MOD/Script Request: The Hub Max Internal Storage Increase more then 5k?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BrianManeke
x4

MOD/Script Request: The Hub Max Internal Storage Increase more then 5k?

Post by BrianManeke » Wed, 21. May 14, 02:08

MOD/Script Request: The Hub Max Internal Storage Increase.

I have gone through the Terran Plot, Final Fury, and Goner. I have built full fledged fleets and two full complexes now. I also have a fully working mining colony on the far south east unknown sector which I have connected the first "The Hub" gate to. I have about nine or so Super Mistrals running custom buy sell ore/silicon and working on Navidium .... when i noticed that "The Hub" has the internal storage of a 3year olds bladder. (5k ore storage max)

How am I supposed to get 450k Ore and 150k Navidium to "The Hub" when the max it carries is 5k?

Can someone please help me here, I have been searching on the forums here for answers and I am not coming up with anything that works.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 21. May 14, 08:46

If I recall right, when transferering Ore/Nividium to the hubs cargo bay, it is 'eaten up', and you get a message of how much you stilll have to deliver.

BrianManeke
x4

Post by BrianManeke » Wed, 21. May 14, 09:57

its not, atleast not by my cargo fleet ships of 9 super mistrals. every 2-4 minutes 1 docks with the hub and is supposed to to 1,840 Ore.

I did the math as follows.

A mistral has max cargo of 15000. With the equipment needed 272 of that 15k is taken.

15000- 272 = 14,728 remaining cargo space.

1x Ore has a volume of 8 cargo units, IE 14,728 / 8 = 1841. Just left the last space open didnt seem important for the purpose of trying to get it setup and moving along. Which It was, I sat in SETA 1000x for about 15-25 minutes when i noticed my freighters were coming back to the mining sector still full of ore!

So I tried to go and do some OOS missions for a bit so on and so forth, then came back and it had not changed. So I went to "The Hub" Docked and looked and the info and there sits ore @ 5k full.

Not sure what to do from there so I tried editing the station using the cheat menu some adding new products "minerals" only and nothing seems to be working. There is no update info on the Briefing report about how much more is needed its like the hub isn't eating the ore im sending it.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Wed, 21. May 14, 14:21

Does your mission description tells you to deliver 450000 Ore?? as in it is highlighted as yellow on the mission description??

you can try this..

Method 1:

connect a gate of the HUB to the sector where you mine ores

Command your traders to "Mine and Trade" ore

set your HUB to buy ore at maximum price

Transfer money to the HUB every now and then

Method 2:

Homebase all your miner to a TL (every miner and the TL should have Transporter device)

Break up a large asteroid until it breaks of into many collectible units

Drop a satellite where you broke the asteroid the order all mining ships to move to that location.

Order all miner to "Collect Rocks" - Miners will dump all the collected rocks to their homebase

Tell a CLS ship to "Load" ore from the TL then "Unload" ore to the HUB

Never enter this sector again until all ores are delivered..

Method 1 is slower but very simple to set up..

Method 2 is faster the but the time it takes time to prepare all Miners/CLS Traders

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Wed, 21. May 14, 18:34

... if U want to increase the maximum storage capacity of the xenon hub, U have to modify the file "types\Globals" (in the .cat/.dat-files)

--> find the entry "SG_HUB_STORAGE_FACTOR;6; // Terraformer Hub Storage Multiplier"
--> increase the number "6" to (e.g.) "9" (afaik the highest number possible is "12")

... another interesting thing is to increase the maximum capacity of player owned equipment docks ;)
--> SG_DOCK_STORAGE_FACTOR;3; // Normal Docks Storage Multiplier

ps: ... the same file is responsible 4:
--> scanner range of satellites SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SATELLITE
--> scanner range of adv. satellites SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SATELLITE2
--> energy used for gate realignment (xenon hub) SG_GATE_REALIGNMENT_ENERGY
--> communication range SG_MAX_DISTANCE_COMM
--> etc ... ;)

(distances are in so-called "game units": 1 game unit = 0,002 metres or 500 game units = 1m)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

BrianManeke
x4

Post by BrianManeke » Thu, 22. May 14, 06:48

Thanks guys, Ill have to investigate further.

I do appreciate your assistance.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”