CLS w/ jump beacons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Black_Vega
x4

CLS w/ jump beacons

Post by Black_Vega » Wed, 28. May 14, 11:23

Hi folks,

I -finally- managed to get one of those precious beacons, and placed it in a sector, far far away from the gates, right next to the docking station of my complex. I've set up a new CLS I type freighter to deliver silicon to that station... he refuses to. He will still look for the nearest gate to jump to...
Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Regards

[Edit: I'm playing AP vanilla with bonus pack]

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Wed, 28. May 14, 14:56

CLS and CAG's dont use Jump beacons..

UT, ST, MORT, simple Loop traders can use them..

also ships that have "Auto jumping" feature enabled to them

Pol8
x3ap

Post by Pol8 » Wed, 28. May 14, 17:30

The bonus pack CAG/CLS version doesn't use the jump beacons. However, there is a updated version that fixes that problem. It will mark your game as ** Modified ** though.

If you want a vanilla solution, you can speed up the traders by putting them in fast ships, like a Caiman or a Springblossom.

You could also try making a drop-off point near the gate. Place a TS/TL near the gate and have your long-range CLS dump the silicon into it. Then, have a second CLS transfer the wares from the drop-point to the complex.(you will need a transporter device in both CLS ships, but not the TS/TL)
As an added bonus, the drop-point CLS can be used to train new CLS pilots.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”