[GAMESTARTS] Transcend - Lost Colony (updated March 20, 2017)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 20:37

I see the reason in my code and will correct for next release perhaps today or tomorrow. In the meantime, simply adding to the squad corrects the problem because then the pilot knows who is their commander.

Thanks for catching!

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 20:38

Ooooo Tanscend got a nice shiny new coat of paint.... :D

Gonna have to try this out.... - Thanks for all the hard work....
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 21:41

Here is the pre-release for the new version with added "Hunted" and "Explorer" starts. This has the fix for the issue (not critical) mentioned a couple of posts ago. The only changes I expect for the final release, will likely involve the "Hunted" start, because I haven't finished it or fully tested it.

The Hunted start, may prove too difficult for players - so I'll be interested in feedback on it. This start, can be useful/fun in testing out Fleet command strategies.

Note: I haven't added text id's for the two new gamestarts yet. Once I do that, I'll ask alexalsp to provide Russian translation if he has time.

Hello NZ-Wanderer. :)

Thanks.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 21:47

Observe wrote: Note: I haven't added text id's for the two new gamestarts yet. Once I do that, I'll ask alexalsp to provide Russian translation if he has time.
No problems. :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 01:47

Ships now respond to commands.

rus_lng_updates - https://yadi.sk/d/jaOn-eou3FjXjj

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 09:49

Hunter mission. I arrived in the Transcend, but it does not end. All the time the marker points to the gate.

The fleet arrived with me. :?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 23:41

Link on beta mod not working.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 18. Mar 17, 00:44

alexalsp wrote:Link on beta mod not working.
I know. I removed it (and indicated so in that post). The reason is, I am working on a new version and will be posting either today or tomorrow hopefully and will be requesting feedback from it.

I need to get this finished in the next day or so, because next week I am going on a 20-day silent meditation retreat. :)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 19. Mar 17, 23:19

New beta version for the 'Hunted' gamestart. Download from bottom of Opening Post.

Description:

You have a small, but powerful fleet, operating deep in Xenon space, under contract to download important data from beacon asteroids. The Xenon have targeted you as a priority enemy and will hunt you whenever your ships are in Xenon space.

This is a beacon asteroid (new model):

http://www.go-serve.com/ftp/images/aste ... con_sm.jpg

You must fly into the beacon asteroids to trigger the data download. Inside, you will be partially protected from enemy fire, but Xenon Capital ships may on occasion, destroy the beacon; leaving you fully exposed.

Notes:

The mission will end once you reach Transcend cluster, but the Xenon will continue hunting you, whenever any of you ships trespasses in their space.

You start out with one each Arawn Carrier, Taranis, Sucellus and Olmekron Destroyers.

This is best used with game version 4.10 (still in public beta) or higher. Reason is, because of Capital ship navigation and command improvements.

Future beta releases may not be savegame compatible.

You must gather (within 40km) all your remaining ships at each beacon asteriod before the data download will complete.

The jumpgate to Transcend (where the mission ends) will remain inactive, until you process all the beacons (6 of them).

@alexalsp: There is a text file (new_text_for_translation.text) in the t directory of new text that will need Russian translation if you feel like it. I haven't had time to add to the t file itself yet.

As I mentioned, I am about to go away for a while, so I may not have time to release this mod before I go - depending on if there are issues with it.

Please let me know as soon as possible, if there are problems or suggestions.

Thanks.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 03:08

New beta version fixed mission getting stuck. Download near the bottom of the Opening Post in the Beta version section.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 04:59

New beta for 'Hunted' start: osr_transcend_starts_hw_beta4.rar

Changes:

- fixed guidance getting lost sometimes.

Download from OP (near bottom).

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 07:45

Update now released on Steam Workshop (link in OP). Beta version removed.

Changes:

Hunted gamestart
Explorer gamestart

Note:

I haven't taken the 'Hunted' gamestart as far as I would like, but I am out of time, so decided to release as is.

Thanks

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 08:25

New model and new associated gameplay - nice 'update' :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 15:30

rus_lng_updates - https://yadi.sk/d/2KDJEac33G9tkC

I found a small bug.

[ external image ]

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 18:40

@alexalsp: Thanks for the translation and editing the files. That is a huge help! :)

That bug is easy enough to fix. I'll update the mod today. Hopefully everything else works OK.

Thanks.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 21. Mar 17, 01:34

Update: Added Russian translation (thanks alexalsp) and fixed zone name bug.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 21. Mar 17, 07:06

Very good. Thank you.

:) :wink:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 21. Mar 17, 07:07

alexalsp wrote:Very good. Thank you.
Thank you for all your help alexalsp!

SirFrancisDrake
x4

Post by SirFrancisDrake » Mon, 3. Apr 17, 20:57

Hello Observe,

i've created german voice files and text files for your mod.
It was a little disturbing for me when i reached a zone and Betty said nothing. So i have made for every zone and cluster voice files.

I also changed the location on the galaxy map for the Trancend system in the galaxy.xml. To fit it better on the galaxy map in capital ship bridge mod.

And the last one. I've created for the Litauen_Capital_Ship_Bridge mod english and german maps of the Transcend system. So, the Transcend System is now included. Maybe alexalsp could add them to the capital ship bridge mod.
For the german maps, i used my translation of the zones and clusters i've used in your mod.

I have two questions. In two sectors (Pioneer's Paradise and Far Reach) there are no jump beacons. Is this intended? Because it is not possible to jump to this sectors with the Skunk.

And the second question. In the sector Tree of Life, there are two zones with the same number. Hungry Ghosts and Voice of the Silence. Is this intended?

Greetings

Sir Francis Drake

Edit: I forgot the downloadlink
https://1drv.ms/u/s%21Al2rkHPxxl13gQLoORBVJC5h0llH

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 02:47

Hi Observe

When using cwir and Transcend mod, the shipyard breaks down.

Cwir 1.66 - https://github.com/40712ef4f9/cwir

XR 4.30

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 35.48 Error in AI script trade.shipyard on entity 0x195e3: Evaluated value 'null' is not of type macro
* Expression: $selected_macro
[General] 35.48 ======================================
[General] 68.99 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 68.99 Error in MD cue md.MainMenu.SectionHandler<inst:23da3>: Property lookup failed: $npcs.{1}.buildmodule.buildmacros.{1}
* Expression: $npcs.{1}.buildmodule.buildmacros.{1}.isclass.{class.ship_xl}
[General] 68.99 ======================================
[General] 214.80 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 214.80 Invalid SoundID "hash(18306385682742801642)" on macro: "entity_betty_macro"! No definition found in SoundLibrary.
[General] 214.80 ======================================
[General] 234.92 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 234.92 Error in MD cue md.MainMenu.SectionHandler<inst:3441a>: Property lookup failed: $npcs.{1}.buildmodule.buildmacros.{1}
* Expression: $npcs.{1}.buildmodule.buildmacros.{1}.isclass.{class.ship_xl}
[General] 234.92 ======================================

There is no menu for Ship Triders XL, only L

This problem is only in the system transcend

XRebirth Cwir - transcend

https://youtu.be/p2ELD7NknqA

XRebirth - transcend

https://youtu.be/yCoqrKY5Qk8

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”