Stupid Race fleets stop killing my boarding target you id***s.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

Stupid Race fleets stop killing my boarding target you id***s.

Post by samoja » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 13:35

This happens all the time, i have a nice m6-m7 mark, run of the mill operation, no complications, i launch marines, they land perfectly and then a stupid RFF jumps in and destroys my boarding target with my marines on it.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 16:49

I had this problem too in my early days in AP. The major offenders are the M8 and M7M and their OP missiles with OP damage

Unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do about this in a vanilla game.. you can try to defend your target by destroying the incoming missiles, you can destroy RRF ships and worry about rep loss later..

If you plan to go modified, then you can install X3 Editor 2 and edit Tmissile to make missiles do less damage or have shorter range.. This doesn't stop them from attacking your target but they cant do it from the other side of the sector anymore, thus giving you time to cap the target before it is destroyed (Tomahawks and Hammers switch target if you successfully board the ship as long as there are other hostiles in the sector, if there is none they will continue to fly in a straight line)

Another fix is THIS script made by DrBullwinkle.. This script makes all RRF ships respond only to the actions of the PLAYER.. (or so it says in the description)..

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 10:44

does this also happen if you lead your target away from the gates?

samoja

Post by samoja » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 14:18

DiArmada wrote:does this also happen if you lead your target away from the gates?
By the time i spotted the danger it is often too late for that, the ship was already under fire and my marines were on board, what little shield was restored fell quickly and ship followed a few seconds later. I tried numerous times to be faster then the attacking ship but even when i successfully captured the ship before it was destroyed the opposing ship just kept shooting until it was gone, no time to transfer JD and E-cells and order the ship to jump out of the system.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 16:03

my marines are still in training, so I haven't done any boarding in AP.
are you trying to board ships which belong to a (kill)mission, or ships which are just flying around?
do the RRF ships fire AFTER you've succesfully captured your target?
RRF ships only spawn at gates or jumpbeacons, don't they?

if you fire at a ship so that it'll follow you, then can't you lead it far enough away to capture it?
if you'ld let an M3 follow your M7M you could jump into that when you're managed to capture a ship and an M7M or M8 fires at it from a distance.
fly ASAP to the captured ship and transfer jumpdrive and energycells so it can jump out.

that's what I would try.
I have no idea how much trouble the RRF ships would give.
in TC I've captured my Agamemnon in a pirate sector, I just waited until he went there.
that was np

phoenix-it
x3tc

Post by phoenix-it » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 17:23

Can't tell you the number of captured number of Duke's Super Freighter XLs I have lost due to an in-bound Tomahawk or Banshee coming from way over yonder. :evil:
Anyone else notice how the Dovakiin & Dragons in Skyrim kinda sorta resemble the Immortals from Highlander? Every time a dragon dies I hear, "There can be only one."

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Try 'Convoy' Missile Defense

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 19:54

Knowing what is in the area is part of the capture process. Sometimes you have to let a good one go. Sometimes you wait until the target moves to another sector. Put it up in one of the overhead monitors and check back now and then.

Rarley will it be worthwhile to kill the attackers, but you could try and intercept missiles by setting your Mosquito Defense to 'C', which means Convoy. I haven't tried this myself, but the idea is that your own Mosquitoes could attack a missile closeby that is not aimed at you.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”