X3AP. Terran attacking my ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cancuino
x3

X3AP. Terran attacking my ships

Post by Cancuino » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 11:02

Hi, I'm quite new here and I haven't found anything about this.
I haven't explored the entire map yet, and when I enter a Terran sector I receive a message telling me that I have one minute to leave or the will attack me.

I don't understand why this happens, I've never attacked a terran ship and I want to do business with them but it's impossible.

Can anyone explain me this?.

Thank you.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 11:55

Any race will do this if your Notoriety is -1 for Core sectors and -2 for Border sectors

Additionally, to enter the inner Sol system (from mars to earth) you need sufficient ATF and Terran rep...

Also.. In War Sectors (sectors flashing red in the map) your ships and stations will be attacked around 1min after you leave the sector
Last edited by Black_hole_suN on Fri, 13. Jun 14, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 12:08

Black_hole_suN wrote:to enter the inner Sol system (from mars to earth) you need sufficient ATF and Terran rep...
This is no longer true in AP (it was a TC thing). If you have Core access in AP, you can go anywhere in Terran space.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 12:13

Really?? i never noticed since I was always enemies with the Terrans and ATF

Cancuino
x3

Post by Cancuino » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 19:27

Thank you for your answers. So the question now is, how can I improve my reputation with the Terran?. I can do nothing in their systems because I get killed.

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 21:52

One possibility, until you can get missions from the Terrans: attack Argon ships in the Terran sectors in the warzone (like Asteroid Belt, for example). That will eventually raise your Terran rep (at the expense of Argon rep).

Of course, doing this too much could completely wreck your Argon rep. Personally, since I rarely use Terran ships in my game, I don't bother. In most of my playthroughs, the Terrans and Paranid end up hostile (the latter are my favorite to pick on :twisted:).

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 14. Jun 14, 09:30

Cancuino wrote:Thank you for your answers. So the question now is, how can I improve my reputation with the Terran?. I can do nothing in their systems because I get killed.
The War Sectors regularly change hands between Argon and Terran, so you could blow up a few Argon ships in a sector that's Terran at the time and then play nice with the Argon somewhere else to repair your rep with them. Not sure how effective that would be because I've never tried it, so save your game before attempting this!

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 14. Jun 14, 14:12

Rep loss when attacking ships seems to be related to the number of times you hit them. So if you're going to attack Argon ships to improve Terran rep, bring a big gun. Or just ram them to death.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 22:35

OniGanon wrote:Rep loss when attacking ships seems to be related to the number of times you hit them. So if you're going to attack Argon ships to improve Terran rep, bring a big gun. Or just ram them to death.
TL + BIG station + argon exit gate... and apologizing to nearby argon captain... do wonders. Repairing rep with argon is a lot easier then terrans. Since argon have xenon,pirates and anything else in between to serve as fodder. Even if you drown you rank to the lowest just taking ONE patrol mission in a sector that borders argons and later slips to argon space will probably get you to neutral at least lol.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”