[MOD] TAF! v1.2 (12 Dec. 2015)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LEGACYMAN
x4

How To Buy A Trade Agent In Game.

Post by LEGACYMAN » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 03:16

Please post where to find the agent. so fat I do not see a trade agent in any trade menu.

I do not see how to or where to look for the agent in what menu or where to find them
Thomas Anderson III

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 08:53

A Trade Agent isn't a specific person, it is what we can ask a permant station resident to become. E.g. NPCs that buy the wares the Skunk can carry, license dealers, weapon sellers and non-hireable NPCs assigned to the station. Convo them from space and you should see an option to ask them to work as a Trade Agent for you.

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 01:26

Is this error related to your mod??

Code: Select all

[General] ======================================
[General] *** Context:md.Trade.TradeMenus<inst:6e9c4>: entering gTrade_transaction
[=ERROR=] Widget system error. Dimensions for button are too small. Button elements will overlap eachother. Dimensions are: width(182 px) height(21 px) - minimum dimensions for this button is 23 px
[=ERROR=] Widget system error. Dimensions for button are too small. Button elements will overlap eachother. Dimensions are: width(182 px) height(21 px) - minimum dimensions for this button is 23 px
[General] *** Context:md.Trade.TradeMenus<inst:7012c>: entering gTrade_transaction
V2.50

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 13:46

Small update to support the new NPC from 2.5 :)

JimmiG
x3

Post by JimmiG » Thu, 20. Nov 14, 14:33

One of the "essential" mods in my opinion. Without it, building up a large trade network would just be too tedious.

The cost of 80,000 is perfect too. It's expensive enough to force you to play the mini-game in the beginning, but cheap enough to not matter as you progress.

Egosoft should really add this into the game. I can't understand how they think playing the same mini-game with the same lines of dialog hundreds or even thousands of times constitutes great gameplay.

solntcev
x4

Post by solntcev » Sat, 6. Dec 14, 11:04

Great mod, thank you.
Can't play without it now, hate walking on stations and waiting for smalltalk.

_Skywalker_

Post by _Skywalker_ » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 18:57

Any chance we might see this mod on Nexus?
May the force be with you

Cloth Ears
x3tc

Post by Cloth Ears » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 19:00

Is this compatible with 3.20? The Change Notes on the Steam workshop mention 2.5 only.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 19:11

At the following awesome mod compatability thread, it was most recently reported as compatible with 3.50 b1 so it should be fine.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370788

Cloth Ears
x3tc

Post by Cloth Ears » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 19:29

Thanks for that Sparky :-)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 19:54

You're welcome!

Waervyn
x3tc

Post by Waervyn » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 11:38

I guess it's a bit of a stupid question, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly this mod does.

If I hire a trade-agent, would I still need to scan the entire station for offers, and those offers get updated with specific discounts every so often?

Or if I plant a trade-agent in each station, I don't even need to scan the stations?

Thanks!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 11:47

Don't feel bad...stations are more complex in Rebirth!

In a nutshell, Trade Agents give you real-time info on the station's Buy and Sell orders via your Trade Window. The prices in question will be related to your standings with the owner faction/corporation.

Whereas scanning modules of a station (i-points) gives info on the modules themselves. Such as on storage or production status. Related to scanning is the possibility of gaining temporary offers that can occur when we fly near stations. They work alongside the impact of standings on prices and we can't get these temporary offers remotely via Trade Agents.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 22:53

New beta broke this, has the 'where can i find you' option instead. Pity, as the plot course button is accessible from the previous menu.

Can be fixed by replacing 'right' with 'left' or 'bottom_left' in each file except TAF.xml.

this

<add_player_choice_sub position="right" text="{1002,12220}..."
should be

<add_player_choice_sub position="left" text="{1002,12220}..."
Hope the Real one is still around for a quick update :)

The menu is full for ship traders unfortunately, so no sense in changing those files any more like this. Damn this ui lol.

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 18:03

Small compatibility update for 4.0, enjoy !

Thanks you all for having reported me the problem ! :)

And sorry for the late, I don't play Rebirth anymore, I've been too disappointed by Egosoft this time (Trust me I did my best to keep playing it)

Anyway, I will be there for their next game, and I will also be there if any update is required (for this mod in particular, as I know how it's boring without it)

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 18:31

Love you dude. How sad I was when I explored new systems and cannot hire trade agent... Thank you !

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 19:02

Thank you :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 20:20

Hi,

There appears to be an issue with the Workshop - I get a "Failed to update extension" message when re-enabling this mod.

I've recently decided to re-enable several mods, now the Beta of 4.0 and the HoL DLC is done. Manually added mods appear to be fine, though a couple got overwritten by older versions thanks to Steam - however, they're ok now.

TAF! is still showing in RED and cannot update though. Note: the description shown in-game is the new v1.2 one, yet no other files other than the content.xml appear to have been downloaded by Steam. Add to that, I don't have a "taf" folder, rather the aforementioned content.xml is in a folder called "ws_262382979".

Steam has been VERY quirky for me this evening, however, is there possibly an issue with the upload of v1.2?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Captain Zorg
x3tc

Can you add this mod as a separate download instead of just for steam?

Post by Captain Zorg » Sun, 6. Mar 16, 09:37

Is it possible for you to add this mod into this forum or onto Nexus please instead of just steam workshop?

I keep subscribing onto it on Steam, but it doesn't show up in my mods folder. So I'd like to download and install it manually.

digimatik
x3tc

Re: Can you add this mod as a separate download instead of just for steam?

Post by digimatik » Sun, 6. Mar 16, 20:52

Captain Zorg wrote:Is it possible for you to add this mod into this forum or onto Nexus please instead of just steam workshop?

I keep subscribing onto it on Steam, but it doesn't show up in my mods folder. So I'd like to download and install it manually.
2nd this, pls put it on nexus

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”