X3TC Tractor beam problems

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

X3TC Tractor beam problems

Post by Cursed Ghost » Fri, 2. May 14, 19:43

hi all

has the tractor beam been removed from TC because i cant fine any evidence of it anywhere in my game its not listed in the encyclopedia i cant find the fabs anywhere.

i tried looking up the fabs location but they only seem to be found in one place third redemption by the north gate but i just checked there and its gone.

RayF

Post by RayF » Fri, 2. May 14, 20:21

tractor beams fabs are indeed rare. I am not sure how far you are in your game, but the answer is no they have not been removed from TC.
However, it is known that the game engine will remove inactive fabs in due time.

The best solution for your problem is to equip a TS ship with a trained CLS pilot. Use the 'generate waypoints' and select tractor beams from lasers. Pick a sector and use a high number of jumps. If there are any fabs out there, waypoints will be added.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 2. May 14, 22:28

Unfortunately, the two tractor beam factories in Third Redemption are the only ones in the entire TC universe, so if they are gone you have to either build your own factory to get them or hope you run into a Paranid freighter carrying one.

As RayF mentioned inactive factories are removed by the game engine, and since tractor beams don't fly off the shelves they tend to disappear pretty quickly once you have scouted the sector. Personally I always buy a tractor beam as soon as I enter the sector just to be on the safe side, even if I don't need it yet.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 3. May 14, 07:47

Didn't one of the patches restore one of the Facts?

If so, you only need to wait around for about 1 in-game day or so.
-- GD

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 3. May 14, 09:08

I believe they will be replaced by the GoD. No matter how long it takes for me to get to Third Redemption, both have always been there when I first arrive. This leads me to believe, and maybe mistakenly, that until the player finds them, the GoD will not remove them.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Sun, 4. May 14, 02:09

Rare but a hope is (if you have access to a TL) finding a station-build mission that's looking for a Tractor Beam factory.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 5. May 14, 06:01

Check Third Redemption if its not there... It probably would be easier to just buy a factory yourself.
Check in-game encyclopedia for which shipyards sell them and just spend a little extra on it. The item itself is worth it if you plan to build anything.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 5. May 14, 17:15

You will need to get your rep up with the Paranid to buy that fab.
If you make it part of a complex you can shut down production of the tractor beams and just sell the intermediate products that will get you your credits back eventually.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 5. May 14, 17:53

If you build your own factory, you can manually order a ship to haul the Tractor Beams to any Equipment Dock and sell an infinite number of them, two at a time. They only ever sell for "Average" price that way, but that's still a reasonable profit. It's not a complete waste of a factory, after you've built 2 or 3 units for your fleet.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 5. May 14, 22:06

Zaitsev wrote:....
As RayF mentioned inactive factories are removed by the game engine, and since tractor beams don't fly off the shelves they tend to disappear pretty quickly once you have scouted the sector....
Tractor beam factories have been exempt from GoD removal since one of the later patches. However, they aren't exempt from enemy attacks, including those by Argon, pirates and Xenon, all of which occasionally frequent that Third Redemption. If the factories are gone, it may take a while for an NPC TL to come and replace them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Wed, 7. May 14, 05:33

Nanook wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:....
As RayF mentioned inactive factories are removed by the game engine, and since tractor beams don't fly off the shelves they tend to disappear pretty quickly once you have scouted the sector....
Tractor beam factories have been exempt from GoD removal since one of the later patches. However, they aren't exempt from enemy attacks, including those by Argon, pirates and Xenon, all of which occasionally frequent that Third Redemption. If the factories are gone, it may take a while for an NPC TL to come and replace them.
Fun little thing on that. Very often if tractor beam forges get blown up in Third Redemption Yaki consistently spam missions to build one of their own. I ran into this enough times to even go as far as saying it may be worth it wait and see if they will offer it.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”