Help with mods please!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JAlexD

Help with mods please!

Post by JAlexD » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 01:57

I'm about to play TC for the 1st time (I've "beaten" reunion) and would like to know what graphics mods are available.

Is there also a cockpit mod similar to the x3 reunion one because that was awesome and I don't want to play without it tbh?

Many Thanks!

JAlexD

Post by JAlexD » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 01:00

Thanks for the quick reply but now I'm having trouble installing the mods. I'm ill at the moment and with a headache I just can not think straight. Would you be so kind as to give me a step by step walkthrough?

The files I've downloaded are:

Xtended 2.0 & 2.2 patch
Immersive Environments 1.1 and IEX 1.5a
PSC01_CockpitMod_v1.32

I have a clean install of X3: TC v3.2c (Steam)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 19:10

A general advice for modding the Steam version is creating a backup / second installation outside of the Steam directory. Therefore simply copy the whole X3 Terran Conflict Steam folder to another directory. Afterwards download the 3.1.1 -> 3.2 patch, install it to an empty folder and copy the X3TC.exe to your newly created second installation. That way you have an installation, which is independent from Steam (it will still use the same savegame folder though) and cannot be damaged / destroyed, when Steam decides to update any of your files. You can then keep your Steam installation completely vanilla, which is good when you need to test anything in the vanilla game or simply need some vanilla files or want to create another installation.

As for your downloaded mods, XTC and IEX do not seem to be compatible with each other. At least in the IEX topic, the XTC is not listed as being compatible to XTC. And I'm pretty sure that the XTC itself changes files that are changed by IEX too. So you will have to decide, which of the two mods you are going to use.
As for installing them, check the opening posts of the mod topics. There you can usually find installation instructions.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”