[MOD] TAF! v1.2 (12 Dec. 2015)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 18:31

Love you dude. How sad I was when I explored new systems and cannot hire trade agent... Thank you !

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 19:02

Thank you :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 20:20

Hi,

There appears to be an issue with the Workshop - I get a "Failed to update extension" message when re-enabling this mod.

I've recently decided to re-enable several mods, now the Beta of 4.0 and the HoL DLC is done. Manually added mods appear to be fine, though a couple got overwritten by older versions thanks to Steam - however, they're ok now.

TAF! is still showing in RED and cannot update though. Note: the description shown in-game is the new v1.2 one, yet no other files other than the content.xml appear to have been downloaded by Steam. Add to that, I don't have a "taf" folder, rather the aforementioned content.xml is in a folder called "ws_262382979".

Steam has been VERY quirky for me this evening, however, is there possibly an issue with the upload of v1.2?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Captain Zorg
x3tc

Can you add this mod as a separate download instead of just for steam?

Post by Captain Zorg » Sun, 6. Mar 16, 09:37

Is it possible for you to add this mod into this forum or onto Nexus please instead of just steam workshop?

I keep subscribing onto it on Steam, but it doesn't show up in my mods folder. So I'd like to download and install it manually.

digimatik
x3tc

Re: Can you add this mod as a separate download instead of just for steam?

Post by digimatik » Sun, 6. Mar 16, 20:52

Captain Zorg wrote:Is it possible for you to add this mod into this forum or onto Nexus please instead of just steam workshop?

I keep subscribing onto it on Steam, but it doesn't show up in my mods folder. So I'd like to download and install it manually.
2nd this, pls put it on nexus

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 6. Mar 16, 22:40

Until this gets updated there are 2 new mods similar in function (sounds like a bit less hassle, but haven't tried them yet):
Auto Trade Agents
Fly-by Subscribe

Captain Zorg
x3tc

Post by Captain Zorg » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 12:32

The problem is that those links you've posted take me straight to steam workshop. So basically this doesn't answer my question because it means that I will still have to subscribe onto the mod within Steam's workshop.

What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 12:44

Captain Zorg wrote: What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.
Just because it isn't complicated doesn't mean it may not be time-consuming for the mod author, or even something the author may want to do.

Instead of appearing to ask someone else to do work so you don't have to, how about subscribing to a Steam Workshop version of one of those mods, downloading it, copying the folder from your Extension directory, and unsubscribing? Then you have the downloaded folder that you can put straight back into the Extension directory without waiting any longer.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 12:46

@Captain Zorg: That was a generic stement, not a reply to you.

DonaldDuckVergeben

Post by DonaldDuckVergeben » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 16:50

Can you upload the mod to dropbox or any other filehoster, please?

Captain Zorg
x3tc

Post by Captain Zorg » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 00:03

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Captain Zorg wrote: What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.
Just because it isn't complicated doesn't mean it may not be time-consuming for the mod author, or even something the author may want to do.

Instead of appearing to ask someone else to do work so you don't have to, how about subscribing to a Steam Workshop version of one of those mods, downloading it, copying the folder from your Extension directory, and unsubscribing? Then you have the downloaded folder that you can put straight back into the Extension directory without waiting any longer.
Appearing to ask someone else to do work? Seriously? I mean I know you are a moderator, but implying something that isn't correct isn't fair on me. Especially when I haven't broken any rules, nor am requesting something that cannot be done; that others would also like to see happen. I am within my own rights to post this right?

So FYI, I'm not asking anyone to do the work. I am simply requesting to those charitable enough on the thread who have the mod files to find some way of making the mod available somewhere else asides from Steam Workshop, so that we who would like to manually install it can do so. I'm not the only one asking for this as I'm sure you are aware. Besides, I've already tried subscribing and unsubscribing on Steam's workshop and I still don't get the files. So please don't assume that I haven't already tried your method.

