Unabolish Slavery

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LordJorge
x4

Unabolish Slavery

Post by LordJorge » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 10:12

Flying around in my springblossom I noticed the lack of slaves in the X universe

I mean; the pirate stations are empty, just like the rehabilitation centers. Besides making pilots bail, there is no way to get good slaves for my factories.

So I come here today with a request.(please)

Can please anyone make a mod to increase the ammount of ways you can get slaves? I have a few ideas but I'm not much of a modder.

1) Making the crew of a capital ship space walk when the ship is almost destroyed; to increase the number of people you can enslave

2) Periodically spawning slaves in the pirate stations

3) Making slave auction "missions" (just pay and get some), or farmer John could sell me his daughter and his goat to pay his debts, and in exchange of some space fuel

4) Once boarded a capital ship has the captured crew (add slaves to the wares spawn list of all the capitals)

I don't know how hard is to make those things happen but I know is too early for me to do it. I could add slaves to my cargo with scrips but where's the fun in that?

Thanks again for your time guys; and I will be very grateful if anyone can do this

Nicoman35
x3tc

Re: Unabolish Slavery

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 11:36

LordJorge wrote:2) Periodically spawning slaves in the pirate stations
In fact, I just done something like that. I have done a little add-on to the XRM mod lowering the wins you are able to make by bartering. Alongside, I made an alteration to the warelists of merchants on pirate stations. There is a chance, that they have slaves for selling. Of course, only if you play XRM...

LordJorge
x4

Post by LordJorge » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 22:37

That might be a problem, I don't use XRM. I'm still afraid to leave the vanilla universe

I tried to modify some files to get pirate enslavers flying around with some slave cargo but they never showed up

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 11:02

Slave driver!
:D

hmmm, acctually i think there is a mod that transforms passegers into slaves, thought would be suitible right?

edit:
nvm: was passengers to marines...
perhaps modify the script so they become slaves instead?=)

just a thought...

LordJorge
x4

Post by LordJorge » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 00:02

Actually you can transform passengers to slaves already, just dock into a pirate station and select em from the freight

I love using that command "enslave"

Ahem... back to the point. I think it would look awesome to see lots of space suits emerge from an almost destroyed capital ship; trying to save themselves. Just that, the capital not bailing or anything just a few rats leaving the ship while the loyal crew still fights

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Unabolish Slavery

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 00:33

LordJorge wrote:Flying around in my springblossom I noticed the lack of slaves in the X universe

I mean; the pirate stations are empty, just like the rehabilitation centers. Besides making pilots bail, there is no way to get good slaves for my factories....
Not true. There are a lot of TP taxis flying about, and most have 10-20 or more passengers onboard, which can all be converted to slaves at your favorite pirate base. Making the pilot bail on these TP's will give you the full load of slave-ready passengers. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 01:52

LordJorge wrote:That might be a problem, I don't use XRM. I'm still afraid to leave the vanilla universe
Did you mean vanilla map or vanilla rules? Anyways XRM uses vanilla galaxy map with some new sectors.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

LordJorge
x4

Post by LordJorge » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 02:36

Really? I thought it was a new universe

Does the XRM have the vanilla plots? and... any slave mod? :D

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 05:38

LordJorge wrote:Really? I thought it was a new universe

Does the XRM have the vanilla plots?
Yes, it does.
LordJorge wrote:and... any slave mod? :D
Not that I'm aware of.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 09:43

Playing vanilla this game is blasphemy.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 09:53

LordJorge wrote:Really? I thought it was a new universe

Does the XRM have the vanilla plots? and... any slave mod? :D
Go for it!

Vanilla plots are present in TC version of XRM. In AP there is no plot besides a main goal which is destruction of conflict base, nevertheless you can have TC plots in AP by installing special script "TC plots fro AP"
Slave cargo in XRM cost almost ten times more in vanilla per unit price, you will be satisfied. If any problems ask in XRM thread.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

LordJorge
x4

Post by LordJorge » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 17:40

Ok

Yesterday I installed the XRM mod; and right now I feel kind of overwhelmed with all the changes. I've been playing X3 like 6 years and now I will have to relearn every ship, weapon, missile and ware there is. I don't know if I'm excited or afraid. The only thing I don't like so far is the way you see your thrusters in front of you while in seta bigger than 5x

It's funny how I came here asking for a slave mod and ended with something completely different. The internet is like that :P

I will keep exploring this mod (thank you for the litle push), and in the meantime it would be great if someone could make a mod to get more slave trading

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 18:22

LordJorge wrote:... and in the meantime it would be great if someone could make a mod to get more slave trading
Imagine, pirate factories ( or even some for the Split? ) that don´t need racial food stuff but slaves as ressources, very slowly consumed - a paradise for an evil pirate captain!
Btw: the Starliners in XRM are often filled with quite many passengers, and you don´t need make pilotes bail, but cap them with your bloodlusty mercs ( and sell the Starliner, which is M1* class ship, and should bring you quite an additional income! ;) ).

*Edit: Scratch that, my bad, it´s TL, of course, but it still may nett you 15mio.
Last edited by d_ka on Wed, 18. Jun 14, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 21:05

LordJorge wrote: I feel kind of overwhelmed with all the changes.
You will get used to. XRM is lively, ships are fast and it doesn't take too much time to have a good "work horse".
Unlike XTC where start and whole game pace are rather dull and discouraging at some point, additionally intensified by vast sectors and long distances you have to travel in a snail speed ships. XTC is good mod too, but first 20 hours are pretty slow.
We want the Boron back!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”