I see it a lot in these forums.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 22:34

If I Remember Correctly, it stands for If I Remember Correctly :D

Welcome to the forum!

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 22:36

Not sure if it is the same as TC but when you're making a purchase, on the bottom left it shows your faction reputation and on the bottom right it shows the faction reputation required to buy the item.

acidblue

Post by acidblue » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 22:40

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:If I Remember Correctly, it stands for If I Remember Correctly :D

Welcome to the forum!
LOL, thanks

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 1. May 14, 01:42

oddible wrote:Not sure if it is the same as TC but when you're making a purchase, on the bottom left it shows your faction reputation and on the bottom right it shows the faction reputation required to buy the item.
Raising reputation via buying and selling is IIRC correct for all X games from BTF (X1) to X3 in all its incarnations. It's the slow way however. If you want a Centaur my advice is to stop hanging around in Argon Prime and go to a sector that has more hostile activity. Black Hole Sun has Xenons on a more or less regular basis. Pirates sometimes venture that sector, too. Or try to find Pirate bases in Argon space to camp near them and wait for the prey.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 1. May 14, 01:52

Elena's Fortune is a good spot for small clumps of pirate fighters. IIRC, Ore Belt has a Pirate Station far to the north in the sector.

I believe missions are the fastest way to increase rep. If you aren't up for fighting a fast M5, a Disco will do, with Cargo Life Support (Pirate Base Atreus Clouds) and mineral scanner (any equipment dock) will allow you to perform simple taxi and asteroid scanning missions.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Thu, 1. May 14, 01:53

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
oddible wrote:Not sure if it is the same as TC but when you're making a purchase, on the bottom left it shows your faction reputation and on the bottom right it shows the faction reputation required to buy the item.
Raising reputation via buying and selling is IIRC correct for all X games from BTF (X1) to X3 in all its incarnations. It's the slow way however. If you want a Centaur my advice is to stop hanging around in Argon Prime and go to a sector that has more hostile activity. Black Hole Sun has Xenons on a more or less regular basis. Pirates sometimes venture that sector, too. Or try to find Pirate bases in Argon space to camp near them and wait for the prey.
Perhaps I wasn't very clear on what I was trying to communicate. My comment was about the user interface for purchasing - that when you are buying something, you can see why it is red by comparing your current reputation to the required reputation - both are listed in the bottom left and right of the user interface when you select an item. That's how it works in TC anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”