X3AP: CLS2 not buying nor waiting for the targeted price, just docks/undocks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

X3AP: CLS2 not buying nor waiting for the targeted price, just docks/undocks

Post by Browser_ice » Thu, 19. Jun 14, 21:49

Something odd is going on since yesterday. Before I was playing in the missionless senario. But I decided to do the simple merchand mission. I had no problems before with any ship starting with CLS2. Now for some odd reason, my Mercury CLS2 enabled is not buying anything and it is not even waiting for the target price; it just docks, wait one CLS cycle and then goes to the next waypoint. It is at apprentis level (sorry English not my native language).

The only difference with before is that I did not buy all softwares for those CLS2 ship. I used to buy every single softwares available for all my ships. I only bought just a few and just what was needed to have the CLS2 option available for this ship. I used all default options in the CLS2 and instructed it the following instructions:

- fly to station-1
- buy product-x at minimal price to fill up cargo space
- fly to station-2
- sell product-x at maximum price to empty cargo space

Current inventory of that one ship having this problem (translated into English):
-commercial software MK2
-combat software MK1
-navigation software MK1
-special software MK1
-merchandize software MK1
-merchandize software MK2
-distant commercial software
-singularity temporal acceleration
-shields
-one laser for defense

Also, it does not matter if there is one of my satelite in this sector or not. I have the same problem in 2 diff sectors with 2 diff stations.

As I am at the beginning of this senario, I only have 2 ships and no stations.

I tried re-installing the bonus package but I still have the problem.

So what is wrong ?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 18:35

Noticed something else, if upon arriving at the station the price happens to be the target one, it will buy or sell like it was told too. If the price is the not same, it will simply dock-wait 1 CLS cycle-undock.

Now my ship is no longer an apprentis but still, throughout its progress, this behavior stayed the same. It will buy/sell only if the price is right upon its arrival.

No one has any idea on why its doing this ?
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 22:11

This is really not a tech support issue so I'm moving it to the general gameplay forum, where you'll undoubtedly get much more help. You might also check the Commodity Logistics Software thread in the Scripting and Modding forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Timsup2nothin

Re: X3AP: CLS2 not buying nor waiting for the targeted price, just docks/undocks

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 00:32

Browser_ice wrote:
- fly to station-1
- buy product-x at minimal price to fill up cargo space
- fly to station-2
- sell product-x at maximum price to empty cargo space
It is performing exactly as programmed. It is following the 'fly to station' command, processing the 'buy' command and seeing that it can't, following the next 'fly to station' command, and processing the sell.

Problem is that the only commands having visible effects are the 'fly to' commands. Basically, you need to remove at least one of them.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 04:01

If your goal is maxing out the flight hours to train your pilot, then multiple "fly to" commands is useful. But the ship could end up in the wrong place when the bargain shows up.
Otherwise, the "fly to" command seems best when you have only one location where you want the ship to load or buy goods from.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 04:13

My aim is to make profit.

Buy at lowest price and sell elsewhere at highest price.

Why can't it wait at station until targeted price is reached ?

Is it acheivable only at a higher trader class ?

If not, I don't want to do micro management all my ships all the times. That would be pointless and a lot of wasted time and energy. Isn't that why CLS2 was created ? To manage all those ships automatically ?
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 04:32

It isn't about 'micro management', it's about understanding what you are telling it to do.

The 'buy' command tells it to look at that moment and see if the price requirement is met at the target station and the ship has space to make the buy.

If the price requirement is met the ship will set out to that station and it won't move on to the next command until the buy command has been completed. To complete the buy command the ship must arrive at the station and either complete the purchase or find that the price has gone up.

If at that moment the price does not meet the criteria then the buy command is complete, right then and there.

No matter how the 'buy' command gets completed, as soon as it is completed the CLS moves on to the next command...in your case a 'fly to'. The 'fly to' command will remain in process until the ship arrives at the station. There is no other possible outcome.

Your ship is pretty much constantly on a 'fly to' command. The buy and sell commands process very quickly when the ship arrives at the station and completes the 'fly to'. It checks the price and the contents of its hold, and if it doesn't meet the criteria it moves on...to another 'fly to' command that takes a long time to process.

I have no idea what prompted you to include those 'fly to' commands, but bottom line they just should not be there. With them in there the ship is doing exactly what you have told it to do. The fact that what it is doing will make very very little profit is not a failure of the software.

The guide in my sig is full of ways to use CLS to make profits. After years of playing and heavy experimentation with every piece of freighter management software there is I am convinced that for high profits with minimum ongoing management the most effective answer is CLS2, because they provide the highest rate of return and they will run forever with no intervention whatsoever...once they are set up correctly.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 06:06

Take out the second Fly To command. That should fix it.

You don't really need Fly To commands to Buy and Sell. The Buy/Sell commands already include flying to the station.
Last edited by OniGanon on Sat, 21. Jun 14, 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 06:08

Browser_ice wrote: Why can't it wait at station until targeted price is reached ?
To put it simply, there is no "wait" command in CLS. Even if there was, it would be ineffective if you want to buy from more than one location. Because, while your ship waits here for the best price, the price there might reach the best instead.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 13:18

i wont say anything as to why your cls2 does what is does because it has been already answered by other members.
Just a quick reminder if i may,

every time the pilot changes rating you can add more waypoints in his list(until it reaches max-unlimited)

If you only have 2 waypoints in his list, 1 buy 1 sell, it may not be very beneficial.
Add more waypoints if you can, in the current sector, until your pilot can make use of a JD.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”