X3-reunion bonus pack, no working

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OSGODau

X3-reunion bonus pack, no working

Post by OSGODau » Wed, 28. May 14, 17:56

I registered against my better judgement( a company that employs digital media security software from Russian mafia dose get my trust .

I then downloaded bonus pack followed instructions, started game no install, looked for install files no where is this a joke(the bonus pack)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 28. May 14, 17:58

Have you checked that the bonus pack installer pointed to your acutal X3: Reunion game folder?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

OSGODau

re:

Post by OSGODau » Wed, 28. May 14, 17:59

yes I did

OSGODau

reinstalled

Post by OSGODau » Wed, 28. May 14, 18:10

reinstalled again nothing bugger this i am not wasting my time if it dont go 1st time.

why is this the only game where bonus material wont load

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 28. May 14, 18:27

Is your X3R game folder by any chance in a directory, which is protected by Windows? ('Program Files' is usally such a directory, if you don't have administrator rights.) In that case, files might get placed in the VirtualStore instead.

An easy solution to make sure that the files are placed in the correct folder would be installing the Bonus Pack to an empty folder (for example on your desktop; note that this folder must have a file called X3.exe in it) and copy the files then manually into the correct folders in your X3 directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

OSGODau

Lmao

Post by OSGODau » Thu, 29. May 14, 03:52

I am cert 3 network admin I have a bit of an idea , I have tried installing to folder on desktop then move files to folder with x3.exe nothing nada , pity was looking forward to the bonus pack , egosoft need to employ people that know what thew **** their doing this is the only game where a patch or scripts have been a hassle the only game and as I said above not wasting time unless egosoft pay for wasting my time , purchasing a game is about playing the game not wasting 6 hrs on bonus material that should not be a hasle to instal.

I will now be looking at games I purchase to make sure the brand EGOSOFT is not on them

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 29. May 14, 14:12

Its been working for everyone else without a problem, so clearly its soemthing you are doing wrong

Are you sure you have the correct version of the bonus pack and that you are installing it to the correct place.

last time it wasn't working for someone it turned out they had 2 copies of the game and they were installing it to one of the copy but playing the other

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”