Also FYI, if I had the mod and someone asked me to upload it, then I would. Not because it's not complicated (because seriously it isn't that complicated since all I'd need are the files that make up the mod, so I can zip them up to be upload onto sites such as Nexus or Mega. Also, it doesn't need to be the creator that needs to do this. If there is anyone with the files, then their assistance would be most appreciated.), but because I like to try and help out other users of the game. Besides, it would take 5 to 10 minutes tops to upload the files, depending on the zip size and internet speed. I do it all the time on the other forums.

So I can't understand how you've come about with the wrong perception of my post is beyond me. Haven't I already clearly stated that I wish to download it manually because I am having trouble with Steam. Haven't I already made this clear on my previous posts?
pref wrote:@Captain Zorg: That was a generic stement, not a reply to you.
I know, it's just that you did add links to your comment. So I assumed that you wanted me to click on those.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 00:49

This forum isn't part of the "DevNet" relating to the moderator tag although that isn't especially easy to interpret whilst within a particular forum.**
Captain Zorg wrote: Haven't I already clearly stated that I wish to download it manually because I am having trouble with Steam. Haven't I already made this clear on my previous posts?
You have now*, thank you, and I apologise for misunderstanding. I had thought you were reporting a TAF-specific issue.

*Edit 1: (to me; others may have understood already)

**Edit 2: my moderator tag has changed now but at the time of posting, I was not a moderator in this forum and I was not replying as one.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Wed, 9. Mar 16, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 00:54

Captain Zorg wrote:...
Also FYI, if I had the mod and someone asked me to upload it, then I would. ....
And you'd then probably be in the wrong. The creators of mods own those mods from a copyright standpoint, and without explicit permission, others are not entitled to distribute them. Be warned, breaking copyright laws is against forum rules.

And FYI, Sparky wasn't posting in an official capacity when he responded to you. He was responding as a fellow gamer and forum member. Also FYI, moderators on these forums are all volunteers, not Egosoft employees.

And a final FYI (since you like the term so much :wink: ), I am responding in an official capacity.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 06:25

Captain Zorg wrote:The problem is that those links you've posted take me straight to steam workshop. So basically this doesn't answer my question because it means that I will still have to subscribe onto the mod within Steam's workshop.

What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.
If you own the game in Steam, the subscribed workshop items should download. Make sure you check in game's main menu under workshop that downloading is enabled.

Captain Zorg
x3tc

Post by Captain Zorg » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 08:45

Nanook wrote:
Captain Zorg wrote:...
Also FYI, if I had the mod and someone asked me to upload it, then I would. ....
And you'd then probably be in the wrong. The creators of mods own those mods from a copyright standpoint, and without explicit permission, others are not entitled to distribute them. Be warned, breaking copyright laws is against forum rules.

And FYI, Sparky wasn't posting in an official capacity when he responded to you. He was responding as a fellow gamer and forum member. Also FYI, moderators on these forums are all volunteers, not Egosoft employees.

And a final FYI (since you like the term so much :wink: ), I am responding in an official capacity.

OK, if you wish to act in a condescending attitude towards me through repeatedly mentioning the term FYI, then go ahead since you are officially in the capacity to do so. :wink: Even though what you are doing is patronizing superiority and in a sense bullying. :( Something which Sparky hardly showed in his replies towards my comments. Sparky is the bigger person here whether official or not since he appologised/showed consideration for misunderstanding my request which I accept. :)

Now let us address my reply to your comment.....

How can someone break copyright rules if they ask the person or persons who made the mod or have permission to upload the mod since that's all my previous posts have been trying to convey to begin with? I am only requesting that the TAF mod files be made accessible as a manual download other than that currently available on steam. It doesn't matter where those mod files are placed, whether it's on other sites like Nexus, Mega etc. I just want to download the files and play the game.

Also, I really don't understand why this simple request I made through one post has all of a sudden become such a big problem. Why you are even implying that I will break copyright rules is beyond me since neither my posts have mentioned or stated that I will do so once I have the mod files.

