[X3TC] How can I get my hands on some Plasma Beam Cannons?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IanFitzJo
x3tc

[X3TC] How can I get my hands on some Plasma Beam Cannons?

Post by IanFitzJo » Wed, 4. Jun 14, 00:49

Are they available in Vanilla? Who do I need to pay/rob/highjack? Or is there an exploit?

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 4. Jun 14, 01:18

This wiki explains the trick a little bit, but I'm not sure if it still works or if it's been patched.

In any case. The PBC is inside a lasertower. The lasertower takes like 1 minute to online itself in space, once you jet it out of your cargo.

So if you have a ship that can use cargo drones (any ship with a hangar that can carry M3 fighters inside it, such as TM or some M7), you can order the cargo drone to retrieve the PBC from the lasertower and put it in your ship cargo.

It doesn't have much time to do this; it has to finish before the laser tower onlines itself. The drone has to fly over to the tower, dock to it, then fly over to your ship, and dock to it, before the lasertower finishes. So you have to line up the lasertower and your ship just right so the drone doesn't spend too much time flying around trying to line up the docking vectors.

And then you can scoop the lasertower back to your cargo by flying over it, to basically reset and retry.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 4. Jun 14, 12:36

The freight drone trick only works for AP as far as I know. Plasma Beam Cannons aren't available in vanilla TC.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

RayF

Post by RayF » Wed, 4. Jun 14, 17:51

There are however 2 Phased array laser canons in specific khaak sector during Final fury plot.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Wed, 4. Jun 14, 18:27

Zaitsev wrote:The freight drone trick only works for AP as far as I know. Plasma Beam Cannons aren't available in vanilla TC.
Weren't you able to destroy Lasertowers in their set up phase and get them as possible loot? I seem to remember reading something like that...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Jun 14, 18:34

.. yes, but that warm-up period only happens in X3AP and not in X3TC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Thu, 5. Jun 14, 04:29

Tried it a few times the way the wiki described it, without success. I have the PALCs but they are a bit indiscriminate. I've had a few regrettable friendly-fire issues when I flew with them in a Tiger.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”