[X3:TC] Trading help for a noob?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

9911MU51C
x3ap

[X3:TC] Trading help for a noob?

Post by 9911MU51C » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 06:35

Hello all, I have 3 mil. creds and I'm not sure where to build a station and what type to make. I tried making a wheat farm in Home of Light and an ore mine in Red Light, but self destructed both, as they couldn't sell anything or buy energy cells, despite being set to 20 credits per cell and being right next to The Wall. I had the product set to minimum price and the cells set to maximum, and they still had no ships buying or selling, and yes I did check to make sure it could trade with everyone.

So, where can you build a station that works without constant manual buying and selling?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 07:12

Here's a couple.

Ore and Silicon mines in Legend and Aladna. You can probably make money, because are needed right there. Or set the selling price low and use the area as a training ground for your local traders. Buy energy high. I don't start them there, just move them there when they are Level 6. They get to Level 10 pretty fast.

For $ and a first home base, I set up a Spacefuel Complex in Avarice. $3 Mil is not that much. But if you start smaller and expand, SF and SW make a lot of money and the NP traders come on their own. A lot of them.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 17:35

Don't depend on NPC traders. Outside a select few infinite demand products, it's a waste of time and a lot of wasted profit. Get your own freighters to do the buying and selling for you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”