[X3:TC] Help a noob! Carrier functionality...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kenshin87
x3tc

[X3:TC] Help a noob! Carrier functionality...

Post by Kenshin87 » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 15:30

So i bought a few carriers.... the small ones, (TM) i think? The Zephyrus was the name. I fitted them (guns/software/shields/drones), got them some M3's, assigned the M3's homebase to their zephyrus, had them dock at home, and then went out hunting.

I ran into a few pirate M3's and engaged. the Zephs were in a wing so i told the wing to attack. None of them launched any M3's

I click on the carriers command to launch a fighter attack and so they launch their fighter drones (not the M3's)

How do i get them to fight with their M3's?

Any help would be appreciated!
And thanks in advance

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 15:59

homebasing the M3's to the TM it's docked at is a good thing.
when your TM takes damage the M3's should undock and engage the enemy.
once the threat is dealt with they should automatically redock at the TM.

you could also make a wing of the M3's of each TM.
that way you have a bit more control.
one ship could be the leader which the Zephyrus' will follow.
instead of sending the TM's to do battle you could set the front turret to "attack enemies" and the other turrets to "missile defense"

the TM is a great class ship which I totally overlooked in TC.
in AP I made up for it and it truly is a great ship to have in the beginning of the game.

Kenshin87
x3tc

Post by Kenshin87 » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 16:09

Hmmm well i did engage first so i guess its possible they never actually got shot at.

But is there a way to make them more aggressive? So that they launch their M3's just because there are enemies nearby.

Basically i have a small fleet of 4 Zeph's with 4 Nova's in each. I'm trying to essentially bring 20 ships to the fight with only having to really move 4 ships around

When i made large armies before, the stupid ships kept bumping into each other and committing suicide......

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 17:16

I know the M3s will help out their mothership if they have "Protect" orders for it, and they'll also dock at it when there's nothing to fight...what I'm not sure about is if they'll actually launch to attack nearby enemies, or if the mothership has to come under fire first. "Attack Enemies and Land" will definitely send them out to attack stuff, but not sure if that order persists after they've docked back on the mothership or if it's a one-off sort of thing! Some experimentation needed, perhaps...

samoja

Post by samoja » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 17:30

pjknibbs wrote:I know the M3s will help out their mothership if they have "Protect" orders for it, and they'll also dock at it when there's nothing to fight...what I'm not sure about is if they'll actually launch to attack nearby enemies, or if the mothership has to come under fire first. "Attack Enemies and Land" will definitely send them out to attack stuff, but not sure if that order persists after they've docked back on the mothership or if it's a one-off sort of thing! Some experimentation needed, perhaps...
Maybe put all Zeph as your wingman and then when you get into combat order them all to attack your target.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 17:33

if the mothership is not piloted by the player, its fighters will launch automatically even if no order is given to them and protect the mothership from attackers (only if it is attacked).. and will land back if no enemy is found

if the mothership is piloted by the player, its fighters will not launch until ordered to do so by the player..

"Protect" order works on both cases, but will not launch fighters until the mothership is attacked

"Attack nearest enemy" order works on both cases and fighter will launch/attack all enemies within 10km radius of the mothership

"attack target of" order works best if the mothership is piloted by the AI and you assigned its target ship.. all fighters will try to attack that target together with the mothership

"attack enemy and land" does what it says, attack all enemies in the sector and land back.. commands will revert back to "none" upon landing

note: this is all based on my observations.. I could be wrong..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”