[Q] How do I stop RRF M8 from exploding after death?? - X3 AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Black_hole_suN

[Q] How do I stop RRF M8 from exploding after death?? - X3 AP

Post by Black_hole_suN » Wed, 28. May 14, 21:35

Hi!!

RRF M8 are exploding after death and unleashes so much damage in a wide area!! How do I stop this?? This makes them impossible to fight using fighters.. Even M6 dies from those explosions!!!

I have been searching the forums and I have found nothing on this topic..

I need a mod or a script that stop this from happening.. If no mod had been created before, can someone with knowledge point me to the file(s) that governs this behavior so I can edit it myself..

Thanks!!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. May 14, 11:20

This should be easy enough.

Download this modified plugin.rrf.sig.killed.xml (From mediafire.com) and copy it to your addon/scripts folder.
Afterwards remove/rename the file "plugin.rrf.sig.killed.pck" from the same folder.

I simply commented out the check at the end of the linked file, which creates a number of Ion and SQUASH Mines at the position of the just destroyed ship ('missile boat').
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 1. Jun 14, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Thu, 29. May 14, 12:17

Thanks!!

Can you please keep hosting this file till Monday? Im away from my pc and cant fowload files from mediafire on my phone..

my hunch is right.. those explosions were Squash mines.. that explains its near nonexistent damage to capital ships but murders fighters and corvettes.. Just last night I saw 46 out of 60 fighters from my Shuri killed by 2 RRF m8 through suicide explosions..

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. May 14, 12:21

It's hosted on my mediafire account, where it should stay endlessly. (Provided they haven't imposed any hosting restrictions in the last few months I'm unaware of.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 16:16

Hi!!

Your link does not work.. It just take me to a download page for Mediafire Desktop..

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 17:54

Sorry, it seems I copied the wrong link. Please try again.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 18:31

a quick test shows that this doesnt seem to work.. I did what you instructed but I still get explosions..

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 21:33

- deleted -
Last edited by Black_hole_suN on Mon, 2. Jun 14, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 21:49

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Afterwards remove/rename the file "plugin.rrf.sig.killed.pck" from the same folder.
^Did you do this? If not, the changed plugin.rrf.sig.killed.xml won't be loaded.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 21:56

yup... I already did that...

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 18:58

I'm an Idiot.. :headbang:

X2-Illuminatus's modified script works ---- on newly created RRF Bombers not on the existing ones that I was testing all night yesterday..

Thanks again X2-Illuminatus and sorry for the trouble

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”