Severe Mouse Pointer Lag in X3TC

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Skeet1983
x3tc

Severe Mouse Pointer Lag in X3TC

Post by Skeet1983 » Thu, 22. May 14, 06:16

I have the Standard Version of X3TC on DVD/Retail Disc and am having severe mouse pointer lag on menu screen when starting game and even in-game pointer movement. I have tried disabling V-Sync, increased sensitivity, even forced game to use 1 Graphics Card (I have 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 870Ms in SLI on my laptop). Anyone know a fix for this? I am also running Windows 8.1 64-bit. Thoughts appreciated :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 22. May 14, 12:59

There have been a few posts on this issue in the past - though only a few user systems actually see this problem. There was no real solution available either in the game or Windows settings, but a solution was usually found by changing settings in the mouse driver - if it gives the options for setting sensitivity and travel. Some people ended up buying a programmable/better mouse just to get those options in the mouse driver but that is obviously not a desirable solution.

Put 'X3TC mouse sensitivity' into the top line of this for thread history. (A very useful Google search tool for these forums.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Skeet1983
x3tc

Post by Skeet1983 » Thu, 22. May 14, 13:15

I used the Google search thing, but couldn't find a solution. Is there anything I can do or can contact game company about problem?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 22. May 14, 13:25

Well Egosoft cannot really help in this case. There are no mouse sensitivity settings in the game (apart from changing screen resolutions) and *most* users don't have a serious mouse lag issue. That implies that not all mouse drivers are the same and that just some do not cope well with X games. You could try finding and downloading updated or other suitable generic mouse drivers from the internet and see if that helps at all. Maybe borrow a friend's mouse and see if it is any different.

One hint, I found that using a USB-PS/2 adapter and plugging the mouse into the case PS/2 socket was far superior in-game to using the USB socket - if you have that option and a PS/2 mouse driver.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”