It's not even my intention nor do I have permission to do so when the creators haven't even replied to my posts. So it is just common sense whether in the rules or not that no one should post or amend any mod files that were created by others unless they have permission. So when I stated that I do post mod files on other forums, what I meant was mod files that I have created or have permission to post. Only a noob/idiot would go on a forum and post mod files created by others without any sort of permission or credit given. Sadly for you, I am not a noob when it comes to knowing the rules.

Look Nanook, I don't think you remember me but you and I in the past used to help each other out. I still have our old messages where we used to talk about X3. So I know that you do not mean to intentionally offend or misunderstand me in anyway. All I am requesting for is for those mod files to be made available as a manual download so that I can download and play the game. I am backed up by a few people on this forum who have seconded my request for the manual download of the mod files.

So my question to you and the creators/persons involved with the mod files creation, is it OK for those mod files to be made available as a manual download on this forum or any other site so that I or other users having problems with steam workshop may download the files? I have version 4.00 of X rebirth so the current version should work well with my game. If the request is denied, then I will withdraw it and accept that I will never be able to play this mod.
Assailer wrote:
Captain Zorg wrote:The problem is that those links you've posted take me straight to steam workshop. So basically this doesn't answer my question because it means that I will still have to subscribe onto the mod within Steam's workshop.

If you own the game in Steam, the subscribed workshop items should download. Make sure you check in game's main menu under workshop that downloading is enabled.
I do own the game, but as I've said before. I cannot find or see the game files when I subscribe to them via the steam workshop. I've looked in the appropriate places and cannot find anything. Hence why I am asking for the files to be made available as a manual download.

Captain Zorg
x3tc

Post by Captain Zorg » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 09:56

UPDATE

I've located the subscribed file now that I got from Steam's Workshop. I really don't want any further arguments brought up from this topic, so I'm now withdrawing my request for the manual download.

Thank you to the moderators for allowing me to post on this thread.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 10:35

Scoob wrote:TAF! is still showing in RED and cannot update though. Note: the description shown in-game is the new v1.2 one, yet no other files other than the content.xml appear to have been downloaded by Steam. Add to that, I don't have a "taf" folder, rather the aforementioned content.xml is in a folder called "ws_262382979".
Only time I've seen this is when I have a copy of the mod, or something else with the same ID, in my extensions folder and the mod downloads for some reason (update or something like that). Gets sorted out by unsubscribing, deleting all copies of it in the extensions folder including the ws_{somelongnumber} folder and whatever else might look like you didn't put it there, then resubscribing.

Come to think of it, I think the unsubscribe -> resubscribe steps might be unnecessary.

It seems that the mechanism for downloading from the workshop matches IDs and version numbers. If something doesn't make sense to it (for example, if there's something with the same ID but a higher version number than what it expects), it kinda freaks out and makes copies.

sasho

Post by sasho » Sat, 7. May 16, 14:51

do you mind uploading in on nexus mods as well?

emk2z
x4

Post by emk2z » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 10:11

Hi I'll be seen like necroing this thread... But Is there anyone who can supply the mod to me via PM or any other way.... I own the gog version of the game so steam workshop is a no go. Also I'd hope the mod author is still around and maybe he can upload his mod to nexus too.

Kind regards,

Edit.. I managed to figure a way to get the mod from steam. It appears there was a userscript to download mods using tampermonkey etc. Also there was a tool to extract DAT files
http://www.egosoft.com/X2/FORUM/viewtop ... highlight=

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 19:16

First of all thanks for a very useful mod.

I am having a problem with buying the trade software mkIII or even selling the mkII. When I try the game seems to crash, although it's not a total freeze it stills makes it impossible to continue without quitting.

I am posting here just in the off chance that this mod might be causing the crash. I don't have many mods installed and I thought if the crash is indeed caused by a mod it could be this one.

Is anybody using this mod having the same issue?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”