Terran Conflict.Compatability with windows 7

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

walneyite
x3tc

Terran Conflict.Compatability with windows 7

Post by walneyite » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 19:47

Hello all,I have had my computer upgraded to windows 7.I cannot get X3 Terren conflict to start.Has anyone else had this problem.Is there a patch available to fix it?Alan Williams

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 19:50

Works normal under Win7. Seems like a technical problem. If you want to post in the technical and support part of the forum, you need register your game on this site. Also, a DXdiag text would help to locate the issue.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 20:49

X3TC was the first game I put on my current rig with Win 7 (see sig line). Started up just fine.

TC has problems of its own, but it loads just fine.

TC's plots are great, and I really wish they were in AP, which would make AP a much longer and intelligent and challenging game to play (plot-wise) without all the technical glitches of TC.

Oh, well.

Back to original question, I'd suspect something went borked in the install or patching for you. The Tech Forum should be able to get you fixed up.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 21:00

Yes please post again in the X3TC/AP Tech Sp forum with all the information about your game (source, modded or not, patch/update state, etc) and about your system (especially a full current DxDiag). Please include any relevant error messages from Event Viewer and, if a Steam game, confirm that you have recently verified the gamefile cache.

*Updated* vanilla X3 games and Win7 work fine together. The issue will most likely be something in your game or OS installation or set-up, or perhaps in your UAC or protection applications, and we should be able to help you in Tech Sp to get playing again if your game is vanilla. See you there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”