A New Tactic for the Xenon Sectors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

A New Tactic for the Xenon Sectors

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 02:42

In this game, I’m not doing the HUB plot. To fill in the time until my marines are trained to 3 x 100, I’ve been hunting in the Xenon sectors. I bought a Tiger instead of waiting for one in a Return Ship mission. I fed the IBL forges until I had 8 IBLs. I put CIGs in the Right and Left, and FAA in Top and Bottom. The Tiger is a fun ship for the Xenon sectors. A Boreas would be safer of course. Using one strafe key, I am usually able to stay away from the heavy weapons fire from J,K, and Q. The extra speed lets me close with a target, or run away for a while.

I am almost 5 days into this game, and have Crusader rank. I have killed 23 J, 22 K, and 101 Q.

I want to report a nice tactic for the Xenon sectors. I have money, so I put a Snail Ranch L near each Xenon gate. So I can see if the gate is clear when I jump in. They don’t get attacked unless I’m in sector. The Xenon don’t attack them if I’m not there. I extended this tactic, to put a Snail Ranch near every SY, so I could see when the next J and K come out. I usually put 3 more Snail Ranch stations into a sector after the gates are covered. I can see a lot of the sector before I jump in.

An Advanced Satellite won’t last long. It’s considered a ship. But a station gets ignored. Not a ship.

If there is a SY, the J and K for that sector will spawn in the SY. If the SY is destroyed, they will spawn in the nearest SY and migrate back to the sector. If all but one SY are destroyed, then all of them will spawn in the last SY. If all SY are destroyed, there is unlimited spawning, and they come out on missions. I’m waiting to cap a Tyr and a Skirnir before I kill all the SY but one. The Xenon sector next to TU 3 is the only exception I know of. The J and K spawn here without a SY. I’m not sure of X347 and X534. I think the J and K for them spawn at a nearby SY, and migrate there. But I’m not sure of that. I do know that I get 15 or 16 J and K spawning in Core 023 when I’ve destroyed all the other SY.

So I’m hunting them with my Tiger almost continuously, through the different Xenon sectors. For TC combat, it’s great.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 03:40

If you could destroy a shipyard and then the migrating capitals from the next closest one while in a race sector, you could rack up some night rep and credits in the process.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 23:16

The cap ships won't spawn/leave the shipyard whilst your in sector. If you want some real fun, once you get down to one shipyard, (I suggest Xenon Core 023) you can trap all the cap ships in that region and eventually kill them all in Core023 and hang around until they're all ready to respawn. The jump to the west gate. All the Xenon cap ships should spawn at once and most will head west. ;)

The single shipyard coral was basically how I got my combat rank up to Xtreme. When I got bored was when I did the mass spawn technique (it's not the fasted way to increase rank)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Question about X597 and Thanks.

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 11. Jun 14, 06:59

Thanks for the replies.

I've got a question about X597. I've seen a SY there sometimes. And other times I've searched extensively and I can't find it. I've seen it around 25, 0, 25 I believe.

Does anyone have the coordinates for the Xenon SY in X597?

When I fight a Q in my Hype, or a J in the Tiger, I get close enough to get the targeting pipper, about 4.25 k. I get a speed of -10 by going in reverse. This prevents them from ramming me, and also helps confuse their accuracy.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”