X3TC - Can't board ship (terran plot)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Symont
x3ap

X3TC - Can't board ship (terran plot)

Post by Symont » Thu, 1. May 14, 17:48

I'm trying to board the cpu ship in aldrin but my scabbard just won't do it! I give the order and received the "command accepted" message. Then the scabbard moves a bit around the cpu ship an eventually stops and does nothing. I give the order again and receive the "command accepted" once again. I look at the property screend and i see that the scabbard is executing the order.... for a minute then goes back to doing nothing

What is going on? :?

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Thu, 1. May 14, 21:20

You don't actually have to do anything in Aldrin. The Terrans will take care of it all - just sit back and watch - or hit your SETA and be done with it.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 1. May 14, 23:06

Well, there is that Advance Jaguar to capture/claim, and all the salvage to collect.

Symont
x3ap

Post by Symont » Fri, 2. May 14, 00:12

oddible wrote:You don't actually have to do anything in Aldrin. The Terrans will take care of it all - just sit back and watch - or hit your SETA and be done with it.
yeah, i figured. Still, i'd like to understand why it doesn't work. I'd like to know before i try boarding another ship...

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 2. May 14, 00:57

In general, the CPU and other big ships used in plots are either not able to be boarded or very difficult to so. There's one that you can board, but then immediately lose control of it and your surviving marines, yet if you just wait and follow it, all you need to do is claim it.

You should have no problems, other than figuring out how best to board, any non-plot ship.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 2. May 14, 10:28

the #deca....

I seem to recall it has to be boarded twice.
I am sure there is a guide to capping it somewhere.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 2. May 14, 11:42

I recall seeing similar dance with the deca as the OP. Not sure why. Maybe it has very large bounding box that baffles the gerbils (more than their usual share).

If similar thing occurs with mundane targets, it is extremely rare. Note: I've always used pods, newer walk.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RayF

Post by RayF » Fri, 2. May 14, 12:49

Board it!!
dont use SETA to have the ship handed to you...

If you board it you will have the chance to board it once again, later after the plot, and take the #deca as a prize.

Symont
x3ap

Post by Symont » Fri, 2. May 14, 16:01

RayF wrote:Board it!!
dont use SETA to have the ship handed to you...

If you board it you will have the chance to board it once again, later after the plot, and take the #deca as a prize.
Nice!

But it doesn't change my problem... i give the command, it is accepted, and after trying to get in position, the scabbard just stops and no marines go!

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 2. May 14, 17:06

Unfortunately, the collision avoidance box on the #deca must be enormous or something, because the TP won't get close enough to launch. You pretty much need to fly the TP yourself and fire the "launch all marines" command, rather than the flakey "board target" option.

Personally, I'd transfer off the best of the marines before sending them, since there are very few Terran marines that can be gotten in the game. Essentially it's just those and the ones you used previously to take the Vidar (note that it too will be given to you without boarding, if it times out).

Symont
x3ap

Post by Symont » Fri, 2. May 14, 20:07

Honved wrote: You pretty much need to fly the TP yourself and fire the "launch all marines" command, rather than the flakey "board target" option.
I'll try that tonight. Thanks.

This is the second ship i ever try to board (Vidar being the first). Does this problem happens a lot or is this an exception?

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 2. May 14, 21:03

Boarding with pods from an M7M works fine. Using a TP or other remote ship to launch marines (spacewalk boarding) is bordering on defunct, but can be done. #deca is probably about the worst case. Vidar may be more typical. Launching them yourself works, but can be a lot more difficult against some targets (they tend to shoot you a lot, and a transport doesn't last long when that happens).

Other players probably have a lot more experience at it; I've taken at most a handful of ships via spacewalking. I'll bring in an M7M if I have any choice in the matter, and save myself a headful of torn hair and damage to my keyboard and monitor.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Fri, 2. May 14, 21:14

Symont wrote:This is the second ship i ever try to board (Vidar being the first). Does this problem happens a lot or is this an exception?
The problem is when you're giving remote commands to a TP, if you are flying the TP then there is less of a problem because of lower collision avoidance.

Or you could do it like this guy, who is flying his fighter, gets the shields down, remotely launches his marines from a TP in the sector but doesn't start the board command yet (they're all just floating in space). Then leads the target ship right past his floating marines and as he does, gives the board command. Obviously not so ideal if your target ship has area weapons.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 3. May 14, 09:12

unfortunately launching the marines are not your only problem nor the biggest:(
The cpu ship is stationary (if i recall correctly). Take control of the TP and manually launch all marines. Use the external cam, go as close as possible..

From here on you will face the second problem: Your marines will keep floating around watching the scenery and relaxing. :lol:

So, you will have to do this couple of times until they decide to start boarding, and when they do you will face the third problem, the boarding it self.

When you manage the marines to start boarding save your game. because its highly probable that they wont succeed. Reload and try again if you are patient.

I havent succeded to capture the cpu ship either, but if i had known that i wouldnt be able to capture it later i would have tried to...

I think this cpu boarding process is bugged. only a handful of people manage to board this...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”