Good Weapons for capping fragile Bayamons?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

beefsteaks
x2

Good Weapons for capping fragile Bayamons?

Post by beefsteaks » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 19:18

I was using the PAC weapons but they were fairly weak, so when I capped a Pirate Ship with a BHEPT on board I used the freigh beamer to whip it over to my Nova.....hmmmm then I went up against four Bayamons and wiped them out with a couple of hits from my ID/BHEPT combo....

Bayamons are very fragile!!

Can someone tell me a good weapon which is more powerful than the purple PAC weapons which suck, but not quite as damaging as the HEPTS.

The HEPT kills a Bayamon in a couple of strikes, which sucks for capping!

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 19:21

There aren't any. AHEPTs and GPACs are good in between weapons though.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Aekhiv
x3

Post by Aekhiv » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 19:22

Go for IonD + Alpha IRE

You'll have a better chance of capturing.

True, the IRE sucks in damage, but that is what you need for capturing, besides, the Bayamon is very fragile, so it won't take too long before you hit the 87%.

beefsteaks
x2

Post by beefsteaks » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 19:28

Which weapon class is weakest, Alpha, Beta or Gamma?

I will try the IRE I guess, Bayamons are like paper to a HEPT!

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 19:34

Alpha is weakest.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 20:31

Use a mass driver in conjunction with an Ion D. Mostly use the Ion D, but nick the hull occasionally with the MD. And yes, it still works in 1.3, although it's slower. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 03:29

I needed just 1 baymon to play with, so i took him by using just bhepts, 2 aimed shots (or 1? i dont remember) to damage him from full shield and hull to aprox 75% hull, then ID till he bailed...

Sesshomaru
x2

Post by Sesshomaru » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 03:36

I just Ion D in my Bayamon till theres no shields, then 4 pulses from an Alpha PSG at about 800m should do the trick...

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 04:09

I keep 4 each of Ion D's, Beta IRE's & Gamma PAC's on board my Iguana and alter the loadout on each hardpoint to suit the encounter, and the amount of patience I have at the time.

I really would give the Iguana a go, it's insanely fast & the extra forward facing gun mount makes a difference when you want to use the lower calibre weaponry (and if it turns nasty 3 Gamma PAC's can do a reasonable amount of damage). Try it, if you don't like it you can always strip the weapons out & use it as a freighter.

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 04:23

Nanook is darn right!
I pulled all my hair out until i discovered that. now, i use for capping: Barracuda (pretty fast, agile and strong enough, you need some protection against occasional ramming and lasers). For weapons i USED to have 2xBHEPT and one Alpha PAC. If against bayamon->shoot with only one BHEPT, carefully, when shield is down, switch to Ion and the PAC. Had very good results(wait till his shields recharge and repeat). Later discovered (on the Nova) a strange thing: i stripped the Pirate's shields, and they fly by out of my FOV. suddenly, hey, they bail! Wth? That used to happen again and again. Then i discovered i had the Mass Driver in the back turret! She pelted the guy with some hits and he bailed.
Now i tried the ION+Mass Driver combo, and it works like a charm!!
Too bad i cannot fit the Mass Driver on my Barracuda :(
Remember: mass driver: only 12 damage to hull! Thats lower than any IRE or PAC, and the refire rate is fantastic. Try!
Chazz.

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 04:58

Confirm that nanook has the most sound advice here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”