returning to the ranks

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Eeon
x3tc

returning to the ranks

Post by Eeon » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 13:05

im back, played this game 2years ago with an antiquated computer, i really enjoyed the complexity, and the mods, but my computer forced me to give up the game as it was unable to manage the complex graphics after about two hours of playing.

ive returned with a new computer more lowerful and hopefully capable of manageing this game. but im unable to find my installation disks, due to moving 6 months ago.

so i have a coupe, questions!

1-is the disk required to play the game.
2-where can i download x3 game if i dont have the disks.
3 i seem to recall only one version was able to be modded, was it x3tc?

thanks in advance

{Email address removed. - Terre}

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 13:35

1. No
2. Steam
3. Every version from X2

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 17:09

you can register your game with steam (you need the cd key)
there you will be able to download the entire game.

additionaly, there is a no steam exe available in downloads section. you also need to register your game on this site (under profile)
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Eeon
x3tc

Post by Eeon » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 00:10

every version from x2? so no mods for x3?

i believe i did register back when i was modding, ill have to look and see if i can download using that registmration

Eeon
x3tc

Post by Eeon » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 00:13

ok under my profile it shows me that i have registered here with x3terran conflict, does that give me permissionsmto download the game from here?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 00:40

Did you see on what forum you are ? "Scripts and Modding", so from X2 to any version after it ; that includes X3 TC and X3 AP.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 01:37

Eeon wrote:ok under my profile it shows me that i have registered here with x3terran conflict, does that give me permissionsmto download the game from here?
no. go under your profile and select Display Registration Codes, enter password, and voila.

you can use that code on steam to get access to the game (Games>activate a product on steam)
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Eeon
x3tc

Post by Eeon » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 21:31

just spent two entire days working on getting steam installed, thier install steam software has some very demanding protocols with the forewall settings that i have just discovered my isp (AT&T) wont allow. i have given up on the game, since steam is too stringent with its protocols just for me to download the game. ill work this upcoming weekend to find the disk, but short of that, im doubtful of returning!

good luck x3 veterans and fans! ill be back when i move to an area without at&t isp services

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 22:39

A provider forbidding access to Steam, the biggest world games seller ? Not possible (maybe in North Korea).

And if I'm not mistaken, AT&T is not a small ISP. Besides, they can't access to your firewall and change settings for you... So you're doing something wrong, or you're not doing anything. I suggest to keep trying :)

X3 is two steps from you ! Take a look at the wiki of Litcube's Universe, and you will find the strength to continue !

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 24. Jun 14, 08:25

When installing steam, do not install in the default location [ (x86) folder], installing there will lead to other complications, (I let it install on root, it creates its steam folder, all steam games will automatically install there)

firewalls, anti-virus software, anti spyware software may play havoc with installation of files from the internet (and some games) - usually this can be temporarily disabled or turned down for download/install, then put back to comfort level desired.

ISP's generally do not block sites often (they usually reserve that to sites that they have received many complaints about or sites that have launched numerous detected "assaults" on the ISP or it's customers), you might call your ISP and have them check your download speeds (which would bring out any issues your modem may be having)

reminder, do not install Steam in default location, that will save you many headaches in the future.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”