Prune

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ambushclose
xr

Prune

Post by Ambushclose » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 22:00

:evil:
Last edited by Ambushclose on Mon, 14. Jul 14, 07:29, edited 5 times in total.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 23:41

Last edited by Ambushclose on Mon, 14. Jul 14, 07:27, edited 2 times in total.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 01:52

Last edited by Ambushclose on Mon, 14. Jul 14, 07:28, edited 2 times in total.

ioae

Post by ioae » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 01:58

Race names are found in the l044 language file. There's a bunch that you have to actually change, but it can be done.

addon/t/0001-l044.pck

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 02:01

Last edited by Ambushclose on Mon, 14. Jul 14, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.

ioae

Re: [MOD] Star Wars Chronicles 2.0 and it's future

Post by ioae » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 02:21

Ambushclose wrote:

2. Galaxy map editing for future map changes.

Also anyone who wants to help we have a Teamspeak 3 server dedicated to mod project just PM me and I will give server details.
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
As for galaxy editing, I just fiddled with this editor and it seems to be very functional and relatively easy to use - X3 Editor 2 does not feature it, but the original x3 editor does, so you can find it here - http://x3e.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

It includes the galaxy editor in it, and you can still use X3 Editor 2 for everything else.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 02:24

Last edited by Ambushclose on Mon, 14. Jul 14, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

ioae

Post by ioae » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 02:39

Ambushclose wrote:
ioae wrote:
Ambushclose wrote:

2. Galaxy map editing for future map changes.

Also anyone who wants to help we have a Teamspeak 3 server dedicated to mod project just PM me and I will give server details.
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
As for galaxy editing, I just fiddled with this editor and it seems to be very functional and relatively easy to use - X3 Editor 2 does not feature it, but the original x3 editor does, so you can find it here - http://x3e.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

It includes the galaxy editor in it, and you can still use X3 Editor 2 for everything else.
Excellent! I am using the X3 Editor 2 and was wondering about that function. You wouldn't happen to know where the Xenon Station files are located? I am trying to replace them with asteroid based ones for the Vong conversion.

Now I can make some real progress thanks again!
I'm a little curious - are you planning on making a whole new map? The placement of races in the original x3 never really made sense to me. Very scattered, nonuniform, and a lot of unnecessary resource hog sectors that didn't serve a purpose.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 02:48

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 14:14

Ambushclose wrote:Things I need to know

1. How to convert XSP ships into BOB files
I haven’t worked on the game or with the plugin manager in a long time so it may have a function to do this, but you could always load the .xsp into the game with the plugin manager, then use the X3 Editor to extract the bod and bob files you want.

What I would like to see is someone be successful with editing / replacing the sound / video files. Everything is in one big file, each audio line or video is one right after the other, and is triggered to play by cues for specific ranges within that file. I made several custom recorded audio lines, video clips, etc. Tried to experiment with just one. Made sure the file specs matched, the replacement waveform was the exact same length as the original section range being cut, etc. Didn’t work. Audio was all screwed up.

One thing that would bring the community TO IT’S KNEES in gratitude would be some kind of tool that would take modder’s custom audio / video lines and replace them. Or at least to see someone who has succeeded in doing this in any way.

ioae

Post by ioae » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 19:40

Good luck on this project! I hope you continue to update us as to your progress. Are you making an entirely new mod from the chronicles one? Or are you using that as a base and modifying from there?

If so, I would love to fiddle around with it once you get to a stable enough version to look at. :)

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 01:25

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 01:29

ioae wrote:Good luck on this project! I hope you continue to update us as to your progress. Are you making an entirely new mod from the chronicles one? Or are you using that as a base and modifying from there?

If so, I would love to fiddle around with it once you get to a stable enough version to look at. :)
Thank you for the help with the editors and words of encouragement. I have completely finished the Argon to Galactic Empire Conversion and even managed to port this mod into both XRM and Litcube's Universe. I haven't decided where to host the files yet and my up speeds are rather low to up such a size file. I will furnish internal releases via our TeamSpeak 3 server p2p. Without any help I might just work on this one for myself and a few real fanboys.

ioae

Post by ioae » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 06:22

I can't imagine the packed file being any bigger than a gigabyte. You should be able to get it posted on Onedrive or google drive without too much of an issue. Hosting's free too! :)

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 06:37

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 07:04

so take it new version coming soon? :)

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 07:19

Last edited by Ambushclose on Mon, 14. Jul 14, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

ioae

Post by ioae » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 07:51

Ambushclose wrote:
daan2002 wrote:so take it new version coming soon? :)
Look for a new version on here tomorrow evening the earliest. I have a new idea about how I am going to handle the race assignment for the Rebellion. I am not going to replace a the Terrans or the Paranid but the Xenon. Small pockets of rebellion spreading like a virus, much like the Galactic Civil War unfolded in the early days. Not a faction but a disease that needs to be erased. How does that sound? That means the Vong are out of the game but their ship assets are limited to m6-m3. So it's an easy decision to put them on the cutting board.
Sounds like a good idea. The fewer the factions the better for now, I'd wager. Much rather have a solid playable game with fleshed out factions than twenty different onces with one or two ships a piece.

And I'd be happy to provide any feedback once the release is out. Summer's off and whatnot.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 08:22

Last edited by Ambushclose on Mon, 14. Jul 14, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 04:03

Last edited by Ambushclose on Mon, 14. Jul 14, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”