[X3AP] The PHQ-- How do I give commands?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Monkeyfister
x3ap

[X3AP] The PHQ-- How do I give commands?

Post by Monkeyfister » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 15:48

So last night, I decided to set up my PHQ after a week or so of just keeping it in the Albatross until I had at least an energy loop set up in its sector.

I set it up, docked the Albatross to it, and started poking around the various HQ UIs. I don't see the commands for Reengineering or Recycling, and Advanced>Command Console doesn't seem to list them.

I am considering stripping the Albatross, and recycling it into the HQ's first resources-- does anyone actually use the Albatross if you already have Mammoth or Elephant? Sure it's good for storage, but not much else.

Anyway, where are the two major Commands for RE and Recycle found?

Also, does a ship recycle into the same amount of resources it takes to build it? Meaning, if I were to recycle a Buster (default swag blueprint) right now, would I have enough resources to immediately build another?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 16:35

Double-click the PHQ in the Sector Map listing, take the 'Adjust Station Parameters' option and then scroll down if necessary to get the RE and Recycle 'Add to' commands.

You rarely get back what things cost to buy or make. I would guess that recycle gives back resources relating to the selling price of the basic bare ship type (about half the buying price) and also rounded down (ie the less-used resources may not even appear for a very small/cheap ship recycled) Meanwhile the resources needed for building probably relate more to the full buying price. So, still guessing only, I think you get less than half the production resources back - and none of the credits needed for building of course. I could be wrong about the resources though. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 17:31

Thank you, Alan. I will give it a try when I get home, tonight.

OT: I have a 40" HD monitor to hook up tonight. X3AP should look incredible at that size! Just like being there!

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 00:32

Odd thing last night, all I had was the spray shop on down, which is why I asked here. I wonder if it is because I was parked there?

Everything was right there once I left the HQ. Thanks!

Do the NPCs offer blueprints?

--
OT: This HD 40" monitor is amazing. Just took a ride in the Kestral-- oh my! scale seemed really believable... this screen is so big, the top of the gate is really above my head! The oCOSMO 40" from amazon. Super cheap. Great Patriarch, this thing takes immersion to a new level. Battle in the Hyperion-- almost too real.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 10:25

The main use of the PHQ is to gather blue prints then once you have the support factories set up you can build a fleet of ships that are not readily available, HYP V springs to mind.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 13:17

Yes NPCs on stations may offer to sell you blueprints of their own race ships as a station mission (white lightbulb icon I think), but beware as they will happily sell you the same blueprints that you have already obtained by buying them or REing ships.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 13:51

I haven't got as far as the PHQ in AP yet but i'm sure it'll be kinda the same in Reunion.
Scrapping a ship at PHQ gives resources dependent on the hull condition of the ship being scrapped but never as much as is needed to build one (tardy work from the engineers who 'break' things during the scrap process).
Your 'player' ship will never show up in the list available, but other ships will.
Any ship model for which you already hold the blue prints will not show up on the RE menu.
Tip: do not allow the PHQ to trade with other races or it'll fill up with resources that are easily available and you'll not get or be able to fit in the resources that you need. Instead place a Trading Dock close by to collect the resources you need, then move what you need when you need it.
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0GHz Processor
ASrock Extreme 3 R2.0 Motherboard
8Gb memory
2 x AMD HD7770 Graphics (Crossfire not enabled)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 20:57

You can't reverse or recycle ship you are in. If there isn't a ship you can build/recycle/rev then those options won't even show up.

To add to what Tyc said, select ship in reverse/build/recycle and hit your information button "i". It will show production costs or what you will get back.

Some unversaly useful things to have are falcon haulers :P only fighter that can hold XL cargo... was the only way to transfer stuff to capital ships OOS before AP. In AP you got cargo drones so its a bit of a moot point.

In advanced commands there is trade block. Make sure to blacklist, disallow trading with other races and put a trade block too for good measure. Otherwise it will get flooded with crap you don't need.

Don't store things that aren't used for ship production because they take up space. If you have a ware that isn't used for production... like say firefly missiles or space fuel and you wan't to get rid of it so CAGs/UTS don't sell it to your station... remove the ware then go to dockware manager in adv. and remove the ware from there, that should remove it from list entirely.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 21:11

One thing to remember, both the RE and the Production queue work on one ship at a time only. Do not waste your time and money building ships you can buy from shipyards. Save the production queue for ships that can't be bought.
You know what I would have liked? The PHQ being able to RE ship equipment.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 21:17

Jimmy C wrote:One thing to remember, both the RE and the Production queue work on one ship at a time only. Do not waste your time and money building ships you can buy from shipyards. Save the production queue for ships that can't be bought.
You know what I would have liked? The PHQ being able to RE ship equipment.
Aye, tho if you don't mind mods there's overhaul mod for player owned EQ docks that does that.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sun, 29. Jun 14, 16:51

Thank you all for the BIGGER picture regarding the HQ!! Definitely helped me.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”