Race Response Fleet

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

topkiddy
x3

Race Response Fleet

Post by topkiddy » Mon, 5. May 14, 14:41

Hi
Having just got into AP the overreaction of the response fleet is killing the enjoyment of the assassination missions as they get there and wipe it clean before I can. I've done some searching to see if a script has been able to calm it but I can't see anything. So does anyone know if there is such a script or would it be easy to create one?
Thanks
Anthony

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 5. May 14, 18:49

Edit:
:lol: I felt ashamed at posting something almost irrelevant :lol:
Last edited by Black_hole_suN on Mon, 5. May 14, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 5. May 14, 19:20

It has never been made clear whether this feature of RRF is intended to make some of the generic missions more challenging.

However, if you do not like it, then RRF Attack Player Only solves the problem by limiting RRF response to the player and his assets only.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 5. May 14, 19:28

DrBullwinkle wrote:RRF Attack Player Only
What?? there is something like this?? I never knew and I have been playing AP for a quite some time now.. :lol:

for OP.. I think this script is what you need..

topkiddy
x3

Post by topkiddy » Mon, 5. May 14, 19:49

DrBullwinkle wrote:It has never been made clear whether this feature of RRF is intended to make some of the generic missions more challenging.

However, if you do not like it, then RRF Attack Player Only solves the problem by limiting RRF response to the player and his assets only.
That's perfect!!! Thanks so much.

topkiddy
x3

Post by topkiddy » Wed, 7. May 14, 21:10

I've tried this now and I'm still getting the response to assassination missions.
I've turned steam auto update off and checked that its looking at the new file and it is so do I need to update anything else?
Thanks.

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Thu, 8. May 14, 13:09

I think the old scripts are still active on the RFF ships in your game.
But I don't know if there is a solution without starting a new game.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 8. May 14, 22:59

A new game should not be necessary. I suspect either a bad installation or police/military interfering with the assassination mission rather than RRF.

The "RRF Player Only" script will help assassination missions, but does not fix all possible challenges in them.

topkiddy
x3

Post by topkiddy » Fri, 9. May 14, 12:50

OK I've now looked through the script and its definitely the updated script as it has the comment to try and attack player only which isn't in the original file.
The response was to an assassination mission where 2 Titan and 2 Colossus jumped in and splatted everything. There was only an enemy M7 and that has been the usual reaction so I guess something is not quite right.

I'm not familiar with the scripting language but I have coded before so if I need to look elsewhere I can.
Thanks in advance.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”