X3TC: Teladi Race Rank Dropping Like a Brick

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JJRSC
x4

X3TC: Teladi Race Rank Dropping Like a Brick

Post by JJRSC » Sat, 31. May 14, 13:57

Not long ago my rank with the Teladi Company was Company Director - 17%. Now, and I don't know why, it's sitting at 2% and when I load my most recent save a couple of minutes later I get demoted to Venture Capitalist. (I keep reloading older saves to try to figure out what's going on but no luck.)

There was a point a little bit earlier when pirates were attacking my ships & stations in Barren Shores, so I sent my Griffon to take care of them. I did notice, however, that a group of Teladi ships were heading through the sector and they were also red for some reason. I had to order my Griffon to attack just Pirates one by one so it wouldn't attack the Teladi ships.

I'm wondering if this goes back to a couple of days ago in PTNI HQ, a Split TP collided with my TL (from behind!) and was destroyed so a Teladi Patrol Osprey starts firing on me. I apologized - "weapons fire in error" - and the Osprey broke off. I'm thinking that started this?

Anyway, anyone have any idea what's going on?

OzWraith
x3tc

Post by OzWraith » Sat, 31. May 14, 14:17

Good news! The Teladi are the easiest race to build ranks with.

Start doing missions for them. Preferably Very Hard ones. Your race ranking will start going up again.

If you are seen as a Profit venture, they'll forget whatever they were mad at you over in no time.

But yes, if you killed a ship in a core sector, they're not going to take it kindly.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 31. May 14, 20:07

If this isn't a one-off drop and your rank is still dropping, as you say it is, then there is pretty much only *one* reason that happens--one of your own ships has set Teladi to Enemy and is handing out the beatings (this will happen if a ship under AI control got hit by Teladi fire, for instance--if that Osprey hit the ship you were flying while it was under autopilot control, that counts). Check the friend-foe settings of your ships.

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Sat, 31. May 14, 23:34

Will do that, thank you very much!

OzWraith, thanks also for your input as well.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”