[X3AP] Terran plot won't start

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

M4lInX255
x4

[X3AP] Terran plot won't start

Post by M4lInX255 » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 14:16

Hello everyone,

After more than 400H on TC, I decided to start a new game on AP.

I started as a Terran Commander, immediately sold my M6 to get some money and a faster ship, did some missions, killed bad people, etc... I then wanted to know how to trigger the Terran Plot "Operation Loose Ends", so I went on this page : http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... nswer=2167

However, when I read that, I noticed that I was already ranked Instructor (one rank above Professional), and Solar Sentinel, but I didn't get any message that looked plot-related. I've read that the plot starts on the Orbital Defence Station in The Moon, so I docked there, but nothing happened, and there was no one I could speak to.

Is that a known bug or am I just unlucky ? (Or maybe this because I have to be in a M6-class ship ?)

I precise that I am running the steam version of AP (3.1 + bonus pack) so the plot should be available.

I don't really mind starting a new game, but I would prefer not to.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 17:28

Get the M6

Black_Vega
x4

Post by Black_Vega » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 17:35

I had to enter Moon sector before the plot started...

M4lInX255
x4

Post by M4lInX255 » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 18:19

Oh I think I figured why... I am playing with the french version, and the rank translations are ok until rank 12, then the order is messed up (I have no clue why) and "Instructeur" is the rank 13 in the french version while "Instructor" is the rank 16 in the english version, so my rank is actually too low.

EDIT : That was indeed the problem, I destroyed 2 Novas and got 2 ranks (which seems a little bit broken btw), and I got the message (and didn't need to buy back the M6). Thanks for your answers :wink:

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 21:16

heh... punished for reading a walkthru.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”