Where to get Phantom missiles?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Symont
x3ap

Where to get Phantom missiles?

Post by Symont » Tue, 27. May 14, 04:29

I just can find any of these! I would like to equip my m8 with a couple of these but nobody has any to sell. I get it that these are specialty and not used by many ships, but someone has to have some!

Anyone knows a place that usually have a couple left? Thanks

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 27. May 14, 04:42

Phantom Missiles Here

The best way to hunt down items is to get a reasonably high level CLS pilot and use the Generate Waypoint feature in Commodity Logistics. You can specify to gather up to a specific amount for whatever price, it will automatically create waypoints for whatever you're looking for and will go fetch them. Check back in a bit and they will be on standby with your freight all ready.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 27. May 14, 11:08

Problem is that the Missile Fabs are often the first that are eliminated by GOD. And they won't come back, normally (speaking about X3TC, don't know about AP).
Therefore it is advisable to send your own M5 docking at those precious Terran weapon and missile fabs. This will prevent GOD from 'killing' those stations.
But there is a persisting other risk: The Pirates in the outer Terran sectors can eliminate stations, too.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 27. May 14, 17:16

You're given a light Terran scout ship at one point early in the Terran plotline, and a patrol group of three more M5s later. You also have a chance to claim a few "broken" Xenon and Terraformer M5s. All of these can be used as soon as possible to "hold" critical Terran stations, to keep the game from removing them. Eventually, you'll be able to field a few Sector Traders or "Local" Traders to keep the Terran economy going, but those M5s should do in the mean time.

Symont
x3ap

Post by Symont » Thu, 29. May 14, 02:10

I checked and there is NO phantom factories AT ALL in all of the Terran sectors... Does building a factory myself is a good idea or should i sell my claymore and buy another M8 (one that uses Tomahawk missiles)?

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Thu, 29. May 14, 03:43

Sell the M8 and get a commonwealth ship.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Thu, 29. May 14, 12:35

When I acquired enough credits in my game I establish a base of operations in a sector I like and also deploy some terran ships in the same sector. To supply them I build a complex with all the Terran missile fabs. Just, in my game, the only way to acquire the needed missiles for my Terran ships.
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”