X3AP-- Steam-Friendly Mods?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Monkeyfister
x3ap

X3AP-- Steam-Friendly Mods?

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 14. May 14, 19:22

The mod/program manager by Cycrow(?) refuses to find the X3.exe even when I point it directly at the .exe in my Steam directory, so I just uninstalled it as not usable.

I am looking for BOUNCE for X3AP (my Boa is hellbent on killing itself by ramming me), and the mod that shows where hidden stuff is in AP universe.

I am looking only for those two mods in a format that auto-installs like the official Bonus Pack into my Steam game.

I am not going to risk borking my entire game trying to ham-hand my way through code. I won't touch code on my own.

I really don't care about Steam Achievements (why people do care is beyond me), so having the game marked modified is not even an issue.

Thanks in advance.

And no-- I don't want a page of how-to make that manager thing work. I uninstalled it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 14. May 14, 20:36

Make of copy of your Steam X3TC (with X3AP addon) folder, download the NoSteam exe for X3AP into your copy TC folder and modify only that copied game. No need to worry about Steam or losing your original vanilla version that way.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 14. May 14, 20:52

I'm just looking for point and click versions of the two mods. I do not want to even LOOK at code. I am not a programmer. All I do is break things when I try.

If what I am looking for doesn't exist, it doesn't exist, and I stick with vanilla.

The ES No-Steam exe doesn't work for me either, and that is supposed to be point & click.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 14. May 14, 21:39

The X3AP NoSteam.exe *is* point and click - if you put the NoSteam.exe in the X3TC folder (not in addon) and make sure that your shortcut points to it and not the Steam exe.

If you want perfect insta-mods with absolutely no copying, file positioning or preparation necessary then you may be rather disappointed and will almost certainly lose use of your original vanilla version in the process (and likely use of your saves in a vanilla game - such as perhaps needed for Tech Sp issues).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 14. May 14, 21:45

Vanilla forever then, I guess.

Sure does make me wish for an X3 Series workshop on Steam. That is all I am looking for.

Something that doesn't require 478 IT Certs to make work.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 15. May 14, 09:16

Almost anything related to a forum called 'Scripts and Modding' will have something to do with 'touching code on your own'. I do not think you will find what you search here.

Col. Kurtz
x3ap

Post by Col. Kurtz » Thu, 15. May 14, 14:48

Monkeyfister wrote:Vanilla forever then, I guess.

Sure does make me wish for an X3 Series workshop on Steam. That is all I am looking for.

Something that doesn't require 478 IT Certs to make work.

To drag and drop a file or rename a folder doesn't require an IT cert. It's the same thing you do with files on your desktop. :/ Wish you could MOD X3, it's 100% worth it.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Thu, 15. May 14, 16:35

Litcube's mod has bounce included (among other things). And it's easy to install:

https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... structions

Download the big installer, run the exe. Download the patch, run the exe.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”