Strange issues using columns in log messages

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LordoftheMoo
x3tc

Strange issues using columns in log messages

Post by LordoftheMoo » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 22:47

I'm trying to send a message to the logbook, where I have two columns of text (basically it's a "the left is what Option A will have; the right, Option B" notification). I'm trying to use the in-game column stuff, but I'm getting a pair of strange issues in how it's working. This is the code I'm using:

Code: Select all

Text file entry:
<t id="1097">[text cols='2' colspacing='35' colwidth='45']moo\nmoo2\nmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo3\nmoo4\nmoo5[/text] </t>
---------------------
script code that prints this:
$messagebody = sprintf: pageid=7421 textid=1097, null, null, null, null, null
send incoming message $messagebody to player: display it=[TRUE]
From these, this is the output I get:
[ external image ]

So I have three questions on what I'm seeing. The first one is "Why is the first column greyed out compared to the second?". This is true even if I set a color (such as green) on the text. The first column is always greyed out compared to the second. Is there something that I should be doing to make this not happen?

The second question I have is "Why is it ignoring the colwidth value?". I have tried setting this to a variety of values (including '5'), but the output never varies. It does seem to be using the colspacing correctly; I have altered that setting and seen effects from the changes. So while the spacing works, the width value is simply ignored. The very long line should only wrap to 2 lines, based on the 45 colwidth setting, if I'm understanding this right.

The third question is "I have tried using minlines='xxx' and nothing seems to matter, it just ignores it and decides for itself how many lines". For the code above I didn't include it because that's from a snippet after I gave up messing with that setting, but that wasn't working either. :?

In case it's important, this is in TC v2.5. From what I can tell, these all should work 2.5 and up. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong, or what might just not be working? I am trying, if possible, to avoid using additional libraries or scripts to fix this, and where it's not in a menu I'm thinking that sending all of it in an array (as mentioned elsewhere on the forums) won't work the same or at all. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”