Problem starting A New Home plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 21:09

Sorry for this but I could not find the topic I was looking for in the forums.

I seem to be having an issue with the A New Home plot. I have the most recent update of X3TC (version 3.2) and I have tried everything. I have been flying in all the sectors between 2 and 6 sectors away from Danna's chance, and have not received any messages AT ALL. None. Zip.

I am becoming a irate as this is the second time I have tried this plot and it simply just will not start no matter what I do. The basic run-down of what I did is this:

Upon finishing the Goner plot, with the Terran plot already complete (used Terran Defender start), I jumped to the asteroid belt, flew to the shipyard at Saturn (courtesy of Cadius' Shippack) and bought a Nagoya heavy battleship. I then flew to the yard at Mars and bought a Morrigu (Terran TM). I then flew both separately to the military base at Mercury, outfitted them, and then sent my 6 fighters from my battleship to the TM, which I then had jump to Aladna Hill and dock at the military outpost there.

After all of that. I jumped my battleship to Aladna Hill and flew through it and onto Hatikvahs Faith. No message in either sector. I flew south all the way in a circle back up through Gunne's Crusade. No message. I even flew through Danna's Chance to the sectors on the other side. Still no message.

Can someone please tell me what the hell I am doing wrong if I AM doing something wrong and this is not just another bug.

Please and Thank You

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 21:23

First of all, you really should've started your own thread rather than bring back one several months old, so i'm splitting this off into a new thread. Secondly, you obviously have a modded game, so we really need to know what mods and scripts you have installed that might be affecting the start of that mission.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 21:34

Have you installed any other scripts or mods ?

Sometimes they clash with vanilla setups.

As a piece of advice for others too, it is always best to do the plots before adding anything to the game other than the official Bonus Pack.

It may be that you are unlucky or have not completed the requirements to get the plot yet.
Can't remember what they are atm, but they are listed in the FAQs.

Also,if this is a Steam install, then you could get the installation verified by Steam,which will then re-install anything that is not correct.

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 00:44

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

First, I didn't know how to start my own thread so forgive me there.

Second, the mods I am using:

1. Cadius' X-Tra Shippack, most recent version
2. Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM), most recent version
3. X-Tra Starts, no longer installed do to the poor work of the mod

Finally, I actually own the X3 Gold Edition box, which comes with TC and Reunion (the latter I don't play, ever). So my install is directly from the disc.

Also, I tried doing this plot before I ever modded the game, and like several other people, the plot, with or without mods, refuses to start, despite having all the requirements meet (Terran and Goner plots done, between 2 and 6 sectors from Danna's Chance.)

I have also just finished flying around every sector in that range and have not received any messages, though I did run into Mahi Ma and start the HUB plot, though that should have no bearing on the ANH plot at all.

My conclusion is that I am unlucky, or as of Version 3.2, this plot is bugged and will no longer work.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 01:11

Stargazzer811 wrote:... or as of Version 3.2, this plot is bugged and will no longer work.
Nope. I've done it a few times since that patch. For me, it's only ever started when I jumped into one of the nearby pirate sectors (entering via jumpgate, not using the jumpdrive). I don't recall it ever starting when I was in a race-owned sector. In addition to the stated requirements, there also seems to be some randomness to it, so try doing other things for a while and come back to it later.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 02:32

Do you have Earth Acess and the Unfocused Jumpdrive?
-- GD

RayF

Post by RayF » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 13:34

yea i had some delays starting that plot too.
The sector you are looking for I believe is Bala Gis Joy. Its either this or Farhams legend or olcanketslants treaty.
just make sure you completly map these sectors.
When you map all the stations just flyby these sectors and you should see the plot icon in one of the stations.
it will show up eventually.

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 15:53

Thanks for the replies.

1] Yes, I have the unfocussed jumpdrive and Earth access.

2] Ray, the plot your thinking of is Treasure Hunt. It starts at a station, and in my playthrough I know precisely where it is (Pirate Anarchy Port, Hatikvahs Faith).

3] I have be through every sector via jumpgate after jumping into Aladna Hill, even the pirate sectors. So if it was going to start in one, then it should have by now. I will go do treasure hunt and the HUB and see if something comes up (though those aren't needed to start ANH)

Any other ideas/comments/suggestions would be helpful, especially if anyone is having the same issue.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 17:39

New home plot starts with a message from an argon guy aboard the ship called MadHawk (actually just a colossus) in Danna's Chance.. try checking your logbook if it is there..

RayF

Post by RayF » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 19:01

My apologies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 02:47

I checked my messages before I deleted them, plus the message should hit you every half hour while in the sectors. The most recent message I had was about the crash of two of my Kopesh fighters two game days (four or more days) ago.

And Ray, no need for the apologies, many people get them confused.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 04:11

Stargazzer811 wrote:I checked my messages before I deleted them, plus the message should hit you every half hour while in the sectors. The most recent message I had was about the crash of two of my Kopesh fighters two game days (four or more days) ago.
Can you find MadHawk in Danna's Chance or its neighboring sectors??

Some of your mods might have interfered with the plot.. since you are already modified, you can try using Interactive Plot Manager for Terran Conflict to reset the plots

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 06:31

To answer your question, no I can't. In fact I literally just finished Treasure Hunt and went cruising through those sectors. Of course, as it always does I take a mission, in a fully shielded M7 mind you, to kill an guy, jump back to Split Fire, and get killed my 6 M6's.:evil: I now have to go back to my save, which is 4 hours worth of work, and go back and redo the finding of the colossus wreck and the rescue, and THEN I STILL have to go back and try to get ANH to start.

And as for resetting the plots, the appropriate answer is, and I am paraphrasing, not on my life. I put too many days and too many (figurative) holes in my wall trying to complete the hardest part of the Goner plot, aka boarding the damn TL Seeker.

If anyone else thinks of something different, please let me know.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 21:51

iirc..the plot manager allows for ,not only resetting of plots but also

have the plots done ,complete, free of charge, once you qualify for them.or
pay for them to be done

Now if I were in your spaceships with your problem,this would be very appealing to me, as i could bring myself up to date and choose which plots I wanted to do, which plots i want to pay to have done and which plots I want done for free. :-)

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Sat, 5. Jul 14, 04:31

True, I understand that. However, I wish to achieve things on my own terms, and that means doing it the normal way. I will continue to try to get it to start and then if I can't, I will do it the easy way.

Cheers

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Sat, 5. Jul 14, 22:53

If you find a way to start it and get to the point whereyou're needed to jump in via unfocused jd, never EVER jump back afterwards (ED. without completing the time-limited part), cause it'll break it forever (at least in that playthrough) spreading Freedom's Reach with AGI scums.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 18:14

Well you have to jump out of Freedoms Reach after the rescue, but you can use a standard jumpdrive for that. My issue is even getting it to start in the first place.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”